HDR10+

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Oct 21, 2020.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hey @ulna68 - check your PM's - I didn't need your email after all

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I thought Al Bundy was a serial murderer?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

4. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

this as well :)

5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

in France it was betacam vs Video 2000 at the beginning of the 80's, it was annoying in the videoclub some film was in betacam but not in video2000 and vice versa

I had this one (video2000).... I made the wrong choice

It's a little bigger than the z9x.

upload_2021-2-5_9-48-38.jpeg

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Around that time, I had little time to watch TV - a case of work and sleep, just had time to watch Magic Roundabout before tea (early dinner) then bed! Loved Dylan though!

upload_2021-2-5_14-57-36.jpeg

7. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

The Zidoo file info states the file is hdr10+ while playing, and the Samsung's upper right info bar shows HDR only, occasionally flashing hdr10+, but 99.9% of a the time shows a stable HDR logo. When I unplug the zidoo and use the amazon cube, this shows a solid HDR10+ constantly, the same for when I plug in the Panasonic BD Player, show's a solid HDR10+. The common denominator here being the Zidoo, I'd say it's HDR10+ programming is not 100% correct.

I dont think anyone with the 2020 Qled's can get hdr10+, only the people withe older compatible sets

8. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

I'll give it a go later and post the EDID.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

HDR10+ is open source and royalty free. Amazon have successfully adopted HDR10+ which looks amazing. It's not a physical 'format' as such like the others, so really not a need for a war on which would should outlive the other.

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Samsung have said they would introduce Dolby Vision on their sets should HDR10+ not be taken up. All very well but that won't be a firmware upgrade or a One Connect Box swap - but I'm keen to find out whether there is any difference between LLDV and HDR10+ on my display. Going to have to watch my copy of Alita sooner than later!

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

What I have seen these are very close. Mostly preference is given to DV in setup.

12. Markswift2003

V2000 was the best of the lot! I kind of miss tapes....

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

You're too young to remember!

14. Markswift2003

My first girlfriend's dad had one! Not to mention the one they wheeled out at school to watch "Programmes for Schools and Colleges" ;)

15. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I didn't know that, I thought it was the opposite as the video2000 disappeared in favor of the betacam in France

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

There was a so called high resolution one too, but I forget what it was called. I remember though first getting Nicam Stereo on my TV - that was something else!

17. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I did tests today with the HDR + test file (rozel - thanks for sharing), I connected the z9x directly to the tcl 65x10 TV.
    I launched a test movie, for a moment for a second the HDR10 + sign appeared, and then it disappeared and the symbol only HDR10 appeared and now I wonder if I should change something in the z9x image settings, do you have any advice or ideas ??

18. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

This is the issue that many of us are having with HDR10+ and mostly with Samsung Qled's from 2020. I uploaded an EDID file to Mark Swift to have a look what is stopping the Zidoo's HDR10+ signal, so might have some answers shortly.

19. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

by the way, I fired this file earlier in the z9x configuration> marnatz sr6010 receiver- without HDR10 + support)> tcl65x10 and this movie looked different, to sum up with direct connection it looked better, as if it were extended (the movie resembled the ones from DV), but the stamp appeared only for the blink of an eye and then there was only HDR10, but the picture was clearly better. It's all weird
    oh my TV is not OLED, https://www.tcl.com/content/dam/tcl...er/downloads/65X10_Product_Specifications.pdf

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  20. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

I get the new HDR10+ logo coming up with the framerate/resolution which appears for like 2 seconds, then the tv only reports standard HDR but this logo flickers occasionally like the HDR10+ signal is trying to get through. The picture is a bit off for me funnily has a green tinge which was told happens when you keep messing about with the settings.