Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What I said was I can show you exactly the same thing with the Zidoo by employing VS10 - it all depends on how the Dolby Signal is derived.

As far as Profile 7 is concerned, the Zidoo can currently employ the Dolby RPU (the "metadata") with MEL content encoded in an MKV container.

Hopefully this will change soon so that the RPU can be utilised for FEL content but we are all waiting for word from Zidoo on that.

Do me a favour though - please stop posting firmware changelogs from other media players as that confuses everybody.

And there's no need to shout!

Teddyboy, Zigourney, McBluna and 3 others like this.
  2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Does stuff just get lost in translation or culture or are there some retards with Home Cinema fetishes?

3. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

So I’ve had some time to play with the Auto setting and it does in fact work as it should, and all formats including DV play in the original intended hdr format so at least I know the auto setting is a good starting point for me before I now proceed to have explore the VS10 setting to output HDR10 and SDR.

One small bug/glitch I did notice and would like to know if others have too:

When playing a DV movie, if I fast forward and hit play, there is a split second where the screen is filled with a green screen in the transition between it switching from forwarding to resuming playback. It occurs really fast like a single frame of green screen, and this only happens on DV files, not on hdr10 and sdr files.

It’s mostly apparent say if you have your up/down buttons on your remote mapped to a shortcut for fast ffwd/rewind such as by 15seconds and when you press the up button a couple of times in quick successions you can see a frame of green screen from it going forwarding to play.

Hope this makes sense? Can this be looked into by the software team?

4. Dimasi

Dimasi New Member

With these proposals and with my Sony Oled A8H which has DV I choose option 3 but am I right ?

5. VANLUC

VANLUC New Member

At the start, I showed you that the "Dune" played an ISO 4K Dolby vision (2 streams), exactly like the Oppo clone (Chinoppo 9XXX) does, unlike "Zidoo" which gives "pseudo Dolby vision" with "VS10 engine". And you answered me that you could show me the same thing with "Zidoo". From the beginning you have said that the "realtek 1619" chip is not capable of delivering "real" Dolby Vision (P7 Mel and Fel). So why and how "Dune" can do it (New feature: Dolby Vision decoding and output is now supported also when playing separate M2TS P7 (MEL and FEL) files) and not Zidoo .... Why with "Zidoo", we have to make hyper complicated "MP4 files" while losing HD sound, to have "almost true" "Dolby Vision ??? Whereas with the "Dune", it is enough simply to create an ISO with "TsMuxer" by simply using the 2 original streams of the Bluray 4K ???

6. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

How do you know that it is actually doing what it claimed to do? Can you provide a more convincing data? Because anyone can say anything.

I remember seeing a screenshot somewhere showing it’s a conversion by the VS10 engine.

7. DaMacFunkin

Hi, is the Dune playing FEL like the Oppo or is it just using just the RPU from the second stream?
    Theoretically these chipsets can’t decode two video streams at the same time which is required for Full Enhancement Layer.
    The Zidoo is capable of playing RPU from the second layer and we fully expect that to be implemented for FEL mp4 and mkv files in an upcoming firmware release, it is entirely possible they may extend that feature to m2ts as well.
    As the previous poster asked, where is the proof they are processing both video streams?

8. Markswift2003

I finally succumbed and bought one out of curiosity. I've made a load of test files that empirically show RPU processing and FEL processing (far better than a transient bit of noise on a kitchen cupboard!!).

No the Dune is not processing the FEL and the implementation of the RPU in M2TS is flawed. Keep an eye on AVS over the next few days...

vddan, Zigourney, xskip and 3 others like this.
  9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Above and beyond I'd say - thank you Mark

10. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

when I first saw his claims I almost had buyers remorse as I just bought a z1000 pro, for a split second I thought maybe I should have gone Dune this time around for Dolby Vision....but then I just saw your post and sat back down. I don’t have any particular allegiance with any brand so will be keen to read up on your findings.

rozel likes this.
  11. DaMacFunkin

Dont say that Mark, give us an heads up, I’ve got money for a Ugoos burning a hole in my pocket lol.
    Don’t know whether to stick or burst, do tell...

12. Markswift2003

Hmm - I bought one of those about 2 weeks ago to try as well.

I raised the return through Amazon the very same day.

xskip likes this.
  13. VANLUC

VANLUC New Member

Thank you Mark for these explanations. It is true that I do not understand anything with these stories of flows .... But in conclusion, Dune practices false advertising and makes believe that the Dune works like the Chinoppo ... And you have to shout it loud and clear everywhere so that buyers are warned !!! So I keep my Zidoo and forget this story of "real" Dolby Vision impossible .........

14. Superdog

Superdog Member

My Sound HT-X8500 sound bar get no sound when playing DTS 5.1 videos if I set HDMI audio to RAW. But Sony said it can support all Dolby DTS decode and TrueHD can use RAW setting. Only DTS 5.1 needs auto.

My Z9X is directly connected to Samsung QLED smart TV 2020.

15. Markswift2003

So it works if you set HDMI Audio to "Auto"?

16. Superdog

Superdog Member

Yes.

17. Markswift2003

Leave it on "Auto" then ;)

Superdog likes this.
  18. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

The symptoms seem like the soundbar doesn't support dts, setting to Raw will bitstream everything for an external processor to decode. Setting to Auto will have Zidoo decode the dts track and sends PCM to the soundbar that is why you can hear it.

19. Superdog

Superdog Member

Yes but HT-X8500 does support DTS

Audio Formats
    HDMI INPUT
    Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital plus, Dolby True HD, Dolby Dual mono, DTS, DTS HD High Resolution Audio, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS ES, DTS 96 / 24, DTS: X, MPEG2-AAC
    HDMI EARC
    Dolby Digital,Dolby Digital plus,Dolby TrueHD,Dolby Atmos,Dolby Dual mono,DTS,DTS HD High Resolution Audio,DTS HD Master Audio,DTS ES,DTS 96 / 24,DTS: X,MPEG2-AAC

20. Markswift2003

Just to confirm - does "Auto" provide all formats correctly? i.e is DTS 5.1 in DTS 5.1?

What should happen is the Zidoo reads the soundbar EDID but since I presume you are connecting by ARC or EARC (since you said the Zidoo is connected to the TV) the Zidoo reads the TV EDID which may not support DTS over ARC (believe it or not that happens!) or the EDID handling of the soundbar by the TV is getting confused.