Beta version v6.3.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 30, 2021.

1. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

For now you don’t….. wait a week at least

“@mirror
    Hi guys,
    We received a possible playback bug feedback, so we paused the push, we have a five-day holiday, see you in five days!”

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

A little bit ;)

Dual Track Dual Layer and Single Track Single Layer both contain the two layers, so in both cases the Zidoo reads the RPU and ignores the video essence from the enhancement layer.

Generally:

Profile 7 MP4 is Dual Track Dual Layer
    Profile 7 MKV is Single Track Dual Layer
    Profile 7 M2TS is Dual Track Dual Layer

But all contain the same information, it's just how it's containerised.

3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Oh it seems that Mr @Markswift2003 has just answered - spooky!

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Answered what? I just logged in and it seems everyone in the world has posted in the small hours of the morning!! :confused:

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

It was to do with Blenky's question about what is "Dual Track" - I too wanted to know what this means.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. Thanks to @Eleonor for helping me with the link, I also have to ask thanks to all of you and especially apologize for my behavior: in the rush to install the update I did not read all the pages of the discussion well and therefore I did not realize that the Firmware 6.3.0 was removed from the download due to a bug. Thanks again and again sorry, sincerely, Andrea.

8. Art

Art New Member

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

So is the recommendation to download OTA this 6.3.0 firmware at this stage or not?

10. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Actually it's like every beta. Use it at your own risk.

xskip and Markswift2003 like this.
  11. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Look at your apps !
    Working for me on one

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Sorry to be a pain but has the firmware been taken down? I have just gone to where I thought I could download and install OTA under Settings/Other/Upgrade from the home screen and it's saying I am up to date. I am currently using 6.2.5, so am now confused.

Edit: Ignore post, I guess it has. A bit sleepy today and didn't catch up with the posts quickly enough. Enjoy the Bank Holiday all!

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I do like this FW update but keep in mind I don't use anything else than BD on ISO or folders. Can live without DV for the very few movies around including it for a few weeks. :)
    No idea if DV still works for my BD's as I did not get anything new on my "to watch" list including it.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  15. vddan

vddan Active Member

Okay ..... I think I found the bug or one of the bugs:
    By choosing an HDR parameter in the VS10 list, the framerate does whatever it takes and does not remain stable and on certain 25 hz files it does not read them at the correct framerate !!!!
    So while waiting for the correction if at home it works well, do not touch anything ........

16. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

I have tested ZDMC 18.9 with Aeon Nox: SiLVO and I must say it's very good looking movie collection ;) I would like to ask, if there will be any update of ZDMC to version 19.0. There are some improvements and at least it recognizes and shows correct icons for Dolby Atmos/DTS:X in .mkv.

If I will install Kodi 19.0 instead of ZDMC 18.9 will it work as it should on Z9X? Will it plays via built in Media Player of Z9X?

Sincerely

17. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hello everybody
    Yesterday I updated and everything was fine.
    I haven't found any bugs even though you say there is.
    I only have .mkv movies.
    Dolby vision films are played perfectly.
    I still haven't checked if any bugs have been fixed on the dac outputs.
    CONGRATULATIONS to all the zidoo team who know how to give great satisfaction to those who bought this fantastic player! !.
    Very nice to see the title of the film when you start it instead of the classic wheel.
    If I also find any bugs I report it. ;)
    Joe

skelton and Mariusz like this.
  18. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @mirror

I have also noticed, that in HT4 movie .mkv 3840x2160@59.400 hasn't got any Tag Icon like: 23.976, HDR, Dolby Vision, MKV etc. It would be great if there will be shown such icon for 59.400 too.

Sincerely

19. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hello.
    Some time ago I also asked if they could enter this data but they said that for the moment they were developing something else.

joe

20. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

I point out that using the internal Dac and making the signal output with the two XLRs, the Blu-ray: Stereo PCM 96/24 tracks are not reproduced correctly.
    They go in slow motion.
    Example: Pink Floyd: Delicate Sound of Thunder Long Island's Nassau Coliseum 1988.
    I also have other titles that I have tried but they don't work.
    They are all slowed down.
    I am hoping for an update that solves the problem.

joe