Beta version v6.2.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000(April Fool version)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2021.

1. JamesYAOL

JamesYAOL New Member

I bought UHD3000 from China and shipped it to Toronto, well, it is not flawless and here is a short list of common known issues.
    1. Lousy fan. (everyone knows :)
    2. DAC mode, left speaker keep sending out static noise (I worked it around by doing the following: Reboot UHD3000, give it 20 minutes to think everything over, then start playing movie/music/QQ music/youtube), the left speaker will be quiet and keep put for at least 10-12 hours. I suggest you never shut down UHD3000, maybe reboot it once a week?
    3. Power off/on button is not bluetooth! Cell phone mouse mode is so difficult to use.
    4. You cannot control youtube very well (so as most apps) especially on page up/dn and use mouse to choose the play scroll (e.g. you wanna play starting at 45minutes or skip 10 minutes...)

Ok, UHD3000 team is working very hard on issues so I sit tight to wait for these common big issues resolved. There are minor issuse that I can live with.

I need your advice about setup now.
    I use DAC XLR line to my power amplifier for stereo music. But sometimes I watch movies. I found I am not satisfied with stereo L/R style (which the center talking is mixed onto L/R... like TV version movie). I tested a cheap home theater receiverwith HDMI and I found I want L/R+central speaker.
    The first setup is: I use HDMI out to a DTS decoder, send L/R RCA to power amplifier and central to another amplifier.
    The problem of this step is 1. I need to go to setup to shut down DAC off and get HDMI out. (I do not know why Zidoo think DAC or digital audio is something you cannot take both?) 2. I need to let my power amplifier to use RCA (usually it uses XLR)
    So I tried second setup, I link HDMI to a home receiver and use it as pre-amp, L/R to power stereo and center to speaker directly. This setup will save my switch back and forth on DAC/HDMI mode.

My question, 1. will the second setup ruin the HIFI quality comparing DAC output when I listen to music? 2. Is there any suggestion about how to make a better setup solution to balance the music HIFI quality and the movie watching requirement?

thanks,

James

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes it is.

This image shows the HDMI info from a Denon 7200 with the info display from the Zidoo and the signal information from a Vertex at the bottom.

Similar to a lot of equipment, you'll never see a Denon receiver report a 24000/1001 Hz signal correctly.

(I chose a 1080p signal for this since Denons will not overlay an OSD on 4K signals, but obviously exactly the same thing happens)

!cid_29a03641-d0c1-4891-bf8e-2e1c00dfeb3f@winuk.jpg

Another thing to bear in mind when relying on a Denon OSD (and others) is that it can't discern a 12-bit 422 signal correctly - probably to do with both 8-bit and 12-bit 422 having the same bandwidth despite 8-bit not being a legal mode:

!cid_ddac0f1a-ed8f-4e74-ba96-f2e613c4ee10@winuk.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    ammar11 and xskip like this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@Markswift2003
    I am missing correct audio information for Zidoo. DTS HD is getting a 2 CH+ (bonus?) channel count and LPCM not is reporting the sample-size. :oops:

@JamesYAOL
    I do have a S/N ratio problem on both channels. When set on 3/4 max volume I start hearing the noise clearly. This is above normal playing levels (40% to 60% range).
    This is constant and does not change with power on/off or duration of use.
    Are we talking the same problem?

Yes the fan is a very small size and all these models are always noisy. Not a fan quality problems it just should have been bigger at lower RPM. Missed opportunity with UHD3000. Mounting a bigger one comes with a height constraint without that I would have done that already.
    But UHD2000 was running a lot more often at high speed so it improved a lot.

Power ON is done by a HW chip using IR only for a valid reason (standby power < 0.5 W legal requirement). You can also use the Zidoo Controller APP using WOL

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

All this frame rate doubts are weird, it's not hard to understand. Poor Mark has to explain this again and again. Don't worry, everything is good in that department.

Zigourney, Markswift2003 and xskip like this.
  5. Danielc

Danielc New Member

Here may be only a small group of people using Plex client app downloaded from Google Play store in Z9X. However, I found that playing HDR movies in Plex does not trigger HDR function in my Optoma projector while it functions normally in Plex app of Shield TV box.

6. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

why there so many HDR option, why dont make it just 3options, VS10 for SDR display, VS10 for non DV display and VS10 for DV display
    still everytime change this HDR option, resolution always change to @60hz itself even already lock the resolution to @23hz :(

and after i update, netflix mod cannot play anymore :(
    will try downgrade to 6.1.05 later

boxerfan likes this.
  7. Nice Monkey

As the competition offered more VS10 choices Zidoo just followed. AUTO does a good job though and is still there. ;)

Yes frame-rate and resolution keep changing back to TV preferences for the highest supported. Lock does not work. :(

You can save you that try as it won't work. It is caused by a Netflix change not by any FW update. :mad:

8. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I wonder how much time is needed for people to understand that zidoo is not suitable for Netflix or Amazon Prime video?

xskip and Zigourney like this.
  9. Nice Monkey

I would phrase it differently: 'People don't understand that Netflix and Amazon Prime don't want their streaming services to work on any Chinese Media Players". Mostly a SD and 2CH only APP will work but who is happy with that?

Afraid of their movies being copied in HD with MCH sound and HDR using these players? They don't need to worry about that as that will happen anyway.

10. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Not always ... with FW 6.2 if i put in AUTO mode the DV movies are displayed in HDR10 output from the Zidoo:mad:
    I have to use DV for HDR and DV to get VS10 output mode from the Zidoo. With beta 6.1.15 I didn't have this difference

However Zidoo team does a great job.:)

11. Nice Monkey

Something goes wrong then. You want native DV output (not VS10 conversions) for DV sources.
    Tried Player-led and TV-led choices? Looks like LLDV support only to me?

Ozzyoz likes this.
  12. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

i have tried , not chance

Can I think I'm wrong demo clip? Do you have to recommend a native DV clip?

13. Nice Monkey

Personally I know only one DV format and that is a UHD/HDR BD ISO or Folder with DV included next to HDR10(+).

For me it is the real thing or nothing.

14. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

We all know that, so what's your point in the Zidoo beta firmware thread? Now that we have talked a little about the pros and cons of the Denon info screen, I suggest again to come back to the topic:

Why is Zidoo outputting wrong frame rate and resolution now even in movie only playback? Why is playback getting worse and worse with every new firmware?

15. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

yes Auto is the best option if we just want to watch every contents as it is
    but with SDR contents i assume that with VS10 it look better especially for dark scene, just set the Brightness in Parameter to 29, very nice at least for me :D

i use mobile Netflix mod almost 2-3weeks ago and work very fine until i update this firmware
    have you try netflix mod apk? not that one come with the previous firmware

16. Markswift2003

That DTS bug has been around for a while - although it shows correctly if you click <More> and look at the MediaInfo screen - not sure if LPCM does the same - it's not something I use on the Zidoo.

Probably one line of code needs changing :rolleyes:

RS232 has discrete On/Off - that's what I use and it's bomb proof, but you need the CI kit to do it.

17. Markswift2003

If DV movies are outputting HDR10 in Auto that means the DV movie isn't compatible as far as DV goes (eg FEL if you're still on v6.1.15)

If you then use "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine(For HDR,DV content) all you're doing is converting that HDR10 to DV using VS10.

18. Markswift2003

I was simply answering your question:

"So Zidoo 23 Hz is correct? I don't think so..."

I'm not really sure why you think Zidoo 23Hz is incorrect - it's spot on.

ammar11 and boxerfan like this.
  19. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

mvo38856 wrote :
    3. I installed the Google Apps pre-installed package on my Z9X, but when I want to start the Google Play Store, I get the message that my device was not certified for play protect. What do I have to do to enable Google Apps on my Z9X?

Thanks!

Markus

Instructions for obtaining a certificate
    1. Open the Play Store app
    2. go to settings
    3. Chooses "other"
    4. Go down to the "info" section
    5. In the web browser, go to the page:
    google android/uncertified
    6. Log in and then enter the GSF ID and press the button "Register"
    Restart your Zidoo, you should be able to login after a while.

20. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I use nvidia shield to watch netflix and Amazon, because all these mods do not allow watching in 4k quality and dolby atmos, and not so much money spent on equipment and subscriptions to watch in FHD (or even lower quality) and stereo.

godalmighty and Markswift2003 like this.