Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Maybe I haven't explained myself ... it's the Zidoo that with AUTO mode always HDR10 signal output, I never see written DV when I ask the zidoo for information .... I expect to see my black screen, instead receive a signal HDR .... so the Zidoo doesn't read DV ... that's clear it doesn't work with DV

2. Of course, if you set it to Auto, there will only be DV if it is DV content. What happened to me is that on Auto I was getting DV, which shouldn't happen .. After about a week (I don't know why) on Auto, everything has normalized: in fact, on Auto I didn't get DV, as it should be. Let's say that slowly, however, with the various new versions, the DV Engine has improved a lot.

3. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

What is your TV model?

4. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

I might have the best performing tv in the world, but the Zidoo always sends an HDR10 video signal ...

5. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

The Zidoo always sends an HDR10 video signal , in auto mode

6. I do not know if I have explained myself badly maybe. On Auto, DV only appears if the content you're watching is DV, so it's clear you don't see DV anywhere. The problem was mine that (maybe 2 Software versions ago), the DV signal was coming to the TV even if it shouldn't have been because I had set it to Auto. Then, without doing anything, the Auto setting again began to do what it should have done: Auto = not DV if the content to be watched is not DV. Then, surely I explained myself badly because, I saw (compared to the previous Firmware) that the DV Engine was much improved in terms of performance ....... and I said it ........

7. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Well for sure I use DV video content , for example Gemini Man .iso or Rampage.iso

8. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I see that you have an Optoma UHZ65 projector, this device isn't compatible with dolby vision. What is your TV model because for exemple none of the Samsung TV has Dolby Vision.
    In auto mode zidoo send Dolby Vision only if you play dolby vision content on a dolby vision compatible device.

xskip likes this.
  9. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

But think ..... I know very well that the Optoma is not compatible with DV .... I have been writing for a month that the Zidoo always comes out in HDR10, after I have updated with FW 6.2.

10. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

So what is the display you're using for DV? We want to help but some information would be helpful, otherwise not much anyone or Zidoo can do.

So far you're the only one reporting this, so it'll be interesting to find out why so Zidoo can work for a fix.

11. @Ozzyoz: Hi, did you then have time to reset everything and put a recent firmware back to see if your problem is solved?

12. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Updating your signature would be a good thing, so everyone can quickly know what hardware we're talking about ;).

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is confusing the hell out of me!!

What display are you playing out to? Everything you've said so far indicates that your displays are not Dolby Vision, so of course you won't see DV.

14. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

And ?

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

This forum absolutely does not promote or facilitate the downloading of illegal copies of media. I suggest you remove the said elements from your signature or you may find you will be banned from these forums

ammar11, xskip and Mabon like this.
  16. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I haven't said anything on that forum that would let you conclude I download content illegaly, I have just listed the software I have installed on my nas because I find it usefull and I use the same signature on nextcloud forum, plex forum... I really don't understand all this sudden "hate" started by me trying to help "Ozzyoz". I'm not the most active in the community but I try to help when I can. I'm actually working on a plex and jellyfin mod to play their library with the zidoo native player with a first version in open-source for jellyfin (see the related thread). I think all this is off-topic and I don't want to argue most about unfounded accusation against me.
    Have a nice day ;)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Mate - no hate as you say, don't over react. Nobody has said you download illegally but putting "QBittorrent" in your signature might suggest otherwise, that's all I'm saying

Mabon and ammar11 like this.
  18. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

It's been 6 month I'm on this forum with this signature without any complain from anyone o_O, you're a bit late :D
    If you have an issue with me pm me without pollute this thread with off-topic post.

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

It's been requested very recently that members post their signatures, so there's more focus on them now.

Mabon likes this.
  20. ZidooTR

ZidooTR New Member

Is this the topic that member’s signatures are discussed only ?? I have some problems with my Z9X but no one takes care ! I can not play 2160p 59.94 mp4 files . They play like in a slow motion. Audio comes after the video. When I pause and resume , it seems to play fine for a sec but then plays in a slow motion. My second problem since the newest beta; in HT4 in some files when I try to fast forward or rewind it says” this video could not support this operation “ ! But when I open the same file in media center there is no such thing !