HDR10+

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Oct 21, 2020.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Samsung generate a lot of bad press for themselves by over promising and under delivering. But quite frankly after viewing many 75" TV's the Samsungs always came out best for PQ. I bought my 2019 Samsung QE75Q950R in August last year and its better than the 2020 models! HDR / HLG /HDR10+ are all brilliant - HDR10+ being the best. Add a Vertex 2 into the chain and you get LLDV into the bargain and lots more.

Pressing the "Info" button on the TV's remote, will definatelty show either HDR or HDR10+ depending on what you are playing - HLG broadcasts aka Sky or BBC will simply show HDR.

2. Anıl

Anıl New Member

I saw that most of sharings are about samsung displays for hdr10plus

In my case, i just get my zidoo z9x and its connected to lg sn11r soundbar hdmi in with original hdmi cable.
    And lg sn11r sound bar connected to Philips 65pus7304 display which supports DV and HDR10plus, with hdmi 2.1 cable.

In this configuration, i can display some mkv DV contents but i never seen HDR10plus sign on my tv with HDR10plus contents which downloaded on rarbg.

I read this topic and I'll try to connect zidoo to philips with original hmdi cable.

Is there any experience about hdr10plus with philips displays?

Thank u.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Very few movies with HDR10+ around and those that have it mostly have HDR10+ combined with DV which most players will reproduce with DV as a preference. With Zidoo only the AUTO HDR setting will reproduce HDR10+ as all others will prefer DV or even convert HDR10(+) to DV.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hmm - I disagree. And to put that into perspective, I've never disagreed with you in well over 3 years of knowing you :D

Samsung developed HDR10+ and as such offer it on their TV's. They did say though that if it did not get widespread takeup, they would consider offering Dolby Vision in the future. HDR10+ content can currently be found on Amazon, Rakuten, a number of 4K discs and, now, Google Play Movies. Hardware support is already stronger, with HDR10+ found on Amazon streamers and Samsung, Panasonic, Philips and Vizio TVs. Google Play Movies also plans to support HDR10+ on "additional platforms" in the future.

I know I ought not to cross-post but here's a list of HDR10+ titles: -

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=300877

The problems that people face with their DV sets, let alone those that have OLED & DV ones is quite remarkable. There's enough HDR10+ content around to keep enthusiasts happy for the moment.

But you are saying "as all others will prefer DV or even convert HDR10(+) to DV." - ABSOLUTE RUBBISH !! - really? Where did you get that from? It probably never will be proved which is better - HDR10+ or Dolby Vision as it is such a subjective comparison. They say techinically DV provides potential benefits but us common mortals would never see the differences.

But for non-Dolby Vision Display owners, get yourselves a Vertex 2 - then you'll get the best of both worlds :):):)

5. Nice Monkey

I call that very few. ;)
    It is a matter of perspective.

All UHD/HDR Disc players I know from OPPO, Pioneer etc all will play a HDR10+/DV disc with DV as the preference. You need to turn DV off on those real disc players to get HDR10+. Please convince me with one exception.

Obviously not talking about MKV, MP4 and other homebrew stuff on media players just commercial discs.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Lol - I didn't make a judgement regarding the size of the list - but it is growing :p

However I disagree mainly with your comment: - "as all others will prefer DV or even convert HDR10(+) to DV." That is plain wrong IMHO

7. Nice Monkey

The only one judge if it is worthwhile is you. Tastes are different and so are TV's.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    Mabon likes this.
  8. Superdog

Superdog Member

After reading all the comments and instructions. I changed the connection from my Z9X directly to the Samsung Qled smart TV instead of my Sony HT-X8500. Now the info. of both Z9X and Samsung TV will show HDR10+ correctly, when playing with HDR10+ video. Also audio pass through to the soundbar will also work without problems.

PS: HDR set to Auto.
    If HDR set to Mapping HDR10, all video will force to HDR10+ but informations of both TV and Z9X will only show HDR10.

Mabon and rozel like this.
  9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

PM sent - it'll explain and refer you for more reading

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

For a hdmi matrix unit (1 in and several out or several in and 1 out or anything in between) you'll find that they don't come cheap. But of course that's not the V2's main purpose - just sent you another PM.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

New toys are always a good thing ;)

Mabon likes this.
  12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Not always ever good to here your tech failing :(
    But only 5 years
    Mine still going strong circa 12 years +
    They sure dont make them like they use to ........

Mabon likes this.
  13. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

Looks like hdr10+ is still broken on zidoo devices. Currently using sony a90j latest fw. no hdr10+ logo showing. TV led DV works fine.

Edit: Sony A90j doesn't support hdr10+. My apologies.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  14. Superdog

Superdog Member

My Samsung QLED 2020 smart TV will show HDR10+ logo when playing with HDR10+ video. Z9X

15. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

Just learned a90j doesn't support hdr10+ . Sorry guys. I was wrong. I'll just have to look for different versions of content by going for DV/ or going standard HDR10.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Superdog likes this.
  16. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

My TV 65x10 tcl supports HDR10 +, but probably not via hdmi, when I start the movie on the inside of the player on the tv, the hdr10 + logo fires, as with zidoo directly connected to the tv it's only hdr10. and when I fire on zidoo hdr10 +, zidoo shows the hdr10 + logo but tv only sees hdr10