ZIDOO UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

Yes, I have X20 Pro 1296DD plays UHD films so dark :( , now with UHD 3000 1619DR LLDV enable all the 4K films now bright, more color very enjoyable. Hifi audio also better.

gymnos and Anthemman like this.
  2. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

Another issue discovered. When using USB Output, the output is always 192Khz no matter what the source is.

gymnos likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Confirmed for some formats like standard FLAC but not all.

4. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

I have tried DSD64, WAV 44.1, 48, 96 and of course 192 plays in 192. FLAC 44.1 and DTS 48 and 96 is also output as PCM 192.
    So, seems like everything is output as PCM 192.

5. Nice Monkey

Would have to check but MP3 and 24-bit 88,2 comes out native I think ?
    Anyway still work to be done. Not only on this.

6. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

FLAC 24 bit 88.2 comes out as 192 for me.

Using coax or optical outputs 88.2.

information in Zidoo Audio Player says that it outputs 88.2, but both my DAC are saying it's 192 with USB.

7. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Im new to this, does UHD3000 have hdr tone mapping?

8. Nomad

Nomad New Member

I'm thinking of buying the UHD 3000 when it comes back into stock, but need advice of formatting the HDD's for the unit. If I purchase this unit I'm planning on putting two WD Red Plus 8tb in. I take it for formatting to work with Andriod it would be GPT - NTFS and DEFAULT SECTOR SIZE or should sector be 512 or something else?
    Also is there a limit to how many films can be loaded up for poster wall etc to work correctly? And on the music file front is there a limit to how many FLAC albums can be loaded?

9. Nice Monkey

GPT+NTFS with defaults will do. No file number limits as long as you use folders (not all in the root).

10. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

I take it Roon has to be Roon certified to work on the UHD3000 ?

11. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

Have both Zidoo UHD3000 and Dune HD Max Vision, I'm not a review expert, I can only tell some of my opinions about them.
    HiFi audio Zidoo UHD3000 beats Dune HD Max Vision, all connection using hi-end XLR identical length. Play the same song, volume at maximum. Do a Balance 1, Balance 2 switching from a Preamp back and forth, Zidoo sounds more powerful, clean treble and deep bass compare to Dune kinds of weaker (I rated Zidoo 10 to Dune 7)
    4K video Dune Max Vision has more setting option for Dolby Vision, LLDV. Dune HD firmware technics more advanced than Zidoo UHD3000.
    So if you are in HiFi audio part can't go wrong with Zidoo. But for video quality images of DV, LLDV and HLG Dune is the better choice. IMG_2264.png

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    gymnos and Dawciowski like this.
  12. Nice Monkey

The difference in Sound Quality is exactly what I expected and is by HW DAC/PSU design. The Dune is to be compared with a X20 Pro here having a comparable DAC design with that model (without using XMOS internal USB). The linear PSU is close to the one used by UHD2000. That can't be changed/improved with FW updates.

The difference for DV VS10 is by FW and applies to those with a LLDV capable TV. Got the rumor that Zidoo will expand the number of VS10 options too. It makes these players more flexible for different TV/Projector setups but also more complex to configure. Still running with HDR in Auto mode myself.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    xskip likes this.
  13. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Think soon you may need a Degree in science to properly set up the DV VS10 side of things
    Maybe someone comes up with a simple flow chart to help out .

14. Nice Monkey

Frankly I hope for a very smart Auto mode on VS10 which finds out the capabilities and matches using LLDV.

xskip and MsieurSeb like this.
  15. Fapaci

Fapaci New Member

No, it is a lying from Zidoo. These players do not have Roon certification and do not work in Roon network as endpoint.

16. Anthemman

Anthemman New Member

That's false advertising! Roon was one of the main reasons I bought this player.

17. Nice Monkey

Agree it must be fixed. Added it to my list.

Anthemman and ThomasN like this.
  18. Anthemman

Anthemman New Member

Is it possible to make your own categories in the poster wall library ie: war movies / westerns etc?

19. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

For those who are interested in a UHD3000, know that the company Authentic Cinema has tweaked the UHD3000, it's already an excellent multimedia box but with their modification ...

Source :
    https://www.authentic-cinema.de/.../4k.../zidoo-uhd-3000/

Modification description:
    Extensive revision of the linear power supply ( buffering, rectification).
    Filtering of linear power supply
    Exchange of the buffering on the mainboard
    Filtering mainboard
    Shielding measures on the mainboard
    Extensive revision of the DAC board
    Replacement of the buffering with Nichicon LKG Gold Tune Audio capacitors
    Replacement of the buffering and coupling capacitors in the area of the operational amplifiers
    exchange of the operational amplifiers
    various interference suppression measures
    exchange of the device feet against aluminum device feet

[​IMG]

See you

gymnos likes this.
  20. Nice Monkey

They may send me one for evaluation and I will see if it works out.
    I feel the changes are very expensive and value for money?
    I actually expect the S/N ratio to be improved significantly with it but the overall sound quality experience?

Big pictures of the PSU changes: Haha that is the Switched Mode Power Supply just used to power the HDD's with! Only the linear transformer is on that board too.
    The Linear PSU sections are all to be found on the Audio Panel.

Using ES9026PRO which is very OK to use a PRO chip but then ES9038PRO please and is it still 100% compatible? That chip is not fully functionally compatible with ES9068 including MQA and has a different set of digital filters.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    gymnos likes this.