Zidoo Z10Pro vs. M9702V03

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Bill-Z9X, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

so, this time with a Panasonic system camera and TV-LED mode, but an HDR film

HDMI1 - Oppo
    HDMI2 - Zidoo Z10Pro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  2. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

cool. seems the differences are smaller this time. only thing i noticed is that pic 3 exhibit some banding in both but just a little more visible on hdmi2 (z10). it might be due to the camera (or could be my monitor)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  3. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

yes, with HDR the pictures look practically the same, with the last one is not exactly the same frame, so a little duffirenz is noticeable.
    I'm still doing a little comparison in TV-LED mode with Dolby Vision and then the question of whether the M9702 has a better picture is finally resolved.

4. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

out of curiousity, i took a look at the 3rd picture scene on both the z9s n m7702. the banding is there too (not surprised obviously).

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just a point on banding - using the Spears & Munsil Chroma Alignment patterns the Realtek engine does show minimal banding on blue (bearing in mind this is a bit of a torture test!) but switch to VS10 engine and that banding is eliminated.

It would be very interesting to see an objective report comparing these two boxes using such test patterns because that doesn't rely on judging subjective differences in camera shots, as good as they are, where other variables are at play.

6. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Are we certain that the Zidoo is processing the RPU data from mkv MEL because I converted Power Rangers to mkv MEL as it is the end credits are the easiest way to compare DV to HDR - see from about 30:16. The DV MEl looked exactly the same as the HDR and not like the DV played from an Oppo. As a caveat it may be the conversion process from FEL to MEL that isn't working properly so I would really like to see some definitive comparisons on titles that are originally MEL. Has anyone done such comparisons?

7. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

when comparing between Zidoo MEL (not converted) & Oppo ISO the difference remains like in the post #1, Oppo - a little more color, Zidoo - shows more details in dark areas.

8. looun

looun Member

nice test but....
    1. You take photo with professional HDR camera ?
    2. we don't have HDR professional monitor

So we see compartion from 2 SDR photos with a SDR monitor.
    nothing more nothing less and not "a Dolby vision comparison "

M9702 V3 it's little more ... stable firmware, very true full menu.

9. looun

looun Member

there a visible different DV vs LLDV
    Are you sure?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Post deleted - sorry

11. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

1. since when is the Panasonic tx-65gzw1004 an SDR monitor?
    2. If I take photos of an HDR image, I don't need an HDR camera because the HDR image is already available on the TV

12. looun

looun Member

We see a "jpg photos" (SDR) for HDR/DV comparison ... how is sense?!?
    "if" there is a difference between HDR performance . how can we see it from SDR image?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  13. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

If an SDR camera detects that Zidoo shows more details in a direct comparison under the same conditions, what is your problem?
    I see the same thing with my eyes on the DV TV.
    If you have better comparison pictures, bring them on!

14. looun

looun Member

ok your opinion can be a good reference, but do you have disabled ALL panasonic's HDR processing?

Panasonic's HCX Pro it's best HDR video Processing, Panasonic OLED can display eccent HDR from any source device.

do you have try UHD BD the MEG and aquaman? the most "difficult" HDR tone mapping.

15. daddy

daddy New Member

To know if the FEL to MEL process is working you can do it with BL from one movie and EL from another movie. Normally it should produce a picture with some noise.
    You can see some test here : https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104113#p104113
    If you look carefully you will see that there is no noise on the "C8-p8-rpu" compare to the noise you can see on the "C8-fel" pictures.

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'd sooner wait until @Markswift2003 says it works because FEL to Mel conversions are raising questions right now and the method above would be very subjective on quite a few levels

17. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

It doesn't matter whether the HDR enhancers were on or off, as I said several times, both players were tested under the same controls, the same settings on the TV.
    I'm more of a user and just a bit of an enthusiast, I don't want to do any research and test everything here. I only made a simple comparison, and to me the image quality of the Zidoo doesn't seem worse than the Oppoclone, even better.
    That's my opinion, if you disagree, take your own tests and prove it, if you want to.

Zidoo Z10Pro has a good image quality, but it's still pretty buggy, I have to use the mechanical switch on the back wall from time to time. It also has visual flaws, the lid is badly brushed, and it looks stained. That doesn't match the optically flawless Denon AVR, Pana TV and Klipsch speakers.
    That's why the device is going back to the dealer and I'm waiting for the first tests of the new DUNE HD Pro Vision 4K Solo.

Lony likes this.
  18. looun

looun Member

NOPE, it' is the point.
    HCX Pro make a big different!
    Also, Are you sure Panasonic 100% support TV-led ? https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16602376&postcount=333
    You have test HDR10(not DV) with ziddo Vs m9702 so the different came from TV, NOT palyer.

You can buy DUNE 4K Solo and have equal good image quality, or apple tv or chep amlogic box no matter with panasonic OLED TV... always you have "good image quality"

19. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

seriously?? Panasonic is kidding us? Does Dolby Vision show but is it only HDR? :eek:
    I stop at this pointless discussion. Sorry, no more answer from me.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  20. looun

looun Member

maybe there are lot of dolby vision types https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&start=1260#p85181
    TV "support" dolby vision usually is DV proflie 5 for ondemand video used for all APP.

i don't matter really! i try to explain to you if you want understood !