How to install ZIUI_Cancer on a Z9X [resolved]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Thanos, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Thanos

Thanos Member

Greetings to all !

Does anyone (McBluma for example ? :p) know how to install ZIUI_CANCER on the Z9X model?
    I have already bought 4 devices, and they all have the same screen without any change for over 5 years.

At S9X; Z9S, Z10 and now Z9X have the same introductory screen. After 5 years, it starts to get a little boring to still watch the same screen :)

Can anyone advise how to install ZIUI_Cancer on Z9X model?

Thank you very much, guys.

xskip likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Good idea. I would like to do the reverse and get the standard GUI/Launcher on my UHD3000. :)
    Reason a lot more functional. Agree less fancy.;)

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

it would be necessary to see with Mc Bluna if he can extract the apk from the FW.

I had the apk ZIU Cancer of the previous generation and a member of homecinema-fr to use it without problem on its Z9S it seems to me.

For Zidoo, the Cancer version is reserved for the PRO version, it is necessary to differentiate between them :)

4. Lony

Lony Active Member

Simply open the full image of the X20, X20Pro or Z1000 models and extract the Zidoo_ui.apk.
    Then install the APK. Runs on Z9s and X9s.

Thanos likes this.
  5. Thanos

Thanos Member

Hi.

I tried that. I extracted "Zidoo_ui_2.2.5" but when trying to install I get the error "App not installed"
    But thanks for the tip :)

Update : 19/02/18:25

Resolved
    I used an APK from the Z1000 (Zidoo_ui_1.0.9.apk) model and it works !!
    Thanks thanks a lot ! ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Great,

I thought the old version of Cancer wouldn't work with the new Gen. running android 9.

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Does it loose the so called Defrag / clean up function ?

8. Thanos

Thanos Member

The cleaner is still present, but in applications, it is not on the home screen.
    The maximum version that works for me is "Zidoo Ui_1.1.2.apk"

I only use Z9X as a player, some applications like EMBY crash, so I don't need links to applications, and I like the black theme (it's a change).

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Great
    Easily reversed back to original one ?

10. Thanos

Thanos Member

Yes.
    If the theme is not fixed, you can always choose between ZIUI_CANCER and ZIUI_COOL :) (when you press the "HOME" button)

11. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Can anyone share the latest apk for this? I am using the Z9X.

12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

What is this ZIUI_CANCER? Can anyone share some screenshots?

13. Thanos

Thanos Member

GUI from premium model :
    [​IMG]

ammar11 likes this.
  14. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

15. Thanos

Thanos Member

Just install ZIUI_COOL
    I don't know if "Wather" works (I think so), I can't try, I don't have a premium device like yours.
    # there is no reason why the weather would not work, it is just a piece of software independent of the HW background ..

16. HomeTheaterMax

HomeTheaterMax New Member

What tool did you use to extract the Zidoo_ui_1.0.9.apk and what release of Z1000 did you use? Any links or specifics for a newbie at this?

17. Thanos

Thanos Member

I just downloaded the APK without the whole firmware:
    : https://www.mcbluna.net/wp?goto=Ii0...UhlXAZjSAFIVU4ROy4RHyIyWyh0DjQPNhgqBA14flIafA

Otherwise hats off McBluma.
    McBlum's website is more updated than ZIDOO in 5 years. In fact, only 4 pictures have changed on the ZIDOO WEB page in 5 years.
    It seems to me that only 5 people work at ZIDOO. One developer student and 4 marketers :)

PS: I would like to thank the "pcristi" user who helped me install version 2.3.2

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    McBluna likes this.
  18. HomeTheaterMax

Thanks a lot!
    I will try it tonight. It would be nice to allow customization via themes etc. I still have an old Med8er box that allowed pretty cool UI customization.

19. HomeTheaterMax

How did you make version 2.3.2 work? I only see the Zidoo_ui_1.1.2.apk in Z1000.

20. Thanos

Thanos Member