Beta version v6.2.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000(April Fool version)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2021.

1. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Seems to have worked, no audio out of sync at stop/resume.
    Tested with mkv and dv fel rip with bdmv structure.

2. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Also with new firmware update, now everytime I played a movie, I have to disable sub titles. Anyway to turn it off?

3. Hugh

Hugh New Member

NVM found the setting to turn off subtitles. 3d is working perfect. Nice updates.

4. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Use srt - only they make sense

You can always do srt along with txt (I did this a long time ago when DVD didn't read srt but txt)
    :)

5. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Well, so now I get a dubious Dolby Vision logo. But only 1080p resolution and 60 Hz frame rate, because frame rate switch now doesn't work anymore for 4K-ISOs even in poor movie only mode. Basic playback is getting worse and worse with every new firmware.

6. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

use .srt files, they work flawless

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Frame rate and resolution working perfectly for me. Set GUI to 1080p 60Hz. Played The Elephant Man 4K ISO direct and got DV at 3840x2160 @23.97. Tried via menu - the same except HDR10.

8. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Yesterday I watched the movie Collateral 2004 Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL + FEL + RPU

I noticed about 4-5 flashes of green image (for a fraction of a second) and the film was stopped for about 70-80 minutes (I did not look exactly in time). I had to go out and fire up again to restart where it stopped

9. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

10. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

11. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Now also tested with the The Elephant Man 4K ISO, same result as before, movie only playback.

EM-start.png

EM-info.png

(Zidoo Output Info: 1080p @ 60Hz)

EM-Denon.png

(Denon Input Info: 1080p @ 60Hz)

12. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

For comparison, the 2012 4K ISO, which is HDR10:

2012-start.png

2012-info.png

Zidoo Output Info: correct 2160p resolution switched to correct 23 Hz

2012-Denon.png

Denon Input Info: correct 2160p @ 24 Hz (the Denon shows 24 Hz for 23.x Hz and 24.0 Hz)

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Odd. Mine below

Attached Files:

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

A lot of amps and displays (Denon included) don't discern between 23.976 and 24Hz when displaying framerate.

The framerate is always correctly reported by the Zidoo, so never trust what the display/amp says.

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

But as I've said elsewhere, 23 as reported by Zidoo is not what it allegedly displays - 23.976. So who is right here?

If Zidoo is displaying correctly, then it needs to quote 23.976 for 23.976 AND NOT 23

16. Markswift2003

As has been said before, quoting an integer value is industry convention.

ammar11 likes this.
  17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

The Vertex2 displays the actual fps and the Zidoo doesn't - I would expect actual fps to be quoted, a no brainer imho

18. Markswift2003

The Vertex does it by calculation so shows the exact frame rate - usually 23.972 or 23.973 - as long as it's just under 23.976 that's fine (frame issues only arise if above).

The video is actually 24000/1001 fps which is nominally 23.976 but because it's a mathematical value rather than an absolute one, the convention is to use integers. I don't really see it as an issue either way.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    ammar11 likes this.
  19. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

I am having a number of issues which have been around for some time and have not been fixed with V6.2.0:

1. On the Home Theater web interface (x.x.x.x:9528), only a limited number of rows of posters are shown, then there is a "No records" shown after the last row that has been shown. It appears to be some kind of connectivity problem. It also appears frequently when changing a poster or a backdrop. The popup window then hangs at this:
    upload_2021-4-6_18-7-1.png

I have a rather big movie collection (>2500 titles), the Z9X is wired to a Cisco switch, the media files are hosted on a HP server. I noticed the problem first with the version where the interface became usable again after droping Flash.

2. The Blu-Ray menu does not start on a number of BD-ISOs that I have backed up:
    - Dolby Atmos Demo Disc 2018
    - Dolby Atmos Demo Disc 2016
    - Dolby Atmos Demo Disc 2015
    - Dolby Atmos Demo Disc 2014

When trying to start the disc menu, the Z9X gets stuck on the "loading circle" forever. With the Return button, I can stop the loading attempt, so the box does not freeze, it just can't load the menu... It is only for Music and Demo Discs that I use ISOs, so the number of discs/ISOs where I am entcountering this problem is limited, for my other 15 or so ISOs the BD menu loads fine. Maybe Dolby has some special authoring applied here.

3. I installed the Google Apps pre-installed package on my Z9X, but when I want to start the Google Play Store, I get the message that my device was not certified for play protect. What do I have to do to enable Google Apps on my Z9X?

Thanks!

Markus

20. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

So Zidoo 23 Hz is correct? I don't think so. The Denon is more than good to double check 24, 25, 50 and 60 Hz frame rates, and resolution and color space. And always precise on sound formats where Zidoo still fails.

But the topic is not Denon info. The topic is that Zidoo is still missing basic playback functionality.