Beta version v6.1.05 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Very odd - although you should output at 10-bit and not 12-bit

2. Xiro

Xiro New Member

To be honest, there were also updates to the bar and on the TV, by Samsung, so I don't know who is responsible, but as I say, I am happy with the current configuration and more so now that it seems that the problems of stutter in smb. Great job from zidoo

3. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Justed tested Blu-ray 3D ISOs, again:

Rise of the Guardians
    Now does not show the initial language selection anymore but only empty spots, if you blindly press OK the player crashes. -> Unplayable.

The Nightmare Before Christmas
    Shows the initial language selection, but after that restarts with the Walt Disney logo, and the language selection, ends in this endless loop. -> Unplayable.

Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker
    Shows the initial language selection, after that the player crashes, menu music keeps on playing in the background. -> Unplayable.

v6.1.03 was a big step backwards, and so is v6.1.05.

Just out of curiosity, also started a 4K-ISO, Aquaman, but it didn't switch to 23.x Hz frame rate but kept the 60 Hz from the interface. Frame rate switch not working.

I'm very disappointed.

All own, complete ISO clones, with frame rate and resolution switching on of course.

The old Z9S does it all perfectly well.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yep - just had my first ever freeze - my straight MEL rip of LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring (Extended) - Disc 1. Froze at 1hr 17 mins. I exited and then played again from where I left off so no biggy. Used MakeMKV 1.15.4. It would be good to know what causes this though.

5. Markswift2003

Yep - Dolby VES Splitter checksum again.

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

im wondering if its due to the 100 gig discs
    wasnt there an issue with some bluray players having a skip when they transitioned from one layer to the other on the disc

Maybe its that transition layer causing the issue ?

movies i can remeber freezing so far are all the larger ones
    ie definitly at least one of the LOTRs and the other day it was a 70 gig ish movie Mortal engines
    ( thou im pretty sure 5th element at near 80 gig didnt ,so that blows that a bit :p )

7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi Mark, had a strange variation on this, Elysium HDR10 and TrueHD Atmos through the VS10 engine.

After approx 1hr 21 mins or so the Centre channel (dialogue) switched to the left rear, at first I thought it was some weird effect but then it became noticeable that I was getting surround effects from either one of the front channels, whilst the atmosphere speakers sounded like an echo chamber.
    I stopped the movie and started again and all went back to normal, never experienced this before ever, quite strange.

8. Markswift2003

Now that really is odd! I presume that's an TrueHD Atmos file and not Dolby Digital+?

Does it require you to sit through 1hr 21m of movie - ie if you start at 10m, does it manifest after 81 minutes at 1hr 31m or is always at the same point - and if so does it manifest if you just search to that point?

9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hi,

When I use the ''pause'' function and I resume the playback, the sound comes back after 1 or 2 seconds as it was the case with an old FW.

Are there other people who have the same problem with this FW ?

10. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Same here when I use my AVR (HDMI), no when using S/PDIF with my headphone.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  11. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

nope not here

12. vddan

vddan Active Member

Same thing for sound, but not on all files !!
    EX: not on m2ts

13. Armin Moesslacher

You all use HDMI or optical as output? I have only tested 5.1 optical for now.....all OK

14. vddan

vddan Active Member

Personal: Hdmi output and I specify firmware 6.1.03 ......... but I think 03 or 05 must be the same!

15. Armin Moesslacher

They are basically, just on HDD bug resolved more in 6.1.05

16. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Yes, for me it takes some time to get audio after pausing as well. Its significantly longer on DD/DD+ compared to TrueHD or DTS-HD.
    Before this I had a cracking/hissing sound on DD/DD+ 6.0.90 when resuming after pausing. This is fixed, but now it takes longer for the audio to come back.

17. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Z1000pro Hdmi cable to Marantz Receiver.

Dts - no problems.
    DDigital and Atmos - 1 second delay.

After pauze during film.

18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yeah seen that one too.

19. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i use optional air mouse (minix neo A2) for remote coz it does not messing with my projector benQ HT3550
    all work compatible fine until you get in HT4, back button did not worked :( and menu button too
    hope next firmware or HT can fix it

20. wally

wally New Member

Hi,
    Fw update of this update from the new fw incoming? Cos I'll stick with the stable version, given your feedbacks...