Dolby Vision FEL Playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes - as @Sledgehamma says can you give us the time stamps and we'll take a look...

2. Markswift2003

Presumably you want to convert that to play on the Zidoo rather than change the profile.

That file is dual track dual layer and you want to convert to single track dual layer.

The easiest way is to convert to BluRay ISO with TSMuxer and then convert back to MKV with MakeMKV which will make it single track dual layer.

ammar11 likes this.
  3. MRobi626

MRobi626 New Member

Thank your answer, but I didn't put it well.

If change mkv file profile some editor 5.1 to 7.1, like this:

Then can i play file DV FEL?

Thanks.

4. Markswift2003

No - Profile 5 is single layer and Profile 7 is Dual Layer.

Levels are different to Profiles.

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

6. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

This scene is around 43:10
    Holy sh*t, who did that mastering?! When the ship comes into the screen there is so much macro blocking in red it makes it look like a bitrate starved streaming source...

7. DaMacFunkin

Exactly!
    Looks fine in full FEL

8. Markswift2003

Wow! Haven't seen encoding that bad since Video for Windows was released!

9. DaMacFunkin

LOL vfw.

10. snapo6

snapo6 Member

My DV FEL BD movies are just playing fine but have one big annoying issue. With stop/resume the audio is completely out of sync, only thing that helps is playing the movie from start and then forward were you stopped!
    Is this a noted issue?

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

watched 3 Fel movies since 2 f/w , 1 MKV and 2 bdhm folder types
    none i watched had any audio synch issues with pause / resume
    One i did pause and turn tv off came back turned on and Zidoo continued playing no audio issues but Player had reverted back to hdr pq mode
    Stopped movie restarted and hit continue and DV etcback

12. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I ran a DV movie from iso and it worked fine with one exception it was impossible to rewind the movie

13. Markswift2003

Yes - there do seem to be spurious issues like this with ISO and BDMV playback.

14. looun

looun Member

this video is wrong, ALL player with mediatek chip a bug with LLDV never fixed.

15. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

I ripped DV UHD into iso eliminating sound tracks that I do not require using DVDFab. When playback on Zidoo 1000Pro, picture looks dull even worse than HD version of the same movie.

16. Markswift2003

From what you describe, that sounds like the TV is not kicking into HDR mode - neither HDR10 or Dolby Vision.

17. Nikl

Nikl New Member

That's Great!! which stable Firmware version shall we use for Z9X

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

latest has been very stable for me ,BUT i dont use HT type setup
    Purely use smba to files on win 10 pc HDDS via main media player ,and play just the movie/tv with none of the poster and commentaries bs

19. Nikl

Nikl New Member

Thanks @cucnz - could you help me in getting the coordinates from where i can download the right firmware version for my Z9X.
    is it officially available in some zidoo repository.

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.