Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There are numerous places where it is described how to downgrade using the emergency flash procedure using the factory ROM image.
    For me it does not help as the UHD3000 emergency ROM has the same FW release. For other models it sure works.

2. Beaujolais

Beaujolais New Member

Hi,

It's a shame the smb stuttering issue has not been resovled yet !! It' s a long time this bug has been reported, and they don't do nothing because they can't reproduce it ....
    Easy, you buy a Qnap or Synology Nas, and you test .... and don't tell customer it's coming from their network or to "reboot their nas" (what a high level of support !) cause it was working good before.

Each firmware introduces many more bugs : Zidoo team you don't do testing before releasing a firmware ?

And like Gatecrasher said before : Fix the basic before to do DV useless thing.

First and last time with Zidoo

Ciao

3. zwierzak

zwierzak New Member

thread started jan 1, 2021. when new FW ?
    SOME ZIDOO OWNERS ARE DISSEMATED

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I know it's been a while, but it's not been that long :)

This thread didn't start as 6.1.05 - that was released in February just before the Chinese New Year holiday.

5. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

The new nice Infoscreen with the fanart and the plot, which is displayed at the current Home Theater is also displayed under ZDMC after scanning the same sources. This pleases me in principle very well, but under ZDMC the Infoscreen reappears by magic after closing over a renewed pressing of the info button or alternatively over the Back button after a few seconds or also sometimes several minutes after closing on the screen!
    Under HT 4.x this error doesn't occur, but only in the ZDMC or Kodi, which is preferred by me. Possibly this is only a bug in ZDMC or maybe in the system internal player...?
    Maybe someone can try to recreate and confirm this problem...?

6. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I'm using ZDMC too, but since v6.1.05 it only happened once for me. So I thought they did something about that, although not 100% fixed it seems. I never used HT4.

7. Nice Monkey

No error when trying to play MCH only DSF/DFF/ISO track/album.
    It is just ignored and no action taken which is extremely confusing as it is impossible to see if it is 2CH or MCH. It should say "Unsupported format" or something similar.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  8. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

How can I disable it?

Meanwhile, I have checked and swapped cables even bought two new ones. The problem doesn't;t lie in the cables.

While watching Netflix straight from the app on my TV, then it also doesn't;t happen.
    Not while the sound output is only TV and neither when sound is output to Yamaha receiver.

9. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

I did all. Problem persists.

10. Nice Monkey

There are no FW updates for that TV. You reported the problem to the manufacturer?

11. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

not yet. I’ll do.
    I forgot to add: I don’t have this problem while watching tv through my ziggo settopbox
    The hdmi3 is the same because that cable is the one connected to my yamaha.

ziggo box out, receiver in, from receiver ARC hdmi to Sony tv.
    No difference wether yamaha is switched on or off. I don’t have this info bar.

The only time the info bar shows is when I use the zidoo.

I swapped the cables, which are all high quality. No differerence.

don’t know which setting to change on my Sony tv.

12. Nice Monkey

My educated guess is that an EDID exchange triggers a pop-up each time on your TV which as a principle is understandable.
    Zidoo over time implemented forced EDID exchanges on multiple places to deal with AUTO for Video And Audio dynamics.

It is the combination that makes it behave as it does. I would aks the TV manufacturer to make that specific pop-up configurable.
    People here love pop-ups to be sure they are getting DV and HD10+ for instance. Personally I prefer a good working "Info" button giving deep details about Video and Audio formats instead.

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly but either will do for me

Gábor Tehenes likes this.
  14. Gábor Tehenes

Gábor Tehenes New Member

I have a 3000 zidoo.
    My problems with it:
    - every fourth, fifth turn on, the player makes a roaring, hissing sound. Only restarting will solve the problem. This issue has only occurred since the 6.1.05 update.
    - When switched on with an XLR connection, the switches (relays) cause a bouncing sound in the speakers. There are even more problems unfortunately, but I’ve read that they exist in others, so I won’t mention them here. Maybe others have this problem too? Thanks.

15. Thanos

Thanos Member

I would also like to mention the problem with Bluetooth.
    With the Z9S model, it was practically impossible to use headphones via BT.

On the Z9X, the headphones connect and work, but the sound is shifted, as far as I found, the BT driver has not been updated or enhanced in any way.
    I tried to shift the sound, but the problem is that for each movie or series, the sound is shifted a little differently, so when I start anything, I have to constantly adjust the sound.

So if I could fix the Bluetooth driver, I would be very grateful (as in many cases, I have to watch TV via Nvidia Shield).
    I tried 3 headphones and the same problem.

16. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

have you got the rear Antennas upright ?

17. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

When playing a DV file, if I fast forward and hit play, there is a split second where I get a green screen in the transition between forwarding to playback. It occurs really fast like a single frame of green screen, and this only happens on DV files, not on hdr10 and sdr files.

It’s mostly apparent say if you have your up/down buttons on your remote mapped to a shortcut for fast ffwd/rewind by 15seconds and when you press the up button a couple of times in quick successions you can see a frame of green screen from it going from forwarding to play.

18. Thanos

Thanos Member

Thank you for answer.

Yes, the antennas are vertical/normal, but the shifted sound is even though I'm 30Cm from the player.
    Can you confirm that Bluetooth works for you without any problems and without delay?
    I tried several headphones (JBl, Philips, SONY), all of them have a shifted sound and a different one for each movie.

How I wrote it, if the sound was shifted the same way,it wouldn't be so bad, but for each file the sound is shifted differently, you can imagine when watching a series and you have to adjust the sound every 20 minutes, that it's uncomfortable and spoils the benefit of watching.

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Do not use Headphones
    But Bluetooth Remote always and at times it looses synching etc
    But i often reboot / unplug from the mains often to re set the box .
    It just helps

must admit wish the Z10 Pro used Bluetooth 5.0 prot
    Not 4.2

But were on Bluetooth v 5.1 now

20. Thanos

Thanos Member

I also noticed this because I bought a BT remote control and it also accidentally disconnects (the original ZIDOO remote control with backlight is too big for me and it consumes too much battery)
    Thank you anyway "DELUCAS".

DELUCAS likes this.