Beta version v6.2.5 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

1. As far as I know you can't other than actually watch the movie - Media Center is just a file explorer so there is no media management as such.

2. HDMI resync is the display resyncing to either a change of resolution, framerate, HDR mode or a combination thereof. How long that resync takes depends on the display. In your case you could mitigate it entirely (with the exception of Gemini Man) by switching the HDR mode to LLDV and HDMI Mode to 3840x2160p23 but it depends if you're happy with everything being presented in LLDV via VS10.

This is what I do in my cinema since my projector takes approx 15 seconds to resync.

3. HDCP is not needed unless you use an online source that requires it. Leaving it on does no harm but I don't bother and leave it off.

Deep Colour Compatibility mode enables forcing of 4K50/60 4:2:0 10/12-bit even if EDID does not allow. Leave it off.

2. Markswift2003

The database also updates from sources when played from Media Center, you just can't manually change this as you can in HT4.

3. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003

Thank you for your explanations.

1. I would like to say, that in APPS there is a bug with SORT by A-Z, when I click it there are not sorting correctly for example:
    Control Center is before Camera etc.

2. As for HT4, I have noticed that in Collections for example Star Wars Collection, I can move/rearange movies/poster (their places) for example: Star Wars Episode IV is discovered as Star Wars, but other episodes are Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Episonde II - Attack of the Clones etc. So I can move Star Wars after Episode III and it's OK, but... When I disband Star Wars Collection for a separate movies in HT4, Star Wars (Episode IV) is before any other Star Wars episodes, when HT4 has sorting by TITLE A-Z. How can I change place of Star Wars (Episode IV) and put it after Star Wars Episode III? If there is no such option to move outside Collections, is there any chance, that you will add such feature?

3. Another thing related with HT4, when I disable backgrounds of movies and use only default Wallpaper (grey), my movie posters are visible on that grey wallpaper and it's OK, but when I click Star Wars Collection, there will be visible background of Star Wars Collection, not my default HT4 grey wallpaper. Is there any possibilty to have inside Collections in the first page, where my movies are listed as posters, to have grey default wallpaper like outside of Collections?

Sorry for my English, that isn't my first language, I have tried the best I could, to explain.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely

4. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@Markswift2003
    My question is: should these options be turned on or off in the current 6.2.5 firmware?

Quick Settings > Other > About > Advanced Settings > System > Realtek developer options > playback with less reserved buffers.
    or
    "Enable Playback Performance Mode (EXPERIMENTAL)"

regards

5. Markswift2003

1. Never noticed that before. The more pertinent question is why is there a camera app anyway!!?? :D

2. The thing is, HT4 is really designed to work with collections but you bring up a very good point - re-ordering movies in the same way you do with collections is a good idea.

3. I understand disabling the dynamic background image in the main poster view so thngs don't look cluttered, but I think collections would look too dull without that background image, particularly collections with only a couple of movies - the reason it's there is to match the way there is a background image in the details page - ie one step away from the main poster page. It keeps the interface consistent.

Your English is a damn site better than my Polish!! ;)

6. Markswift2003

I must admit I've never touched those settings, but having checked, in my case they are both switched on - I assume that's by default and whether that status has changed for different firmware, I don't know.

But a good general rule of thumb is, if a setting has not been brought out from Android settings into the GUI settings, there's probably a good reason so leave well alone!

7. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003

Thank you :) ...you're so kind.

1. As for camera, yeah, it's not working anyway and crash ;) You should hide it from APPS or delete, so it will no longer be visible.
    2. Yes, I would like to have such feature, it would be great!
    3. Yes, you're right, but I think it should be an option not default, so way, that people like me would decide, which look they prefer. As a workaround I use Custom Background in the color of my Wallpaper in HT4, to have the same coloristic.
    4. If we're talking about HT4, I would like to have a feature similar to Kodi. There are also posters, but when I click it I may decide (set default or "ask me what to do") between PLAY movie or go to INFO (where are all Actors, Trailers, Plot etc.). At the moment HT4 forces me to see INFO screen with Plot, Trailers, Actors and then I may click PLAY. I would like to PLAY movies directly from the Posters page. It would be great to have such feature. I am suprised, that there is no such feature in Classic Mode, there is in some way in List Mode and Cover Mode, but I prefer Classic Mode with posters. I don't need to enter to the INFO page everytime, when I want to watch a movie, so it should be an option, but not default.
    5. Is there possibility to install Kodi from Google Play? Will Kodi be a player or when I click play on movie it will play with local player?

Sorry for that question, but are you a Developer for ZIDOO Z9X? Are you the person who can decide on changes to future Firmware versions?

Thank you once more for your time and great support.

Sincerely

8. Markswift2003

Sorry no, I'm not a developer for Zidoo - like everyone else here I'm an enthusiastic user, but that's the great thing about Zidoo - they listen to what we want - I just help out a bit here and there...

If you want Kodi, try ZDMC - this is a port of Kodi specifically for Zidoo - basically a Kodi wrapper that uses the Zidoo player. It's not officially supported, but it's kept going as a side project:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html

9. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003

Thank you once more. I think Developers will hear you better then me, so if you be so kind please whisper to their ears some new feature for HT4:
    1. Option to have HT4 Wallpaper visible in Collections first page.
    2. Option to re-ordering movies on the Posters page in the same way we do with Collections page.
    3. Option to play movies directly from the Posters page in Classic Mode without entering to Info page with Plot, Actors etc.

How to install ZDMC on Z9X, is it possible to download on PC and install via SMB from Z9X. Or copy to USB or other way I don't realize of?

Thank you once more :)

Sincerely

10. Markswift2003

Just download the apk and install it from USB for example.

11. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

In ZDMC I can edit title and sort title. For example the Skywalker saga, I leave the title as is but I edit the sort titles to Star Wars 1, 2, 3 and so on it'll always be in correct order no matter what the actual title is.

I love the way Kodi handle my media, I never use HT4 anymore.

boxerfan likes this.
  12. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @ammar11

I have a workaround, just export .nfo files and then edit to:

<title>Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope</title>
    <originaltitle>Star Wars</originaltitle>

...in .nfo you may change everything, I can even rewrite it to my national language. After editing .nfo files, just update the database with option prefering .nfo files. Simple.

Yes, I was a Kodi user for a long time, but HT4 is nicer in look, simpler. One thing is missing in HT4 - hit PLAY button on the remote in Posters page in Classic Mode or just OK button without entering to INFO page. It's must have feature! If any Developer is reading this forum, please add simple solution for Classic Mode, I mean an option, when I click Poster of the movie there will appear Prompt:
    -------
    Play Movie
    Show Information About Movie
    o Check if you want to rember default value
    -------

Thank you in advance for your support.

Sincerely

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. ankhilion

ankhilion New Member

I have already purchased the zidoo z9x and I want to thank those who helped me with the subtitles.

I have tried some films in iso and although I have to do more tests I have noticed that in several of them the BD menu does not appear.

The movie directly comes out without the BD menu, the firmware is the last available so I don't know what it can be. Tomorrow you will continue testing other iso and if the menus work.

In the rest, sound and image work very well.

14. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Yes, I know about the NFO but I prefer to just edit the titles in ZDMC. there isn't much to edit for me anyway. They're mostly the way I wanted it already.

To me the HT4 interface is messy and unprofessional, but each of us have our own preference so I understand if there are people who likes it and hate Kodi.

boxerfan likes this.
  15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Tried Back to the Future 2 .iso earlier ,lasted couple mins before some stutters and audio out of synch noticably
    Back to the Future 1 had played fine PRE .20 .25 f/w

Ill play around with BTTF 3 later and maybe try making mkvs since these are DV HDR10+ from mem , in case its an issue
    Havent got round to testing Alita yet cos ran it like 100 times leading up to these 99 perc stable f/w , lol

edited these in to page 5 posting of pass fails so far for me

16. Conrad Winchester

Conrad Winchester New Member

Whats the difference between 6.2.5 and 6.2.5_G?

17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

g has google play store built in ,just has to be activated ,which is shown how in the main forum

18. Conrad Winchester

Conrad Winchester New Member

Thanks - is it worth having play store installed?

19. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

On this firmware everything from UHD DV ISO / BDMV folder has played back in BD Lite is

Output mode: 3840X2160p @ 23Hz RGB 8 Bits BT2020 DV

Why RGB 8 Bit?
    Same file with BD Menu is normal HDR 10 Bit BT2020 HDR

I had a HD Fury Diva in the chain after my AVR ( Denon AVRX-3300W)

Removed Diva same

Did full factory reset and flash of firmware and restore of HT 4.0 library.

Why the 8 bit on DV but not from DV rips?

Settings as suggest from MarkSwift2003

Display 77 Oled G6P

DV Mode Standard

HDR: Auto

Everything else is normal. RGB 8 bit BT2020 DV is throwing me ?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  20. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Because the RGB 8 bit output is normal as well. It’s the preferred output and it’s TV led DV.

xskip likes this.