Is it possible to have a version of HT2.0 in 2.35 format

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 12, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hi Zidoo Team,

Many people use HT2.0 with a 2.35 screen and they lose information at the top and bottom of the image.

I do not know if this is already the case, but is there an option to display HT2.0 in 2.35 format when we have a 2.35 screen ?

or

Do you think it is achievable?

-------------

I did a montage with Photoshop,

[​IMG]

Hee is a picture of HT2.0 with a 2.35 screen, the picture is cut at the bottom and at the top of the image, the title of the film is cut in half...it is sad.

[​IMG]

See you​

deibit, Letmein, Ridge and 2 others like this.
  2. skelton

skelton Member

This would be great if possible, i have a 2.35:1 screen in my home cinema and would love an option to display HT2.0 in this aspect ratio.

Letmein likes this.
  3. thrang

thrang Member

If not already implied, the main poster wall as well...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Letmein, Ridge and skelton like this.
  4. skelton

skelton Member

Yes, that would be nice too.

5. thrang

thrang Member

Kaleidescape widescreen poster wall:

[​IMG]

Letmein and Ridge like this.
  6. DTSman

DTSman New Member

Thanks to Olivier for opening this thread.

A switch choice "ratio format" 1.77 or 2.35 (and why not 1.85 ou 2.40) in the main display settings will be apprecate. In order to display all GUI (HT2.0 but also other app) in the aspect ratio of the video display.

On my side I use a videoprojector essentially in 2.40 aspect ratio for wide screen and of course the HT2.0 interface is cropped. It's a shame considering the graphic quality of HT2.0

7. Ridge

Ridge New Member

To bring this Tonic up on top again.

have the same problem here with my projector on my 2.35:1 screen. OlivierQC Made a Perfect example how it Coup Look like. Kaleidescape has ist implemented - but that is sure at different Price tag!

A good solution would be like the one from zappiti. They have a 2.35:1 Mode for us widescreen owners. Maybe we are just an exotic species but that is how our dedicated home cinemas are build...

Letmein and skelton like this.
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's a really nice idea, and although my setup is CIW, this would certainly elevate Zidoo more into the CI world...

Ridge likes this.
  9. skelton

skelton Member

All projector owners with a cinemascope screen (myself included) would benefit from this. I have seen the Kaleidescape implementation live on a 2.40:1 screen projector setup last year and it was really awesome!

Letmein and Ridge like this.
  10. Ridge

Ridge New Member

Maybe this could be a workaround:

In Kodi it works by overriding the interface resolution to something like 3840x1310 (1920x804). Since I dont have access to my box right now can someone please check this.....

THX

11. Jonas Hansen

Jonas Hansen New Member

After this post, I see that it is now possible to actually add 2.35:1 format in Zidoo. This is great!

An even better feature would be to add 2.37:1 and 2.40:1 formats to the list of choices. Hope that the Zidoo dev-team is reading this.