My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Ankhilion,

Yes it works too, you can lower the brightness by 50%, and then the subtitles are dark gray, so I think with a setting of 70/80% for example it should be fine.

I'll make a GIF and a new post for this, it may help other people

see you soon

2. ankhilion

ankhilion New Member

I have already purchased the zidoo z9x and I want to thank those who helped me with the subtitles.

I have tried some films in iso and although I have to do more tests I have noticed that in several of them the BD menu does not appear.

The movie directly comes out without the BD menu, the firmware is the last available so I don't know what it can be. Tomorrow you will continue testing other iso and if the menus work.

In the rest, sound and image work very well.

3. OlivierQC

Hello Ankhilion,

Yes, the BDmenu support with Zidoo devices does not work with some movies.

It's a known problem for a long time and at the last news, it's not in Zidoo's priorities, unless it's changed since the last weeks.

1. BD menu processing:
    BD Menu processing works mostly (my guess above 95%). The nasty thing is that BD Menu's mostly fail (getting stuck) when you need/want them to work most being with multi-cut version BD's, with Multi-Episode/Multi-Movie BD's/BD Pure Audio albums as you need the menu for these to select the desired playlist/track.
    The workaround is just starting default longest track playback without BD menu and then going to the BD Menu option for direct track selection. That will mostly do the trick to still getting the desired track to play.

See you soon

4. JohnG

JohnG Member

4K titles stuttering. Hello, and thanks to everyone who has contributed (in particualar, OlivierQC). Since installing the latest firmware update for the z9x, all of my 4K titles are pausing, stuttering and random intervals. I'm using my Synology NAS 418 as my source (Seagate IronWolf drives). I've physically turned off the box (power switch on the back of the player), and even removed and reloaded a couple of titles (they still stutter/pause). 1080p files appear to play properly. The only step I haven't taken is to perform a factory reset. Have any of you smart people experienced this? Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

5. OlivierQC

Hello John,

Sorry, I never had this problem, I don't know how to help you :(

And nobody comes to see this thread, it would be better if you create a thread specific to your problem you will certainly get help.

See you soon

6. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

Do you know the proper procedure to remove an external hard drive from your Zidoo ?

Maybe there is another way to do it, but here is mine

[​IMG]

See you soon

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi @OlivierQC , really good work! (as always). I realise this is a thread dedicated to the Z9X but I had difficulty with the above recently with my Z1000 Pro. The left key simply did not work (at first). After a lot of messing around, I found that by going into Apps and then re-opening (opening again) the Media Centre, allowed me to use the left button (but not in the way described) to bring up the "Unmount" dialogue box. It is necessary though to keep the left button pressed in order to bring up the dialogue box - a single press will just bring up the left hand column menu. Hope this helps anyone.

8. OlivierQC

Hello Rozel,

You're right, I forgot this detail, I modified my GIF.

Thank you

9. detroit1

detroit1 New Member

I just got the UHD3000 a couple days ago but wanted to ask the Z9owners if they also have Audio problems on mkv files that have LPCM 5.1, DTSHD Master, etc

I also played a folder of files that are mp4, mkv that have aac type audio and it plays some with audio, then suddenly no audio as it causes the HDMI handshake to screw up

when I played 4K 60 mkv files with LPCM 5.1 , it stutters and the sound cuts in and out, unplayable

I would like to know if the other Zidoo players are doing this

10. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

To not open a new topic , can I ask if there is a way to remotely shutdown or get on standby mode the Z9X? I can wakeup the device from standby mode via my router but I can't find how to return in previous state.Is there a command in windows cmd to do this?
    I tried the command : shutdown /m \\192.168.178.28 /s /f but I get the message 192.168.178.28: Access is denied (5)

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  11. OlivierQC

Hello Detroit1,

I am not an expert and I have the audio option on ''Auto''.

The 2 LPCM 5.1/7.1 demos FullHD works.

1. LPCM 5.1 (MKV @ 1080p/23.976) (thanks @wesk05)
    2. LPCM 7.1 (MKV @ 1080p/23.976)

With the FW 6.2.5 and my DTS demos vol. 23/24 everything is fine.

We will see if you have any answers on your thread that you created and hope that you will have some answers

I suppose you use the settings recommended by Markswift2003 ?

See you soon

12. OlivierQC

Hello kirkinezi,

It would be better to create a thread for this kind of questioning, you will have more chance to have an answer and it can interest other people :)

See you soon

kirkinezi likes this.
  13. detroit1

detroit1 New Member

I have already tried HDMI Auto and RAW over and over again and the mkv files will NOT play LPCM 5.1 in full quality; it only plays it in 2 speakers even though the receiver shows multi pcm

I played those exact files on Oppo 103, 203 and Himedia Q10 pro using same cables, etc and everything plays in full quality so it has to be the Zidoo UHD3000

mkv files especially don't work correctly on audio and the 4K 60 mkv files stutter and lose audio and are unplayable; again those 4K 60 mkv files play perfectly on Oppo and Himedia players

14. OlivierQC

15. OlivierQC

Hello everyone and welcome to new users of Zidoo devices.

Don't forget that Zidoo devices support BDmenu (under certain conditions) and we can hope for an improvement of their support with the future FW...

[​IMG]

See you soon

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  16. OlivierQC

Hello to everyone and especially to those who come to visit us to learn more about Zidoo devices.

You are interested in buying a Zidoo multimedia device but you want to know more before making a decision.

--------

First thing to know that I think is important :

They are listening to the feedback of the users through this forum and also through social networks.

They are efficient and try to solve the different problems in the best way possible and as fast as possible

Zidoo has a roadmap to fix different problems already known and strictly follow it which is good.

--------

[​IMG]

If you've read my Z9X and Z1000 PRO threads, you'll see that I have an excellent opinion about Zidoo devices and that an excellent device for what it is designed.

The format of the video files I use and the way I use the Zidoo boxes means I enjoy my video library in excellent conditions.

My opinion is based on the way I use it, so if you have the same habits as I do you should not have any major problems.

But you already know if you read my thread...

--------

[​IMG]

However, it will not protect you from having irritants like any other multimedia box that is currently on sale depending on the video files you use and your audio/video equipment and you may be disappointed to have purchased a Zidoo device.

I'm giving you an opinion of a simple user because that's what I am, a person who has the same type of video file as the majority of people who have this kind of device, who don't necessarily know about movie encoding and who expect to be able to enjoy it in the easiest way possible.

Obviously, this is my personal experience and it might differ from other people, due to a multiplicity of variables coming into play.

--------

The first thing I noticed with this FW 6.3.2 compared to the previous FW 6.2.5 is about the stability which seems to me perfectible with this new FW.

My box shuts down by itself while I'm navigating in HT4.0 or there is flickering when I stop playing a movie and come out to the home screen...my TV usually just quietly switch modes.... These problems have become common with the current 6.3.2 in my case.

--------

I have the misfortune to have some video files in MP4 DV (dvhe.05.06) format and unfortunately it doesn't work properly with the Zidoo, there are audio/video sync problems, image freeze, both at the same time sometimes but it only happens if you use the pause, fast forward and rewind buttons...

The problem is that we have a lot of files of this type on the web and many people use it because it seems to work on other multimedia boxes if I don't make a mistake, so if you have this kind of file refrain from using the pause, fast forward and rewind buttons while playing your movie.

--------

If you are interested in the BDmenu support feature, know that Zidoo is improving it very slowly and that it is far from perfect, we know that many people do not use this feature but if Zidoo offers it as much as it is 100% functional but it doesn't seem to be at the top of the to-do list for Zidoo.

So don't be disappointed if you can't take advantage of this feature with some of your ISOs currently.

One last point about BDmenu, BDmenu support with DV movies is not working at the moment.

---------

[​IMG]

Apart from all this, I am satisfied with my Zidoo box.

In general, Zidoo devices do the job for which they are designed, it is not for nothing that they have been so successful for the last 4 years.

It is far from perfect but the truth is that it is one of the best device in its category

---------

[​IMG]

But this is not the case for everyone on this forum, so I invite you to take a look at the different threads of the forum to get your opinion on Zidoo devices.

For those who are interested in the UHD3000 for the Audiophile part I invite you to read the Nice Monkey reviews available on this forum.

For those who are wondering if the Zidoo have enough options in the `` Settings '' tab to find the one that suits you, you have Mark Swift's Thread which explains everything in detail.

---------

Hoping this will help you make the right choice

See you soon

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Teddyboy, Kemper and rozel like this.
  17. Teddyboy

Teddyboy Member

It would be nice if we had a tool like Yadis for Dune that could directly write to the sql lite database, and maintain posters, banners, meta data, etc. I like tiny media manager, and I’m starting to use that as I restructure my collection for the Z9x. I’ll use that in conjunction with McBluna’s command line tool. It’s not ideal because it’s cumbersome to use, but I think it will give me more control over my collection. Even though he has no plans to add a GUI to it. That would go a long way to making it easier to use. I’m grateful that it exists.

Your posts have been very helpful. I always enjoy reading your threads. I’m coming from a HTPC, there always a trade off, but I think in the end my little Z9x will prove the right choice for me in the long run. I got tired of dealing with windows updates, madvr which would drive the gpu to run very hot in a passively cooled pc, lack of seemless integration with the players (I don’t like seeing the context switch between the front end and the player. :)

Six66Mike likes this.
  18. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I'm working on a gui

DELUCAS and Markswift2003 like this.
  19. Teddyboy

Teddyboy Member

That’s excellent news. Your tool is very powerful as it stands, but once you implement a GUI for it that will make it much more accessible to use. Couple it with tiny media manager to gather metadata and artwork, and I’ll be able to push data into HT 4 using your tool with more control and detail then just using NFO’s. I’m looking forward to using it.

20. OlivierQC

Thanks Teddyboy, It's nice of you :)

Hello McBluna,

Thank you for your work, if you are able to make something accessible for the common man like me and many other users it would be great.

We'll wait for your news about this GUI

see you soon