Crowdsourcing translation project for ZIDOO Media player need your help[22 Mar test version update]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Yes, looks great, thanks. If I may do a small suggestion, perhaps you want to review this phrase in your initial post:
    I can imagine other people feeling NOT being invited. IMO such a thread should actually be very open to every user that wants to contribute; it's in everyone's interest. What you think?

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I don't think the translations have been implemented yet.
    My guess is that they have to be reviewed first and then officially approved (or something like that).
    I wonder who is doing these reviews, btw.

Mabon likes this.
  3. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I guess no new translations have been added yet, it was mentioned somewhere in the thread about the new firmware

4. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

@mirror Can you also add Greek ?

5. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Any news for the languages already translated, vs an incoming firmware release?

Mabon likes this.
  6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Mariusz likes this.
  7. RafP

RafP New Member

Great, now I can check the exact context of the each sentence.
    I'll mainly look for errors in ITALIAN language.
    Please, other italian users, give feedbacks

Mabon likes this.
  8. runels

runels New Member

So, I checked on Z9X alive and Russian part seems good. A pare places without translation only. I found them in projects and fullfill translations. Can we hope this corrections will be add in final apk`s version?

9. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I have translated the new strings for HT in french and made some corrections or optimizations. In the library settings, it could be nice to have larger buttons for the "backup" and "restore" functions: the last 3 characters of the french words can't fit. Same with the « cancel » button in the match or re-match window (1 character of the french word is missing). I will check later if I can do more optimizations of the translation.

Working on Quick Settings now...

edit: the arrays xml for quick settings (the one with 10 strings only) has not been added to the apk translation.

PS: Please, tell us when you add new strings in the project. ;)

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  10. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

There is something wrong with the string 45 of the Quick Settings. It's like 2 different strings merging to display the countdown and the text. You can see it when you change to any option in the HDR settings.

[​IMG]

For now, I changed the translation in french for something like that (in english for convenience):

"\s seconds, the original settings will be restored.\n Do you want to save this change?"

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    Mabon likes this.
  11. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

\s is a code to get a space between the countdown and the word "seconds". I added another one to the string 44 in french, to also get a space between the word "After" or "in" and the countdown. The message on screen is a merge of strings 44 and 45 I think.

In the project, I can see these translations for the string 45 in English UK and English US:

English UK
    After in $s seconds the original settings will be restored. Do you want to save this change?

English US
    After s seconds, the original settings will be restored.\n Do you want to save this change?

Is your screenshot coming from the original apk, not the one released in first page of this thread to test the translations? This is what I get when I select English UK in the settings for the actual version of the apk released for testing:

[​IMG]

12. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

13. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

There is also a missing space between "From" and the name of the poster website in HT 4.0, string 552.

When you want to change the images, you will read stuffs like "Fromtmdb.com" or "Fromfanart.com" instead of "From tmdb.com" or "From fanart.com".

I will try "From \s" for the french translation to see if that works.

14. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

You are trying to get fix of this?
    Original:
    Code:
        <string name="remid_start">"After "</string>
        <string name="remid_end">"After s seconds, the original settings will be restored.
     Do you want to save this change?"</string>
    try change to:
    Code:
        <string name="remid_start">"After "</string>
        <string name="remid_end">"s, the original settings will be restored.
     Do you want to save this change?"</string>
    then output similar to that:
    Capture.png

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  15. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Original:
    Code:
    <string name="from">From</string>
    try change to:
    Code:
    <string name="from">"From "</string>
    then probably will have space like in "From tmdb.com".

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  16. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

So in Transifex, we add quote marks to the string, to get a space at the begining or at the end, and they won't appear on screen in the Zidoo?

For example, for the first part to display the message in your screenshot, we should use quote marks?

"After "

And the second part (if we need a space between the countdown and the "s"):

" s, the original settings will be restored.\n Do you want to save this change?"

An example with my translation in french:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  17. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

I don't exactly how Zidoo will extra from Transifex.
    As can see in line 44 quote marks are not display to get quote marks on display need to unescaped >" something \" display in quote marks \" other things<.
    For French all string with apostrophe need to be in quote marks like you did on line 45 or Zidoo will do later unescaped for apostrophe >quelque chose d\'origine autres choses<.
    Enjoy Zidoo player.

Mabon likes this.
  18. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I requested to transalte German :) if you want me in the team I would be happy to contribute.

19. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I did sign up with my google account now I wait for confirmation to start :) thx

20. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

What would be much easier would be to merge the strings 44 and 45 in one string including the function for the countdown and that's it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Mabon likes this.