Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

Would these setting give the best picture quality with 12 bit FEL data for Z1000 Pro?:

Display/HDR: Auto *
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range: 16-235 **
    Display/HDMI Mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz ***
    ______

Saw this on bluray forum and wasn't sure I understood fully what I should do with a 10bit panel.
    Blu-ray Forum - View Single Post - Ultra HD Blu-ray (4K) Disks and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for Dummies
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  2. Teddyboy

Teddyboy Member

@Markswift2003 well it’s all set up. Wow! I haven’t played any 4k content yet, been to busy catching up on my watch list, but the picture quality looks great to me. The player is a work in progress, but it shows much promise. Needs more work on full BD menu navigation, but I think over time that will resolve itself with further development. Jriver media center was like that when it first came out with full BD menu support, but now it will play just about any movie except for the most esoteric titles. Navigating Memoirs of a Geisha menus was hit and miss. The remote was not very responsive when trying to go to various parts of the menus. Sometimes it took several button presses to get it to play or go to another menu item. Playback through the menu was jerky and would stutter. Direct play was fine.

Sometimes when I play a movie the player will quit to the main display screen, but the movie is still playing. I jump back into HT and press play again while it’s still playing, and it will ask if I want to resume where I left off and continue playback. I had one occasion that Tron started stuttering, but I went out and back in again and it played fine. this happened when I was navigating the simple menu on the left hand side to see what I could do. Wireless connection was very good and strong, but I switched to wired as I wanted the best performance. I used a keyboard and mouse for initial setup because it was easier. I kept expecting it to be easy like a AppleTV to set up. It was easy to set up but the interface needs more work in that area.

I used these settings that you suggested in another post. All except one where already selected when I went to configure the player. HT is nice but I really prefer emby. I installed the emby client but the internal player is not made available as a external player to emby, so I can’t use it at the moment. Zidoo needs to make the internal player visible in the OS to other apps.

Im happy that I bought it. If they keep up the firmware development, this can be one great player. It’s already pretty good.

Attached Files:

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, although the colour subsampling setting are overridden in Dolby Vision, so LLDV outputs in YUV422 12-bit* and Standard DV outputs in 12-bit HDMI tunneled 8-bit RGB.

* unless the EDID allows for 10/12-bit 444/RGB (unusual)

4. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

When I try to use DV LL option in HDR setting on Sony A90j OLED the tv just gets a black screen and I have to cancel through guesswork through the black screen.

This display device supports tv led lldv. I tried compatibility mode and changing to player led mode with the same result. I also tried all the available custom edids.

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Additionally I uploaded the A90j EDID here to the Zidoo z1000 pro with no luck:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/20...post-all-questions-here.3187485/post-60669950

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  5. Markswift2003

It's just possibly a cable issue - if you select LLDV or Standard DV the player will switch to full 18GBps/600MHz signals.

In the case of LLDV that's 12-bit 422 60Hz and Standard DV it's 8-bit RGB 60Hz.

6. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

Thanks for following up with me. A90j tv led DV is working as intended on standard dv content and for v10 engine use.

Got some assistance from a user over on avforums https://www.avforums.com/threads/zi...sion-vs10-owners-thread.2287438/post-29219337
    [​IMG]

7. Markswift2003

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Mark - I don't think I'll ever really get my head around the myriad of choices for DV!

In my case with an LG CX I understand the best setting is to keep in on Player LED DV compatibility?

9. Markswift2003

I honestly don't think there's any huge difference - Player led and TV led both do the same thing, just one does it in the TV and one does it on the player - there may be differences down to how each manufacturer’s chipsets process images but there shouldn’t really be.

Differences are less with the Zidoo since it’s only tone mapping in the case of player led or passing the tone mapping data to the display in the case of TV led - the result on the screen is the same and there’s no recombination of base and extended layer video going on.

10. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

Yes its working as intended.

11. Markswift2003

Very odd then - if Tv led works, with HDR on Auto that would mean 600MHz at 60Hz, so presumably not a cable issue - but as others have said, stick with TV led if it works - Both LLDV and Standard DV should give the same results - I guess it'a just a compatibility thing.

12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I can notice it's slightly brighter with TV-led. Maybe it's that elevated black level thingy?

13. Markswift2003

Quite possibly or just the way levels are handled by the player or the TV - that's the kind of thing I meant about processing - the actual way the video is handled by the Dolby algos is effectively the same in both cases, but of course once the Dolby signal is produced it's at the mercy of whatever processing the TV or player inherently adds.

Theoretically it shouldn't add anything but it's pretty inevitable. Dolby had this nice idea that a Dolby signal should look the same on any source on any TV under the same lighting conditions, but that never really happens.

ammar11 likes this.
  14. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Has anyone experienced Black issues not looking quite right
    Just on 1080p on this firmware ?

Saw a halowing effect on a space movie may have to re look at my settings odd .

15. ammar11

Thanks Mark, awesome as usual . :)

I thought I’m seeing things, but now that you mention it I know now I’m not alone.

In my case generally the black level i.e. during credits is good, but sometimea during fade-out / fade-in between scenes it becomes more gray.

@mirror did you guys do something with picture quality for SDR with v6.3.0?

16. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Perfect movie is Space sweepers opening scene halo effect !
    fade glow grey ring around title should be black .

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    ammar11 likes this.
  17. ammar11

A tip to those using ZDMC (with Zidoo media player), scan your content in HT4 apart of scanning with ZDMC.

This way when you play the title in ZDMC, the title logo will appear (v6.3.0 onwards) and Info button during playback will show you all the title information and poster.

Cyclion likes this.
  18. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

That's right, I've been using that for quite a while and I like it much better than the normal simple and a little bit boring info page. :) The only annoying thing, however, is that after calling up the info page, it always reappears after a few seconds or minutes, as if by magic, after closing it via the info button or the back button! This does not happen with the corresponding call under HT4. I had actually already reported this as a bug, but unfortunately none of the beta testers has been able to reproduce it yet or they have only tested it under HT4...? I have already done a factory reset, but that didn't help either. I think it has something to do with how the system player is integrated into ZDMC or with the system player itself....
    Can you perhaps observe the same behaviour?

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    ammar11 likes this.
  19. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

The same step, we tested it for two hours, and we couldn't reproduce it

20. ammar11

I've experienced the same issue actually. It's not always, but when it happens there's no way around it but to stop playback and resume.

I've not tried HT4, but I'm using ZDMC so maybe that's where the issue is (although this Info option is from Zidoo player).

Cyclion likes this.