Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

This is getting really difficult but I'm sure I'll get what I want if I persevere ;) - I want to know what MP 6 sends and what my DAC receives.

So

1. What sample rate does MP 6 send?
    2. What sample rate does my DAC receive and send on to my Receiver?
    3. What bit rate does MP 6 send?
    4. What bit rate does my DAC receive and send on to my Receiver?

For both 16 bit and 24 bit please regardless of what MP 6 or my DAC displays

2. maglione

maglione Member

DTS-HD in full bluray menu is hit and miss, sometimes work ok, and sometime zidoo detected DTS-HD but pass to AV/receiver just DTS.

Without bluray menu always work ok.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Need to check this one as I almost play without menu. Use BD Menu only when really needed (and often fails then).

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Nice Monkey can you answer please? If I'm asking a dumb question then I apologise but I didn't understand your previous answer

Thanks

5. Nice Monkey

Everything works as it should the only problem is knowing if actual PCM output via USB (internal or via USB) is really 16-bit or 24-bit. We need to believe Zidoo for this.

6. maglione

maglione Member

I use full menu for concerts and musicals, DTS-HD sometimes work sometimes no.

7. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

8. godalmighty

so far i use bluray menu and fine with all kind audio codec

9. Edo

Edo New Member

Haven't read the whole thread to see if others have suffered issues but my Z1000 pro is not functioning correctly after this update, unit will not power on via remote and it's also messing up hdmi cec with other units where no problems existed before.

10. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Too dark ?
    There’s 2 a night and day photos . :)

godalmighty likes this.
  11. godalmighty

before it only show one :(
    ahh...it shield remote i guest
    can you power on with this remote?

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

No
    But can power OFF unit plus has own menu button and vol control like the zidoo works etc
    Power on with the Zidoo Remote then it goes in the drawer .

godalmighty likes this.
  13. wally

wally New Member

@mirror
    Optical output: clipping when playing 24bits files, not with 16bits.

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Not good this - I love my Zidoo and really hoped it would work well with both Films and Music. Sadly it seems on the music side things are flawed. As @Nice Monkey has already alluded, seems the 24bit reproduction is not going to work due to the way processors work. I find that unbelievable but it is fair to say that I am experimenting with my external USB DAC away from the Zidoo, so I don't run into complications and of course he's much more qualified than I am on audio matters. What bothers me though is that all the relevant sound formats have been in existence for years yet my Zidoo Z1000 Pro is having difficulty. As I've mentioned elsewhere I'll be very cross if the UHD3000 gets sorted and not the other models using the new SOC - just saying

15. ATROX

ATROX New Member

PCM 24bit - I have a many .flac files (Hi-Res). I would like a real solution to this problem. And not only me. And there are many who love music.

rozel likes this.
  16. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I understand some prefers to listen to their music from Zidoo, but if anyone interested I plug my USB drive full of 24-bits music in FLAC or other formats into my Denon receiver and use HEOS app on my phone to play them.

It works for servers too. Also this way I don't have to turn on both Zidoo and the TV. I think other receivers have something similar.

17. wally

wally New Member

Yes, it works. But in my case, I am not listening my music with my Home Theater Amp, but with a NAD, no usb plug. Zidoo is a sort of a gateway. And when I design my set up for music, I really count on the Zidoo to do this task. So, this is a bit disappointing.

ammar11 likes this.
  18. Nice Monkey

24-bits was just added and still flawed. I don't think it is clipping but overrunning samples? Anyway it has this problem via HDMI too and is on the list.
    I know Zidoo is active on it.

19. wally

wally New Member

Sound breaks like 3 or 4 times a track. That's the effect with HDMI output?
    I report it because I see the question of HDMI is notice here, but not the optical issue.

20. Nice Monkey

With FW 6.0.15 it is less than with FW 6.0.10 and still bad above all at 192kHz. Never use SPDIF myself. The same output is shared between HDMI and SPDIF by the HW.

Updated the problem description once more.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021