HDR10+

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Oct 21, 2020.

1. turbomaxBG

turbomaxBG New Member

mijacmad likes this.
  2. turbomaxBG

turbomaxBG New Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  3. turbomaxBG

turbomaxBG New Member

4. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Yep I sent to him last week, haven't heard anything yet after he said he'd take a look.

5. turbomaxBG

turbomaxBG New Member

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry mate - I thought I'd replied to the PM but just checked and I didn't!

So the EDID is pretty much the same as my Samsung LED - the HDR10+ block is completely correct and there's nothing in it that could confuse the Zidoo.

7. Markswift2003

You can PM if you like, but I'm positive now that this isn't an EDID issue.

8. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

What do you think that could be causing the issue then? It can't obviously be the TV as using the same hdmi port/cable, two other hdr10+ capable devices transmit the format faultless, end to end. Only ever experiencing this issue with the Zidoo.

9. Markswift2003

I'm afraid I'm at a loss on this one - I know the Zidoo outputs HDR10+ fine (the Vertex confirms that) so it's got to be some crazy compatibility thing - it's mad that it seems to only be Samsung that is affected.

10. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Especially so as HDR10+ is a primarily supported by Samsung, but like I say other devices are end to end issue free for HDR10+ and only the Z9X with issues, so maybe you could make some suggestions to whoever is relevant?

11. Markswift2003

I absolutely will.

It would be useful if anybody with a Samsung TV reading this and having issues with HDR10+ would post their model number here.

Equally, it would be handy if anyone with a Samsung TV but doesn't have issues with HDR10+ do the same.

12. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

I think the issue is occurring more or less with the 2020 Qled models

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm not having issues. My set is a Samsung QE75Q950RBTXXU - UK 2019 model.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

have you tried different HDMI ports on the samsung tv?
    incase its something specific to that one hdmi port

15. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Yep, all options given consideration. Others with 2020 Qleds with same issue so it's not specific to my units inputs otherwise the other HDR10+ capable devices would not of worked either, yet they produced end to end HDR10+ issue free. It's the Z9X 100% that has compatibility issues with 2020 Samsung Qled's.

16. Superdog

Superdog Member

For Samsung Smart TV, information will only show HDR10 event you are playing HDR10+. The only visual difference is I got much more brighter in highlights regions and more shadow details.

17. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Yep, but PQ is 100x better from the same hdr10+ file using plex on an amazon fire cube, which reports hdr10+ to the tv also.

18. Superdog

Superdog Member

I saw same issues on Samsung forum even many of users not using Zidoo. I think it's Samsung issues but don't expect they will fix it. Just like audio pass through issues they ignored all feedback for years.

19. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

But my Samsung performs great with hdr10+ source from anything other than zidoo.

20. Anıl

Anıl New Member

Hi, can u send me this sample for hdr10 plus?

Thank u