Beta version v6.2.5 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

What about that EL story is it just a claim or do you see it really being processed by Dune? Would be the only plus difference then.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  2. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

HDFury devices are not only editing the EDID of the projector it also applied color mapping from LLDV to HDR10 since no projector support LLDV (or DV) so it doesn't replace "HDFury" I think o_O

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No - all it does is force DV - there is no EDID control as we have on the Zidoo.

So far neither device can replace an HDFury to spoof LLDV since neither will output an HDR SEI to force the display into HDR mode when using BT.2020 LLDV.

gogo789 likes this.
  4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

We’re posting Dune’s firmware changelog now.

Mabon and xskip like this.
  5. paresh

paresh Member

The HDR still doesn't come into play while watching 4K movies with HDR support. Any of the selected EDIDs still gives a washed out look to the GUI & movies & the resolution drops to 1080p from 2160. Why can't we enforce HDR the way DV VS 10 engine can be? Moreover, the resolution never dropped from 4K to 2k after selecting a compatible DV mode in the previous FW updates but it does now with FW v6.2.5. Avtar in ISO format supporting 2D & 3D still doesn't play with it's interactive menu. It's really disappointing to see some of the major issues are still being ignored with every new FW update.

6. Markswift2003

EL story?

7. InNursery

InNursery New Member

Is that impossible or will that happened in a near future?
    Same question for the black level issue VS10 engine is unusable for me.

8. Markswift2003

I hope so - I know that the SOC can send an HDR SEI message since it does that for the GUI when either Mapping HDR10 or VS10 HDR is used. Without it, it kind of makes the BT.2020 LLDV feature useless.

I've sent details about the VS10 black levels time and time again although recently I had feedback that they were looking at white clip so maybe we'll see some movement at some point.

9. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Sadly WE MUST wait for the next release... :(
    Hope zidoo team is looking for this issue and fix it

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Dune processing EL as designed for FEL with UHD/DV ISO/Folder playback.

11. Markswift2003

As far as I know Dune have never explicitly said that they process the video essence of the enhancement layer since the SOC won't do that. What they do, which I object strongly to, is use language to imply that that's what's happening so those who maybe don't fully understand how a Dolby Vision signal is made up will make incorrect assumptions.

Same as Zidoo, they process the RPU (which is part of the enhancement layer) for both FEL and MEL but I think Zidoo do it more elegantly.

xskip likes this.
  12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Blimey - that was rather sneaky - in a good way! Noticed the thread name-change and voila - the other models now have their firmwares. Got in real quick and download took seconds :)

Mabon likes this.
  13. Superdog

Superdog Member

HDMI CEC issues remain and I have to use a CEC less adapter to fix the issue.

14. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Cheers Zidoo team but sadly cant take advantage of Dolby Vision still

15. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

Please detail the hardware you are using each time so they know exactly where the problem lies. They fixed my CEC problem with my hardware and no longer use a CECless adapter. Saying the problem still exists generally when it isn't generally doesn't help direct their efforts. There is a specific issue affecting your hardware that needs addressing. If you are the Apple TV person, I suggested an experiment to help troubleshoot the source. Did you try to isolate the source as suggested?

16. Superdog

Superdog Member

Let me explain detailly:

I have 3 devices, Samsung Smart QLED TV 2020 43", Sony soundbar HT-X8500 and Zidoo Z9X. Samsung TV connected to Soundbar through eARC HDMI port 2, Apple TV and Z9X connect to port 1 and port 3.

Auto power on/off set to enabled between Samsung TV, Apple TV and Soundbar. Zidoo HDMI CEC settings remains off. Samsung remote can control Apple TV also. I had no problem when using firmware 6.1.0.5.

After upgrade to 6.2.0, each time after I power on the Z9X all the auto power features of the other devices will lost and Samsung remote cannot control the Apple TV anymore, even I soft power down the Z9X. I have to hard power off it to restore these features. I upgrade the firmware to 6.2.5 yesterday but issue still remain until I use the CEC less adapter to the Z9X.

I had unplug the power for half an hour each time I did the upgrade.

17. Gilles

Gilles New Member

VS10 black levels : Do not give up Markswift2003 ! we are with you

vadergr likes this.
  18. Markswift2003

Never give up, never surrender!

vadergr, DELUCAS, rola and 2 others like this.
  19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Reminds me must watch that again :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  20. JakeA

JakeA New Member

I will be getting my Zidoo Z9x next week .. can I just flash the non-Google framework OTA firmware first without any setup being done? Or should I just connect the Z9X to my TV and do all the initial setup and then update this OTA firmware?