Jellyfin android tv app compatible with zidoo native player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gogo789, Apr 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

If some of you are interested I just fork the last released version of jellyfin android tv app and made it compatible with zidoo native player.
    You have to enable external player and direct path option in the app settings. You also have to check the zidoo player option and add smb username and password if needed. I have tested it on the Zidoo Z9X in the v6.2.0_g firmware.
    You also must have parameter your jellyfin library path replacement as in the picture.

You can find a release of the apk in debug here : https://github.com/hpn789/jellyfin-androidtv/releases/tag/v0.11.5-zidoo-debug
    Feel free to test and report issues :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  2. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot! I'm not getting it to work, however.

Did you mount your library inside your Jellyfin server from a network drive?
    Because I did not, so that might be my issue. The external player doesn't start for me even though I selected all the options regarding the external player and also added the SMB credentials (also tried without).

3. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Jellyfin server turns in a docker on my nas. Did you setup your jellyfin library path like this ?
    upload_2021-4-14_20-4-38.png
    The second path must be something the zidoo can access over network (with file explorer for exemple)

Sledgehamma likes this.
  4. Sledgehamma

Alright, works :)

I just added the SMB path for my library inside Jellyfin.

gogo789 likes this.
  5. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

ummm why two threads for the same thing?

6. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Oooo, I love this! Can’t wait to try after work.

I now have a chance to ditch ZDMC.

Thank you so much for porting this

7. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Thank you, I 'm also working on a solution for plex ;)

8. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Just to have a clean thread. Plus this one is about a patch of jellyfin app to call the Zidoo player, the previous was asking for a change in zidoo player to be compatible with jellyfin, not exactly the same thing :D

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

I got it installed last night. Quite straightforward configuration, and got it running. Initially it was using its internal player, need to tell it to use external player so that it triggers the Zidoo native player. So far so good. I'm still adjusting to the new navigation method. Nice work! Thank you!

10. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

I notice an interesting behaviour - after watching a tv episode or movie to the end, it always prompts “duration played less than length, do you want to mark it watched”. kind of irritating after a while.

suggested improvement:
    a. auto mark watched if the playback was stopped at >= 95% of duration.
    b. don’t prompt if playback stopped at <95% of duration (let zidoo native player resume from the stop point)

11. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Yes it always ask if you have finished the movie or tv episode, thing is I don't know how to retrieve the "watched time" from the zidoo player activity. I'm currently working to a solution for plex client (almost done ;)), I gonna search about this after.

boxerfan and Sledgehamma like this.
  12. Sledgehamma

That would be much appreciated :)

13. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

Sorry for the off topic..Anybody knows if it's possible to install in zidoo box (I have x9s) plex/emby media server? I would use it as a nas to send to my tv's app plex the streaming of my videos...thanks.

14. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I don't think you can use it as a nas. The only android device I know which can run plex server is the nvidia shield tv.

15. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

ok thanks...

16. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I installed but how can I select zidoo native player. It using jellyfin player:(

I found native player.

but jellyfin cant connect directly nas. It is just working manually.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  17. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I don't really understand your configuration.
    You have to enable external player and direct path option in the app settings. You also have to check the zidoo player option and add smb username and password if needed.
    Can you access the smb folder jellyfin is pointing at from the zidoo file explorer app?

18. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

thank your answer.

I selected automatically login as this user and solved auto login problem.

It is good for now.

19. Purple

Purple New Member

Thanks so much for this! Makes it a lot easier to keep track of my Tv shows. Will you be updating it? The Jellyfin android TV client has had lots of UI improvements since this release.

20. muha

muha Active Member

You can install emby server on X9S
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ecommendation-for-plex-like-experience.90301/
    I did test it a bit, worked fine. You can also install both Emby server and client apps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.