HT/Posterwall - black screen

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by snapo6, Mar 17, 2021.

1. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Have a strange issue since a couple of weeks.
    Turning on the Zidoo I always get the startscreen (Menu) with FileManger, HT/Posterwall, Music Player, Settings etc.
    All options are working fine except HT/Posterwall, when selecting HT I just get a black screen!
    Sometimes it helps executing a complete rescan through FileManger otherwise a complete on/off that solves the issue.

Any idea what it could be?

2. Chris Chen

Chris Chen New Member

The same issue just happened to me. Black screen on postwall. Can't get it working anymore. A couple of other apps also behave weird. IPTV extreme keeps reloading. All just happened today.

I wonder if it's because I attached / scanned an external drive then removed it. Maybe the postwall lost connection and can't fix?

3. snapo6

snapo6 Member

In my case screen remains black and ultimately did a factory reset and that worked but unfortunately all settings lost :(

4. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

have the same issue with my Z1000 Pro - HT does not start, only black screen (some times, not every time). When I press "back" the startmenu appears again. Only reboot of the device helps...

5. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Had issue with Black screens when navigating HT4 and also other parts of the GUI and black screens on playback of DV content. Fixed it with factory reset and data reset in Zidoo options.

6. sadaniel

sadaniel New Member

I'm having this issue as well, is factory reset is the only solution for now? Hate to set everything up again.

***UPDATED***
    I did the factory reset. Working perfectly now.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021