New firmware v1.0.40 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by HoneCharles, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

i have 2 shields .. and both were on bundle-sale ..
    not a mistake .. :)

but yeah .. x6 was one ..

2. neamielu

neamielu Member

nvidia shield ain't 18 bucks, man.. :D or if you have one for sale at that money lemme kno' ;)

3. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

true .. but ever heard of opportunity-costs? :)
    option 1) wasting my time almost a year in this forum, not enjoying my media and always just flashing and testing the device ..
    or option 2) spend 200 more bucks ..
    -> i think option 1 costs at least 600 bucks
    ... so .. i prefer option 2 :)

4. neamielu

neamielu Member

you are right, @stefan-ott. let me test the 18$ crap which I took for 2nd TV and will see if it's time for a major update. the x6 started to freeze with noisy sound signal in kodi (not doing this in mxplayer with the same local file) and also is running slower, even if I uninstalled almost everything, so I guess soon is going to leave us for the "hunting forever wild land" how winnetou used to say :D
    anyway I should wait to see shield 2 first. if it's amazing, I might go for it, or I could take advantage of some shield 1 stock sales ;)

5. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

neamielu, overtemperature? In the long run can damage the whole device (even throttling should protect processors...)
    stefan-ott, spend those 200 bucks and enjoy a Shield. Is not perfect (even this device has some bad reports), but could satisfy you. "Could" :p

6. neamielu

neamielu Member

@PacoRabanne yes, I guess is the temperature. It gets quite hot, even if I keep it up from base. shall I fix a cooler on it? :D

7. PacoRabanne

I'm lucky, some rubber spacer and never had a overtemperature.
    If your device is no more under guarantee, try to open it and check if more air is enough.
    Else ask to Zidoo if there is a way to cool it more without guarantee loss.

P.S. have you searched if there is any app able to show CPU temperature working on X6 Pro?
    P.P.S. this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yanyan.cputemp seems good, well reported. Not yet tested by me...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  8. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

@PacoRabanne , yes, this is what i am doing.. enjoying it :)
    you can continue wasting your time here, waiting for the x6 to work just sufficiently enough to actually be able to use it at all :) ..
    .. whatever is not perfect with the shield .. it is still 1000x better and way closer to perfect than this x6 .. and not to forget the same applies for the x9s :)

9. nice159

nice159 Active Member

Paco moved to x9s...

10. PacoRabanne

Not completely. Now my X9S, after the update to 1.2.4 FW, has the analog video out no more working, is a recognized bug and I'm waiting for a new release.
    So I still use my orld X6, that for me in this moment is enough.
    And when I'll definitively move to X9S, I'll give my X6 to my brother (less severe then me), so I'll continue to follow this forum (and bother you :p )

11. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

meanwhile with my shield: enjoying like hell .. no waiting .. no annoyance .. just happy :)

12. Goldman

Goldman New Member

Can someone tell me if the Zidoo Power on off widget able to download separately? I have a Zidoo X6 Pro, but my second box nit able to power off by the remote control. So I need to know what happen.

13. tolgaaltug

tolgaaltug New Member

Did you ever tried to use bluetooth mouse to make use to power off button which pointer appears at most bottom?

14. Leoben

Leoben Member

15. nix

nix New Member

There's an issue that the weather plugin seems to be not working in Shanghai China(yeh,I'm Chinese) on X6 Pro,which is normal on my X9S,can you guys fix this problem?
    PS:Sorry for my poor English,can I type in Chinese?

16. moreaki

moreaki New Member

Besides 5GHz band wifi connection not working at all (as complained in other threads already), I can confirm that all the other functionalities I use on the box are working fine with this latest upgrade.

17. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

18. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

oh.. and here the trash zidoo gives me

Dear Stefan,
    As we said before,the product is order one year ago,our warranty is one year.
    Of course if you have any question about the product,we will have life time Technical Support,but it can't return and refund for more than one year.
    You also said in the order,this is not the product problem and it's not broken,it's not meet your standard.
    We suggest you continue use it and if have problems about the product,we will help you.
    Thanks have good day.
    ZIDOO Team

->
    1. the features do not match the specification .. sorry guys.. this has nothing to do with my standards..
    2. where is the next firmware update, that fix essential issues with this box?

nice159 likes this.
  19. 김성룡

김성룡 New Member

hi, can not be firmware 1.040 TrueHD.7.1 atmos playback. It will automatically be played in 5.1 Dolby. It is connected to the Samsung TV the hdmi.

20. Roboc

Roboc New Member

Hi Guys
    I have just upgraded to this version and after reboot my remote wont work? any help please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.