LG “simplink” is not working with zidoo

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by SandorM, Feb 10, 2021.

1. SandorM

SandorM New Member

Maybe you know the simplink is a kind of remote controller function via HDMI-CEC.

Home, info, power functions are working but ‘menu’ is not. So it is actually not a cable or a CEC handshake issue as it is selective.

Do you have any info about it?

Z10Pro with latest firmware (tested with 6.0.9 and 6.1.05)

More about simplink:
    SIMPLINK is a function that allows you to use the TV remote control to control the basic functions of connected HDMI devices. For example, with the LG TV remote control you can control a connected Blu-Ray player: play, pause, fast reverse, etc. Simplink uses the HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) standard, with which the device to be controlled must be compatible. In this case, you can use the device even if of a different manufacturer. The HDMI cable must also be of the HDMI-CEC type. Verification in the specifications.

Attached Files:

2. SandorM

SandorM New Member

Am I alone with this issue? :)

3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

A lot of people have CEC turned off or filtered on the Zidoo, particularly if they have a D&M receiver as it doesn’t play nice.
    Personally I don’t use simp link with any of my devices except for powering on the receiver when the TV switches on.

4. SandorM

SandorM New Member

I have Onkyo Dolby Atmos receiver with C9 and connected my Zidoo Z10Pro directly to the TV as DoVi and DoAtm passthrough is supported with this setup.
    HDMI CEC is working fine.
    I moved my Zidoo to an other place (I put a 10TB HDD into the Zidoo and it is a bit noisy) - that was the reason why I use HDMI CEC.
    By the way I bought an infra repeater just to be sure ... but I really like to control devices with a single remote controller and the LG magic remote is able to do it (except menu key with zidoo)