New firmware v2.1.25 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 5, 2019.

1. deusexe

deusexe Member

Now I am sure that it is ZIDOO's fault. I checked on a completely different home cinema. ONKYO TX-NR646 receiver and LG TV. When connecting zidoo, the same story, CEC does not work. You cannot adjust the volume using the TV remote control and by turning off the TV, the receiver remains on. After unplugging the cable, everything returned to normal. The strangest thing is that it happened suddenly. I used this firmware for a year.

2. Meep

Meep New Member

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the knowkn firmware bug about HDMI not playing LPCM multichannel has been fixed ?
    I am buying an old Denon receiver (AVC-A1SE) which does not have hdmi and I would like to extract from Zidoo HD formats via HDMI.

Thanks for your replies.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No, multichannel LPCM does not work with Zidoo. Perhaps it is chipset hardware limitation or Zidoo/Realtek never really got into it.

I have similar setup with my old 7.1 Onkyo receiver from DVD days before HDMI was invented. I use HDMI to 7.1 analog audio extractor. It works well with RaspberryPi on my old 3D HD projector (no 4K or HDR). RPi /Kodi has options in audio setup to decode sound to 7.1 LPCM or pass through raw. I have desecrate 7.1 channels from HD-MASTER or Atmos tested using test files from Kodi library. There are no options in Zidoo of decoding compressed audio to multichannel LPCM.

4. Meep

Meep New Member

Thanks for your answer.
    I am thinking about getting a Dune base 3.0 then.
    I have heard Raspberry gets pretty hot.