EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just remember these are BT.2020 LLDV EDIDs so if you use them on an LLDV display the colorimetry will be wrong since each display will have it's own primaries for LLDV so will remap them incorrectly.

These files are for those without a Dolby Vision display so they can view Dolby Vision using the display's standard BT.2020 HDR mode.

I've also done some in DCI-P3 which is generally close to what most DV displays use for LLDV.

2. vddan

vddan Active Member

So it's perfect for me because my broadcasters are not DV!
    Have a good day

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Xiro

Xiro New Member

good afternoon, after updating to the latest update, my Samsung still does not activate HDR, hopefully they will activate it in the next

4. Markswift2003

Can you expand on that - I have a Samsung and there's no issue with HDR nor has there ever been.

5. Xiro

Xiro New Member

[QUOTE = "Markswift2003, publicación: 151537, miembro: 21473"] ¿Puedes ampliar eso? Tengo un Samsung y no hay ningún problema con HDR ni ha habido nunca. [/ QUOTE]

If perhaps I did not express myself well, I mean that with the edid connected if it changes to dv, but the color of the films is very dim, and in TV information it appears that hdr does not reach it. If I disable the edid function, then everything works normally. But then I have normal HDR or hdr10 +, but not HDR (dv)

6. Markswift2003

Ah right I understand.

This is a current limitation - In order to use BT.2020 LLDV on a non-DV display, the display must be in HDR mode and as explained in the first post, currently the Zidoo does not send an HDR message when you use the custom DV EDIDs - the display would need to be switched manually into HDR and unfortunately I don't think you can do this with Samsungs.

I'm hoping that the engineers will be able to provide a switch to allow the Zidoo to send a 1000nit HDR message to the TV.

The only current way around this is with an HDFury device or similar.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  7. Xiro

Xiro New Member

[QUOTE = "Markswift2003, publicación: 151546, miembro: 21473"] Ah, claro, lo entiendo.

Esta es una limitación actual: para usar BT.2020 LLDV en una pantalla que no sea DV, la pantalla debe estar en modo HDR y, como se explicó en la primera publicación, actualmente Zidoo no envía un mensaje HDR cuando usa la función personalizada. DV EDID: la pantalla debería cambiarse manualmente a HDR y, desafortunadamente, no creo que pueda hacer esto con Samsung.

Espero que los ingenieros puedan proporcionar un interruptor para permitir que Zidoo envíe un mensaje HDR de 1000nit al televisor.

La única forma actual de evitar esto es con un dispositivo HDRFury o similar. [/ QUOTE]

exact, thank you very much

8. InNursery

InNursery New Member

HDR flag seems to be set in the 6.3.2

9. Markswift2003

Sorry, no, it's still pushing out LLDV without an HDR message.

10. vddan

vddan Active Member

Correct, here is the message put on the topic concerned:
    'Well, no improvement for me on the' dolby vision 'Zidoo is always released in SDR and not HDR .................. therefore not good colorimetry! ! '
    To be continued...........

11. Markswift2003

Just to be clear, it is not SDR.

It's LLDV, which is essentially the same as HDR10 using a static PQ gamma curve based on the max nits presented in the EDID (in this case 1000nits) with the image dynamically processed using the dynamic tone map data in the DV signal.

The problem is that there is no HDR SEI message being sent alongside the LLDV signal so the display doesn't know what to do with the signal.

The display therefore processes the BT.2020 PQ signal within Rec.709 with a standard power gamma (usually 2.2).

12. vddan

vddan Active Member

Yes ....... not all understood, but I see a very dull image in colorimetry. :(
    Hopefully this will be corrected soon !! ;)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

Hopefully...

14. vddan

vddan Active Member

Currently, there is no parade?
    or
    Currently there is no other way?

15. Markswift2003

If you can manually switch your display into HDR mode then it works perfectly but this generally only applies to projectors.

The other way is to use an HDFury Vertex2 or similar, but then you don't need the EDID option in the Zidoo - the HDFury does it all.

rozel likes this.
  16. vddan

vddan Active Member

For the switch to HDR for me it is not possible!
    Another perhaps silly question:
    currently I am with your edid: 'full + bt2020 1000nits 422-444 RGB LLDV + HDR10 +', can we put in HDR10 + the Dolby Vision with this edid at the base?

17. Markswift2003

It's probably better to allow users to upload more complicated EDIDs like this for themselves rather than it being default - but it may be an idea to put 3 generic EDIDs into the default list - maybe:

1. BT.2020 LLDV
    2. HDR10+
    3. SDR Rec.709

I can't see any reason for the Sony LLDV EDID since the colour primaries are wrong for non LLDV displays and if you have an LLDV display you don't need this EDID!

I'll add an HDR10+ only and SDR only EDID on the front page...

18. vddan

vddan Active Member

In fact, my installation is complex because the video goes through my OPPO 203 and then on my broadcasters!

19. InNursery

InNursery New Member

Really strange I try last night and my projector switch to hdr when I start a DV movie and back to sdr when I go back to movie selection. Before I add to switch manually to hdr and back to sdr. Will try again tonight.

20. Markswift2003

It's possible the EDID option was turned off maybe? I checked with an HDFury Vertex and there is definitely no HDR message coming out, just LLDV.