File Manager Missing In Zidoo Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by paresh, Jan 19, 2021.

1. paresh

paresh Member

Hi! @Nice Monkey ,@Markswift2003 The file manger found in Z9s seems to be missing in Z9x or is this a deliberate move by Zidoo to not to include it in Z9x? One more query, how can one build poster wall in ZDMC v18.9 and also play Blu-ray & 4K with navigation Menus? In settings section when I try to activate the Menu Navigation, It says Java RE is required for this function. Which java RE is it asking for and where can I get it?

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Media Center is included in fw for Z9X.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Media Center is a file manager so not sure what you mean?

Can't help with ZDMC - I haven't used ZDMC since it was deprecated in favour of HT.

Mabon likes this.
  4. McBluna

Media Center is the file explorer on Zidoo Players. You could install any other file explorer from google store or download apk from apkpure or similar.

5. McBluna

ZDMC is not deprecated. Latest version is 18.9.

6. McBluna

Oh Mark, this was you who answered o_O

7. Markswift2003

;)

It was actually officially deprecated when HT was released but it does get updated occasionally though I'm not sure who does it!!

8. paresh

paresh Member

Thanks guys for the prompt replies. What I meant to ask was a file explorer, where by I can know the size of each file stored in the attached HDDs, the space occupied & left in them. I have two HDDs connected to the player therefore it would make it easy for me to transfer files from one HDD to another if I have the appropriate information available on the display. ZDMC has this, but don't want to install it with other features missing i.e. Menu Navigation & Poster Wall. Thanks once again.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Total Commander is free and very powerful.

10. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Agreed. I could never go back to Kodi/ZDMC after using HT. It would be like abandoning Windows 10 Pro and going back to DOS 3.0 :eek:!!!

11. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

But Windows 10 File Manager on a desktop connected to the Zidoo box via SMB is easier still and far more powerful, with drag-and-drop??

12. Markswift2003

There are plenty to choose from on the Google Store but they're never easy to use. It's a
    Absolutely! Far easier than messing about with Android apps.

Mabon likes this.
  13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That is exactly what I do too.

14. paresh

paresh Member

Thanks for the enlightenment guys, one more query, I tried setting up my Z9x according to the recommended settings mentioned in the forum. Z9x was directly connected to to the Samsung 4K TV (2014 Model still vert happy with it's PQ) Audio through optical cable connected to Yamaha RX V-683 receiver (in the Z9x settings SPDIF set to Raw). Now, while playing back a 4k or Blu-ray source, TrueHD/Dolby Atmos gets detected as LPCM 2 channels but no sound. The downmix audio settings in Z9x convert it to Dolby Digital 5.1 channels & becomes audible. The perplexing aspect about this is when I connect Z9x via HDMI directly to my RX V-683 and not using any other cable for audio, TrueHD/Dolby Atmos play in their true elements. Why such two diverse results only for True HD/Dolby Atmos? Any particular reason?

15. Markswift2003

Not quite sure what you're asking, but you can't downmix TrueHD/Atmos to AC3 5.1 because it doesn't have a core AC3 track in the same way DTS-HD has a DTS core.

When you connect to your amp the amp's EDID tells the Zidoo it can handle TrueHD and so that gets output on HDMI.

16. paresh

paresh Member

If you could please look into the Audio Downmix settings it is clearly mentioned True HD can be downmixed to 5.1 channel (which I did successfully). As also showing in the attached image. My question was plain & simple when I try to play TrueHD/Dolby Atmos via an optical cable TrueHD/Dolby Atoms do not get recognized where as via HDMI it does through the same receiver. Now according to your explanation does it mean amp's EDID works through HDMI & not through optical cable? Zx9 is running on 6.90G FW. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  17. Markswift2003

Yeah, it probably shouldn't say that. I think that refers to an ISO which would usually have an AC3 track side by side with a THD track but that's not the case when you rip to, for example, MKV, MP4. It's not downmixing in the true sense since it needs a separate track.

DTS-HD on the other hand has a lossy DTS core as a fallback.

S/PDIF does not have the bandwidth for lossless codecs so TrueHD (including Atmos) & DTS-HD are not supported over optical. It can however pass AC3, DTS and LPCM stereo.

Yes, EDID only applies to HDMI connections.

18. paresh

paresh Member

@Markswift2003 Thank you so very much for your explicit explanation. I was playing a 4K movie in the folders format and not the ISO. This means connecting the player directly to the TV will have it's limitations where the Audio is concerned. Is there no other way to play all the audio formats via the amp after connecting the player directly to the TV? Thanks.

19. Markswift2003

Yes, the best way is via the amp but if that's not practical then you could use an HDMI splitter.

20. paresh

paresh Member

My amp has enough HDMI ports and that is not an issue. All I wanted was to get some enhancement to the PQ by plugging in the player directly into the TV & expecting the S/PDIF to handle the Audio formats too efficiently, but it never was the case. So be it, let the amp handle AV part for which they are built for. Thanks once again.

Markswift2003 likes this.