X9S New firmware v1.2.6 for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Labtec

Labtec New Member

CEC bug is not solved, X9S still turns on when power on TV, CEC setting is off in X9S.

It would be perfect if the X9S only turns on when switching the TV to the X9S HDMI input.

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Did you try to put cec on then uncheck all box then switch off cec?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  3. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

Dont correct work auto-framerate!
    Need to add FHD mode 1080p@25Hz and 1080p@30Hz
    This is test video https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3uMOhjxGl5UUkswWXBxY2pkdWs
    1) 23.976 fps work correct, switch 1080@23.976 and tv switch 1080p@24
    2) 24 fps work correct, switch 1080@24 and tv switch 1080p@24
    3) 25 fps work not correct, switch 1080@50 and tv switch 1080p@50! Correctly switch 1080@25 and tv switch 1080p@25
    4) 29.97 fps work not correct, switch 1080@60 and tv switch 1080p@60! Correctly switch 1080@29.97 and tv switch 1080p@30
    5) 30 fps dont work, no switch! Correctly switch 1080@30 and tv switch 1080p@30
    6) 50 fps work correct, switch 1080@50 and tv switch 1080p@50
    7) 59.94 fps work correct, switch 1080@59.94 and tv switch 1080p@60

HiMedia all play and switch correctly!
    25_1.jpg 25_2.jpg 30_1.jpg 30_2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  4. panther7

panther7 New Member Beta test group

ISSUES from v1.2.6:
    * SAMBA hostname is not visible in local network (can join only via IP address)
    * SAMBA directory listing is very slow
    * Missing SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) support
    * Audio jack output is very noise (maybe HW problem)
    * Can't enable Czech QUERTZ keyboard
    * Spotify Music (Android app) has sometimes music lags (bad CPU managment?)

Thanks

5. francishe

francishe Member

Thanks for the new release. But what I have been expecting is not there. One suggestion for v1.2.7. Can you add movie poster there just as Baiboer Q10 Plus does. I think it not difficult, just downloading from the website like subtitles.

6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

ZIDOO Theater.

7. Lony

Lony Active Member

Thanks for the new Firmware :)

I have a Issue with a Video Source ---> UHD H-264 AAC 100mbit , it runs not smooth.

I have send a email to @freeroc with a link for a sample .

Thx. Lony

8. gridlock

gridlock Member

so the issue of (automatically powering on whenever the main power source is switched on) is not yet fixed..... yet another day for my zidoo x9s in the storeroom locker.....

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

thats hardly a issue...

10. Lony

Lony Active Member

Use a Less Adapter without Pin13 and place it on the HDMI Out from X9s and all is ok, My X9s have with this little plug no ON/OFF or other CEC Problems :)

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Be aware of de-Interlacing! An interlaced source of 25P and 30P should be de-interlaced and output to 50P and 60P what it did right with FW 1.2.4 please don't change that. Will check it with the new firmware.

Be very sure what you measure. Most TV's and AMP's will report 24/1001, 30/1001 and 60/1001 just as 24P, 30P and 60P some may not even support it at all. This is the reason for making those an option which also is the right implementation in my experience.

mirror likes this.
  12. gridlock

gridlock Member

it is..... every time i switch on the main power source to watch regular tv (via my sat receiver) i have to change the tv hdmi input source just to switch off the zidoo x9s and then go back and change the tv hdmi input source to watch the regular shows on the sat receiver again....
    i know that there's a power switch (at the back of the zidoo x9s) , but why would i keep it always off just to avoid the automatic start of the zidoo x9s !??
    as i mentioned before , i've never encountered this with any other box (himedia q10 pro , nvidia shield tv or the minix neo u1)...
    when we don't consider or acknowledge other people's issues as issues for us personally , we act like barriers to solve them out by developers. especially, if such comments come from an experienced contributer.
    sorry for mentioning about other brands.... i had to

13. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

Ok. But 30/60 fps dont switch on 1080@60Hz mode! Set system mode at 24Hz and run test video 30fps!

14. Nice Monkey

1) The DVD Menu shortcomings are not fixed. With FW 1.2.4 the processing of DVD Menu's was added when playing ISO's (Folders are not supported yet).
    Most Menu's get stuck and make these movies unplayable as there is no way to get past the Menu. Similar to BD als DVD needs options to skip to the next chapter or next track which are missing. The current state is unusable for all who try to play DVD's which include Menu's.:mad:
    I suggest to add an option for DVD Menu with options: YES, NO, ASK.
    2) Tried the Standby mode with a SATA attached HDD and the problem seems to be solved. It now does not hang-up Android anymore.:)
    Spoken too quick. Saw it once again but this time going into power-off state. Hard to reproduce however as it happens far less.
    3) Did Some quick testing with HDMI CEC. Using HDMI CEC ON with Follow-TV=OFF did not see any blocks between other equipment or spontaneous power-on thus far. My player is connected to an AMP which in turn is connected to a TV. For HDMI-CEC those form together a single bus though.
    - The "One Touch Standby" seems to work with my Onkyo AMP and Philips TV. It powers down automatically when the TV is switched off.
    - For obvious reasons I don't want the reverse to happen as I have more sources than just a media player. But for testing enabled the "Auto Power On from TV" temporary. This did not work with my setup as nothing happened at power-on of my TV/AMP.
    - What it does not do either and what is the most basic feature of HDMI-CEC (when enabled without any feature further selected) is switching to the corresponding source port it is physically connected to being an AMP or TV at the power-on moment. All my non-Android boxes do this for me by just enabling HDMI-CEC.
    - No idea what "One Touch Play" is supposed to do. For me it did nothing. IRDA/CEC is normally meant to pass IR remote control signals to the bus. Never have seen this working well unless one has a whole chain of boxes of the same brand. Don't turn that one on unless you know very well what you are trying to achieve. "Auto OSD Language" is obscure for me hence OFF too, could be meant to sync the language on all connected boxes?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  15. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

HDMI CEC has problems here too.
    i checked a lot of combinations of settings
    the device is switching on sometimes automatically - even when TV Set is off :(

16. Nice Monkey

a) HDMI-CEC is a bus protocol and any box may do something only when something happens on that bus.
    When all boxes are powered off nothing should happen on that bus and a spontaneous power-up due to HDMI-CEC is extremely unlikely.
    b) A loose power connector could do it as the default mode after a power interruption is ON (not as it should be in my vision OFF). Best is an option with ON/OFF/Last-State.
    c) I have seen multiple HDMI-CEC implementations requiring a power cycle to be activated. Not so strange when realizing that they react on events being in power off state too. So when making changes always do a power cycle in between. I do so for all my tests.

Explain how your setup looks like in detail please. Maybe I can help then?
    The error with spontaneous power-up I saw before was when other devices where powered-off the X9S did the opposite and powered-on again which triggered my AMP again to re-power-on too (set to follow as I use it always).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  17. Labtec

Labtec New Member

It looks like this was the solution, for now it seems to work :)

18. Nice Monkey

This is not how HDMI-CEC is designed. Exactly the reverse it the supposed model. You switch on x9S and the TV (or AMP) should switch directly to the HDMI-port X9S is connected to. That is even more convenient in practice. Unfortunately is still does not work yet and regarded a bug by me (all my other devices do this).

19. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Thanks Zidoo! Now my unit doesn't start anytime now.

20. piou44

piou44 New Member

the 3D bluray ripper with MakeMKV not working
    -with glasses image is 2d?!?! ,

-dvdfab> 3d iso encoded 50gigas> 25 gigas, works ok
    -bluray iso 3d works ok

do not speak English