Zidoo Z1000 Pro remote control

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Sharpik, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Sharpik

Sharpik New Member

Batteries in my remote last up to 2-3 weeks at the most!
    Button lighting no longer works, IR control still works.
    Battery voltage remains at approx 0.9V-1.2V

This does not look natural to me...

Remote control has already been exchanged once by the seller.
    Problem remains the same.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Wow! I have been tearing my hair out over this, wondering if the batteries I changed were full ones or partly used etc etc. Exactly the same issue. I was about to post too about this.

I use my Harmony Elite Remote so all isn't lost, but that isn't the point is it? Batteries ought to last much much longer. There's an issue here - maybe Zidoo can explain please?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I turn the light off on mine and the batteries seem to last as long as any other remote...

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes but they go off automatically don't they? How do you switch off exactly?

5. Sharpik

Sharpik New Member

After the remote control was changed, I only connected it to the player and the remote control was on the table for 3 weeks, (I continued to use Logitech Harmony) then the key lighting no longer worked and the battery level was around 1.0V

I did use it 3 times, but very briefly

6. Markswift2003

Press and hold the light button to turn off permanently.

xskip likes this.
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ahh - never noticed that button before :eek: Still that procedure should NOT be necessary - the lights should go off automatically (and they do) but then cease to draw any battery power. This is a definate fault - maybe it should be added to the list of issues to be fixed?

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I do the same. Yes this is well known. These leds seem to eat a lot of energy even for the short periods they are on.

9. Thanos

Thanos Member

I also don't like V8. Too big, clumsy and the buttons are like rubber bears Haribo.
    I didn't like this remote control with the Z9S series anymore, unfortunately ZIDOO also give it for new models of the player.
    Basically, except for the new CPU, I don't see any change in recent years. Same graphical interface, same box as X9S (2015), same remote control.
    (Then everyone has their preferences, for some the IR remote control from 2015 probably suits).

I exchanged the original remote-controlled "brick" for a small BT "G10B DX-G10B":
    (Zidoo still doesn't know anything but to play dematerialized movies, so the "menu", "stop" and "play" buttons, FR subtitle download will never work, so give me 3 buttons on what worksis enough).
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08TCBR1RJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[​IMG]

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

OK a question please......................

I am shortly going to flash my Z1000 Pro firmware from 6.1.05 non "G" to with "G" - I'm assuming I just flash over the non "G" firmware.

The reason for this is because I want to install a few programs. I have the procedure for setting up Google Play but assume I'll need to use the bluetooth remote to carry it all out, install the programs and possibly to use them? Is that all I need? I'll get some new batteries if I need to.

Thanks

11. Thanos

Thanos Member

You can install the app directly with the APK and you don't have to spend half a day trying to run google play for mobile apps

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I do not understand - what APK and where do I find it/them. I'd sooner go through Google Play

Mabon likes this.
  13. Thanos

Thanos Member

.apk = Android application package.

just copy the link from google play and download it.

https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

With the "G" version, I had problems with both activation and disk space. So I chose the NO-G version and I install the applications manually.
    I don't know how the Z1000 is, but the Z9X returns me the error that it is not certified.
    (I prefer applications for Android TV, which are optimized for remote control, Goole Play ZIDOO installs applications for phone = touch screen or desktop mouse)

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I was asking if I can just flash over the non-G firmware and if the Bluetooth mouse with the Z1000 Pro will work with what I need to do to install Google Play.

Anyone please?

15. Thanos

Thanos Member

Bluetooth has nothing to do with GooglePlay, it will work for you with and without the G version.

16. Markswift2003

Yes you can but I think it has to be an update - ie flashing v6.0.15G over v6.1.05 won't work. Bluetooth is not affected.

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I think you mean v6.1.05G over v6.1.0.5 won't work and what I was asking (in my own way lol) is, will I be able to use the remote to install Google Play or will I need a keyboard and/or mouse?

18. Markswift2003

That's exactly what I said - "flashing v6.0.15G over v6.1.05 won't work"

You don't install Google Play - the whole point of the G version is that Google Play is included, it just needs registering:

To Register Google Play Store
    =============================

1. Open Google Play Store app then Exit.
    2. Goto Quick Setting>Other>About>GSF ID, Make a note of the GSF ID.
    3. Goto https://www.google.com/android/uncertified log in and enter the GSF ID in the box provided
    4. Click Google Play Store APP, if it is still not activated, then restart Z9X and check again.

But as has been said earlier, it's easy just to download the apks you want and install them.

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Not for licensed/paid APP's. ;)

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes but I don't want to install/flash v6.0.15G over v6.1.05 - are you saying there isn't a v6.1.05G firmware? If however there is, I'll ask again: will it flash over v6.1.05 ???? And I agree with @Nice Monkey (he knows what I'm wanting to do lol) - I would like the flexibility of having GooglePlay - I thought that was the whole point of having a G-version firmware!