Question about V8 remote

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Hey, I would like to know if the v8 remote is any quicker then the default z9x remote. I find the z9x remote extremely slow. I press a button and it registers almost a full 2 sec after. Sometimes I have to press the button multiple times for it to work. Also is the v8 remote built better? Thanks in advance!

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Did you try the mobile app? Is there any difference regarding the response time?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Can't confirm this. Looks like a polluted image to me. I suggest to do a factory reset.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I agree - that's not normal - a remote squirts out an IR signal - it's probably the box processing that's slow but that certainly isn't normal behaviour - mine's immediate.

(after checking the batteries of course!)

5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

Same for me, I've been using it for more than two years and never had this problem except when the batteries are very low, I had the experience not long ago.

6. Nicholas Hewitt

It's been like this since I received the box 1.5 weeks ago. So it's brand new. The batteries are fresh. I forgot to mention that I have my laptop in between me and the tv, so not sure if that's creating interference or not. I have a Bluetooth remote and it works properly, but I like to have all the buttons on the v8. Not sure if there is anything else I can do about the remote lag. the lag is noticeable compared to the Bluetooth remote I use. Maybe you guys just don't notice the lag. It might not be a 2-sec delay but it's noticeable compared to the Bluetooth, and even the rf remote I tried is faster, I also have a big living room, so I'm like 15 feet from my tv at least.

7. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

No lag on mine, it's instantaneous. As many has said the remote just sends IR signal, there's nothing complex that could've caused slow response unless the IR is not being captured by the device.

8. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Have you tried with settings in 60hz or 24hz? Because in 24hz it's a bit slow fom me but nothing dramatic

9. Nicholas Hewitt

I have everything set to 60hz. I ended up ordering the V9 remote, and like it a lot. It has better range and is a lot quicker than the stock one. Plus having a keyboard on the other side is a lifesaver. Guess the remote that came with my box was a dud! That or my couch is too far from the tv for that remote.

10. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

I have the V8 remote with the Z1000 pro and I have to say it is a god send over the IR remotes that came with all the previous zidoo players (x9s, z9s, z10). My player lives inside a tv cabinet with IR friendly glass. I used to have to point the IR remotes from all of the previous players directly at the box inside the cabinet, some times it wouldn't respond and needed multiple presses. This was a major annoyance for me especially when you've got your feet up and are trying to enjoy a movie under a blanket on the sofa! The V8 remote obviously solves this, I can just press the buttons whilst still under a blanket and it just works (obviously)! I know, I know, I'm a lazy git once I get comfortable!

The V8 remote is pretty much the same as the IR remote, just a touch taller in terms of size, and layout is pretty much the same. The buttons are a touch bigger, it is backlit like the IR remote, and it responds to commands instantly. I love it!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

So get yourself a Harmony Elite Hub/Remote, you won't regret it once set up. All my devices are inside a closed cabinet but 2 small and neat mini-blasters from the enclosed hub can be placed outside which inturn communicate from the remote, tablet or smart phone to all your devices inside. Set up Activities such as "Watch Zidoo Films". One button press will switch on your receiver, select the appropriate settings, switch on the TV and select the input needed and switch on the Zidoo - perfect for lazy so and so's like me - but important for the wife who doesn't want the fuss of setting individual components. Ok so after you've watched your film etc., the wife presses "Watch Sky TV" and this switches off those devices not needed and turns on those that do - again one press.

A magic piece of kit! Turn off CEC (this is the work of the devil) on all devices, as far as you can - and you're good to go.

12. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Yes I did look at the harmony remote in the past, it comes on sale on Amazon quite a lot, but didnt buy one as I thought it would be hard work to set up.... I dont subscribe to tv packages so dont have Sky or anything like that. I only have an APTV4K, ps5 and zidoo connected to my avr, thats it, so I don't think I need to invest in the harmony now that I have the V8. My TV remote is already awesome the LG magic remote with the pointer, I dont think I want to replace that, and that works perfectly under a blanket too!

13. Nicholas Hewitt

I was looking at the Harmony Elite Controller myself, but couldn't find one anywhere. I live in Canada, and getting it off eBay would cost $500. Not really worth it considering the Retail price is under $300.

14. Nicholas Hewitt

Is the V8 Remote heavier than the original remote that came with the Z9X? Cause the one that came with it felt really cheap and really light. The V9 has an excellent build quality!

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

What version remote is bundled with the Z1000 Pro?

16. cappy1

cappy1 Member

V8

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Right - thanks

18. Nicholas Hewitt

soooo is the v8 remote build quality the same as the one that comes with the Z9X? Cause that remote feels like a cheap toy. I like the V9 build quality, but I miss all the buttons.

19. Nicholas Hewitt

How's the build quality? The same or better?

20. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

I have no complaints about the build quality, it’s got a nice weighty feel to it in the hand, no creaks, well made, nothing to complain about. I would say the build quality is a better but it’s not day and night difference. The Bluetooth functionality is what does it for me and the slighter larger buttons oh and the backlight is much brighter which is a plus too. I’ve no experience with the V9, I don’t think I would use the qwerty keys on that and it’s missing all the key buttons, no reason to buy the v9 for a movie box unless you load apps on to your box which I don’t, mine is vanilla, don’t like bloatware, only use it for movies.