New Zidoo on the Horizon For August ! Not fix software !!!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Mar 28, 2021.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Womder when more Media boxes start coming out with 8K playback even though its still in its infancy stage as such .

2. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

Hmm, interesting where to get 8K materials ?? ultra bluray discs too small can be ???

3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

4. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@ulna68
    As I know 8K upgrade for Blu-ray are not in plan.

@McBluna
    Story are just repeating in 2014 when Android media players with 4K support it was release to market is was available YouTube home made UHD/30fps a year late LG DEMO HDR/OLED and Sony/Panasonic/Samsung demo are join.
    UHD rips come on May 2017 next will see as not yet defined...

Between The Spring Festival Gala is was first live broadcast on 8K [Shenzhen, China, February 2021] .
    Enjoy media collection.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  5. DELUCAS

4K Blu Ray Discs will be the last physical media disc unless they change there stance but the way blu ray sales are going i very much doubt it .

6. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

but if they give up physical media, what about quality ?? At the moment, 4K with dd + 5.1 has nothing to do with UHD materials (the issue of video and audio flow - e.g. dolby truehd and dts-hd). If 8K will be only from streaming media, it looks like it's going to be poor ...

7. DELUCAS

4K Blu Ray will be the last format released media .
    With lockdown and the vast amount of streaming has happened its fast tracked the end to Physical media
    Look at all the new streaming companys that are out now .

Yes Quality will suffer and ive heard some not in 4k any more ? dropped to 1080p
    So a lot will be just upscaled to 4K or 8k with some dusting of Magic with a new video codec to handle it all .

But people power may push for better quality .........or a lot are not bothered and happy to watch on there phones or pads

8. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

on average, one movie from streaming media is about 15 GB, the same movie from uhd is 60 GB. People spend a lot of money on great equipment and this is to be limited to streaming media ??

9. DELUCAS

Yes Looks that way unless there is an upsurge in purchasing of 4K / Blu rays / Discs
    Id imagine some fancy new video codec will enhance the picture and most wont notice or complain . :(

10. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Everyone please buy the discs, I’m begging. Piracy is hurting the disc sales and this will push studios to focus on poor quality streaming instead.

11. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

in Poland, the prices of UHD discs are sick, out of space, in relation to earnings, the prices are unacceptable, In addition, the price policy of companies is really bad, I bought a movie on vhs, then on dvd, then on bluray, and now I have to pay a sick price for the UHD versions , The concerns themselves will benefit this market with their pricing policy. If UHD prices were normal at the DVD level, I would buy much more albums. And the concerns want to sell the same product again at a higher and higher price ...

ammar11 likes this.
  12. DELUCAS

Its more so Streaming has got huge !
    So people who used to buy Dvd / Blu rays its easier / cheaper to pay Monthly and sign up to Netflix / Disney + etc
    Hence the Demand for purchasing blu etc have plummeted .

as i said earlier Lockdown has Excelerated the demise of media Purchase .

ammar11 likes this.
  13. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

But we can't give up, keep buying those discs, it should help even if a little.