FW 6.1.05 3D problems on Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by jamesw, Feb 6, 2021.

1. jamesw

jamesw New Member

Update on prvious post....

Since updating to 6.1.05, there are major problems with 3D films on Z9X.

3D iso either don't play at all with no sound or picture, even though my Epson TW9200 is switching to 3D, ot they run for just a few seconds into the intro credits then black screen. The only exceptions are Disneys The Night Before Christmas and Wolverine which will run. Hugo runs for 3s, Gatsby runs until the opening sequence changes from B/W to colour, Jurassic World, The Hobbit, Life of Pi, Immortals, The Universe, Prometheus,Dial M for Murder, X-Men: Days of Future Past black screen only with no sound.

3D mkv Jurassic Park runs perfectly.

All these run without a hitch on my Z9S and X9S

Anyone else having the same problem?

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Yes, I can confirm that with latest fw, 3D ISO playback has gone more downhill.
    They still need to fix it.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Kept it on my list. Thanks for reporting.

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I might add that I sometimes doubt whether certain ISO playback issues are related to 3D or to "ISO as-is".
    But definitely, there are 3D ISO issues :p

5. Nice Monkey

Never found a single ISO (not being 3D) that would not play for me.

6. ras96

ras96 New Member

I can confirm. The same problem. Some 3D ISO files play without problems and some only black screen...
    But I have a Z1000pro.

7. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Did you test with 6.1.03 or jump to 05?

Most of my 3d content is in mkv MVC which is working fine. I just tested Abominable iso and it works on 6.1.03.

8. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I'm surprised. You never encountered menu processing issues or that a movie didn't start up when choosing "direct playback"?

9. Nice Monkey

Not that I recall. I have seen some problems when a playback would crash and next starting an ISO would be refused. Rebooting as my action next. These were solved though.
    In 95% of cases play without menu's. Kino Lorber problem being one reason to use the BD menu.
    Menu processing problems are on my list for DVD and BD just take a look #1 and #2.

Just moved to UHD3000 from Z9X and it still looks less stable to me. But not being refusing to start ISO playback.

Use original 1:1 sources almost always.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  10. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Well, being on latest 6.1.0.5, to give an example of a stubborn non-3D full-disc iso: 30th anniversary edition of Close Encounters.
    Playback (with BD menu) results in the menu's featurette video looping constantly, but without the menu itself being presented.
    I keep this short; I don't want to pollute threadstarter's initial issue.

11. ras96

ras96 New Member

I tested on 6.1.05. firmware because I have a Z1000Pro. Yes, you're right Abominable works well, but Alita doesn't work, Avatar doesn't work, Hubble, Jurrasic World, Legends of Flight, Assassins Creed also doesn't work...
    upload_2021-2-6_18-16-44.png

12. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

It's not only about playability in general, but about if the ISOs play correctly. Did you really test 4K ISOs, with the interface for example at 60 Hz, if the playback output switches to 23.x Hz, Sir?

13. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

my ISOs also all work (non 3D)

14. tosh123

tosh123 Member

MKV is working fine, what "hangs" is playing mostly from ISO. I have 2-3 ISO that was played in 3D surprisingly, but the most 3D ISOs are hanging.
    After using as workaround to "makemkv"ing some ISOs i'm using as interim my X9s for playing 3D. Hope, that was fixed soon.

15. tosh123

tosh123 Member

All ISO without 3D, blu-ray and UHD blu-ray are playing fine. The crashing 3D ones don't switch the framrate, but even, if you lock to 1920x23,975 fps 3D was not played mostly. I have found an old "Shrek" 3d ISO, wich was played suprisingly but the most is hanging.

16. anandk

anandk New Member

yes i also have the same issue, was this resolved?

17. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

No.

Blu-ray 3D, or frame rate switch... ISOs are still not working, the Zidoo firmware is still very buggy.

For video playback, you might want to check out the Dune HD Vision 4K.

18. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello j.k,

I'm not sure I understand your message

Nice Monkey recently reported that the 3D BDmenu iso worked, and you say it doesn't?

19. Rhaheim

Rhaheim New Member

The only two movies on my network server that stutter on the Zidoo Z9X happen to be ISO files. One being The Matrix and the other Jigsaw.
    I was under the impression that I needed to create an ISO of the files just to retain Dolby Vision, but I just used DVDFab's Main Movie copy option instead,
    which keeps the Dolby Vision in tact (Unsure if it retains the HDR10+ since my TV doesn't support it). In regards to 3D, is there no other way to keep the 3D
    properties without creating an ISO? I thought you could export it to a BDMV as well?

20. Enet

Enet Active Member

3D films can be MP4, MKV or ISO. BDMV is the the Blu-ray format which you will find inside the ISO.