Z9X - SMB playback issues while streaming from NAS

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by matty2k, Dec 30, 2020.

1. SolarGlider

SolarGlider Member

Yes, it's orange. A couple of weeks ago I thought that was the indicator of the problem. @Markswift2003 told me that in this case it's the other way around.

The frame rate pause does absolutely nothing as well to improve anything, neither does fast forwarding. Today I've received the main competitors device (second gen) and hooked it up. Plays everything beautifully on SMB with not a hick-up in sight. Honestly the UI is miles ahead on the Zidoo, just as Home Theatre. I would much rather keep the Zidoo since they have identical picture quality too. @mirror I really hope you guys can fix this soon. I've 30 days to send back the device. :)

I'm not sure trying to replicate the issue would help since every high bitrate file glitches on the Zidoo and play without issues on three other media players. I've massively eliminated the possibility of it being a local network problem.

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Version number and MAC? will push upgrade for test today.

3. SolarGlider

SolarGlider Member

Hi @mirror, I've sent you this info by PM.

4. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

With test firmware I set the developer settings back to defaults.

Watched a full movie and no stutter/freeze. Got another movie on in the background to check but it's looking promising. What was the change? Interested to know what the problem was and why it only affected some.

5. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

which test FW?

6. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Two freezes during LOTR ROTK Extended which is a very long 3h 50 mins. When I watched this with firmware 6.0.90 recently there were many more freezes so this test firmware seems to have reduced the problem but not quite eliminated it for me.

7. Armin Moesslacher

Still curios which test Firmware you are talking about.....?

8. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Armin at least read the thread its talked about only two posts above mine and mirror asked for volunteers only 1 page ago.

9. Armin Moesslacher

sorry, I just looked on the newest ones :) but cannot find it still.........Latest info I have is the 6.0.90 "stable" which is the same as the beta from 31.12.2020 (md5 hash check).

I also gave mirror my FW version, MAC etc as asked....

10. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Okay it might roll out to you soon it's not a file you download it goes to your device when you turn it on after your MAC is added. Make sure automatic/search for updates is enabled/ticked in your update settings.

11. Armin Moesslacher

I see, thats why mirror want's the MAC :) Now i got it, sorry, was not aware of that ;-)

So I will download and test as well :)

12. Armin Moesslacher

So installed and looks quite promising regarding NFS and SMB, with the files I encountered lags and delays, no problems for now (I resetted developer options to default settings)

FramRate switch (automatically) still not working.

13. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Yes does seem a lot better but I did have a couple of freezes still as mentioned. Frame rate switch works fine for me on both Framerate only and res+framerate I have HDMI Mode set to auto, Lock res off, Frame rate pause = No pause.

14. Derek Watson

Derek Watson New Member

Interested to see if this resolves the issues I have with SMB/NFS. Reported this just after the unit was launched, but the issue couldn't be replicated. Wonder what has changed. Glad it appears to be getting addressed and have provided my MAC address to @mirror so hopefully I can get in on the test build shortly.

15. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

@mirror This .97 update has broken Dolby Vision Standard mode (Forced Compatible Mode) for native dolby Vision content. Native Dolby Vision content now often is a black screen when set at HDR Auto or VS10 not always but most of the time. VS10 HDR to Dolby Vision converted content is working. This issue wasn't in .90.

Edit - Can even make black screens happen in the menu system by setting Dolby Vision Vs10 compatible mode (which sets 2160P 30hz) then just navigate around go into Media Center or move around HT4 and black screens happen.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  16. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

For those with .97 alpha firmware, how are the 4K/10b high bitrate (200/300/400) jellyfish clips behaving?

No more stutter?

17. MovieUwe

MovieUwe New Member

I returned the Z9X a week ago. Now I am in possession of the Shield tv pro 2019. This player works absolutely great and flawless. All MKV`s run very smoothly and without stuttering. There is even since a few days a modified KODI version with the DV works great. For me, the topic of Zidoo is now a thing of the past. I wish all the others here much success and that a working FW for the Ziddo will soon be released.

18. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

No thats not true, shield its a graet players but also have 'problems' with this (DV).
    I have it aloso and i know.

Good luck, lets hope see you soon again

19. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

i'm also curious about this alpha version, to see if it does solve samba issues i do not have with NFS. Is this still open for testing?
    I do not use DV, mainly IPTV & synology DSM7 .mkv

20. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Yes. I dropped a request via PM to @mirror with my Z9X's MAC address and fw version.
    I got respond within minutes and updated moments ago.

DIKKE likes this.