ZIDOO Series your NEW Top 3 Features you Want Added Not please Fix Thread !

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Mike SoXxX

Mike SoXxX New Member

Its not fix..it hasnt got the feature..so its new.

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

BE5BADF0-82CF-47DB-BF8F-2755329C7454.png Roon Ready
    Netfilx

HBO is only one to add

3. Mike SoXxX

Mike SoXxX New Member

Zidoo never has the roon ready certificate! Its not working on any zidoo!!

There is no native(!) netflix, tidal and hbo app. You cant use the android apps with the standard remote beacause the “wrong” android os.

So its all new features!

4. DELUCAS

Think you gotta forget about streaming apps !
    Not gonna happen i doubt .
    Poss Roon ready may happen ?

think it changed hands by new buyer ?

5. Mike SoXxX

Mike SoXxX New Member

Streaming apps and manufacture android apps dont support the maximum audio and video quality, so we need native apps.
    And the mobile app cant handle well the android apps.

I dont know when will be the roon certificate ready. Zidoo cant say the deadline just bullshit everytime. So now its only a lie from zidoo...hifi streamer pffff..

zidoo made now only streamer hardware not a real streamer (software+hardware)...shame

6. DELUCAS

as said most who purchase this if for playback of stored media for High end Quality of Movies / Sound
    and most use there tv apps for steaming etc .

7. Mike SoXxX

Mike SoXxX New Member

Doesnt matter why purchase somebody zidoo..the manufacturer and merchandises lies in product pages. So we want the features what we paid.

8. DELUCAS

Post your feelings on a new thread !

9. urod

urod New Member

Please, let us name our Samba shares! Currently it is a random GUID with no way to rename it.

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That was introduced a couple of firmwares ago:

Screenshot_20210315-082524.png

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My conclusion is that there are relative few requests:
    - There is clearly a market for a X20 replacement: 2 HDD bays, 4 GByte RAM and Dual HDMI output. USB3c again would be nice too.
    Using the UHD3000 motherboard with a slightly modified X20 chassis plus PSU that should be easy enough to do. Obviously the fan should be moved to center bottom as with UHD3000.
    - For FW it is above all getting the box bug free for Video playback (many requests) and improve Music Player (a lot less requests but essential for selling HiFi models).
    When the last is achieved that HiFi Neo X model with the big front display cam finally hit the market too.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  12. Thanos

Thanos Member

Yes, some of the items in the product info are just marketing to varnish the customer.
    If I didn't know ZIDOO, I would say that it's just another uncertified Chinese box with Android.Phone OS from Aliexpess can only play DV.
    Among other things, it is very difficult to recognize the 2015 and 2020 models. Yesterday I accidentally released HDMI with the Z9S and I did not know that it is not a Z9X because I did not see the difference.

On the other hand, I no longer have an audio set, so I can't judge audiophiles, and not all things are visual, for example, you can see a lot of work done in the updates.
    Users who have a video project or 3D TV are also satisfied with ZIDOO. In my opinion, ZIDOO competes well here.
    Model 1000PRO and above are already at a professional level.

I bought the Z9X because it was possible to use Netflix and it was written in the product description that it allows "streaming in ultra quality", unfortunately a week after buying Netflix it stopped working.
    And I don't think it's a problem with SoC. When I used DUNE 4 K II (without Dolby / VS) everything worked perfectly, Android TV + Linux + Netflix UHD - HDR - 5.1.
    If ZIDOO were better optimized, he was a very good media player.

Sometimes it seems to me that a box of KHADAS VIM3 (ARM - supp :HDR10, HDR10+, HLG and PRIME HDR) with CoreElec for $ 90 is much more reliable than today's TV boxes for $ 300 and more :p
    It is very difficult to meet someone from ZIDOO here, only volunteers and fans users do everything here. Some users do a lot of work and have helped me a lot in the last few years (NiceMonkey, etc.).
    For me Official site ZIDOO = McBluma :D

Jesus sorry, I write outside the topic of the post .. sorry

1) 3 levels of LCD backlight instead of two. Shine either too much or a little.
    2) INFO (labels or text only) about the resolution, chroma, Hz and AUDIO on the TV when you press and hold the "INFO" button on the remote control.
    3) Because a lot of people don't have a 3D TV if they put all the 3D functions into one item in the quick menu (in video player).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  13. Kurt

Kurt Member

1. black screen screen saver that also works when you pause playback
    2. more configurations in HT4... more or custom views or layouts, more jump/skip options, maybe make it skin compatible with kodi?
    3. be able to create playlists

14. urod

urod New Member

It is to rename Samba server name. I'm talking about Samba shares

upload_2021-3-15_7-42-59.png

15. DELUCAS

@Thanos i like that idea

1) 3 levels of LCD backlight instead of two. Shine either too much or a little.

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Gotcha