Z10 PRO SMB to NAS stutters + menu navigation issues....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by vale69, Jan 1, 2021.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Peter Cheung Wish you'd stop. Please, if you want to continue, add to the discussion by explaining exactly why you think SMB is superior to NFS. Explain on here as if you are trying to sell the concept of SMB to a customer who has NFS.

Otherwise be quiet please

2. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

I never say SMB is superior, look carefully what I state,
    "NFS sound better in CAS
    I hate SAMBA not support half character. "
    What do you understand about the terms" low level " in computer language.
    I use the word primitive mean simple not complicated.
    you are rude to request me quiet.

3. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

If you don’t agree with someone please say it politely. Telling others to be quiet defeats the purpose of having a discussion forum, especially when you yourself failed to understand that person. I’m not a mod but this is common sense.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Agreed - we're all friends here so let's keep it civil.

ammar11 likes this.
  5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello my friends,

The year 2021 begins on the hats of wheels on zidoo forum :) i like that.

Vale69 just asks if people have the same problem as him, and it has become a fight between pro smb and pro nfs, some messages are off topic.

And between us who cares to know which is the best, if it works in NFS for some they use NFS, and the same goes for SMB.

And concerning all the messages which speaks about problem of SMB on this forum and which are often written by the same people... i suppose you see that in several forums (French, English, Taiwanese for example) that those who have SMB problems with their Zidoo are a very very small minority, not to say marginal, so is this really a problem caused by Zidoo devices ?

Zidoo Team takes care of its users and I know they will do something if they can, but I also see that some people tend to blame Zidoo quickly.

See you

rozel likes this.
  6. skelton

skelton Member

Never had any issues with stuttering when playing content over SMB via NAS. Works flawlessly for me with Z10 Pro.

7. vale69

vale69 New Member

At last !! Thanks Olivier, that is exactly it: I do not care at all which is the best transmission protocol. I'm just saying that I have noticed that my ONLY OPTION at the moment to stream from an extremely powerful quad-core Synology NAS - via a cat. 6 cabled Gigabit LAN - to the Z10PRO brand new just purchased and just installed is NFS.
    SMB is currently OUT OF THE QUESTION....which to me is practically unacceptable for a new generation media player with this chipset. Besides I had dozens of media players and NEVER in my life had these issues....I still have my Dune HD PRO 4K II (same RT 1619 chipset) and goes so much faster and never ever stutters not even with 80 GB BD rip....
    I hope this issue can be fixed soon....unless I'm so unlucky to be the only one who's experiencing this....
    thanks

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head.

My apologies for upsetting people yesterday, it was not my intention.

9. vale69

vale69 New Member

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that - after 3 full days of all possibile testing - I decided to return the unit to the shop and plug back in my old dune hd pro 4k II.
    Needless to say that at the first boot, it all works fine, no SMB stuttering whatsoever and perfect and fast BD/DVD full menu navigation.

I'm not sure whether I was unlucky, but my impression is that the Zidoo firmware/sw is BY FAR NOT ready to be stable and decent for a 300 euro device.

Good luck to the believers....

10. OlivierQC

Thanks vale69,

On the other hand you won't miss the Dolby vision ?

I didn't know that the bdmenu support with the Dune was perfect, thanks for the information.

see you

11. vale69

vale69 New Member

Well my friend....I may miss a few DV titles (10 % ?) but I gain stability, avoid stuttering and gain back BD menu navigation, which in my view more than compensate ;-)

12. OlivierQC

yes you're right, this is just the beginning for the DV :)

See you

13. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

if I wasn't looking for DV, I definitely would have myself the dune also.
    I still have a smart d1 going strong after all these years

14. vale69

vale69 New Member

I agree....the problem with the new Zidoo wih RTD 1619 I guess it's the buggy and unstable firmware....

15. Vee Gee

Vee Gee New Member

I also experienced stuttering of video and audio via SMB protocol thru NAS. I solved the priblem by buying a high speed HDMI cable. I suspected this to be the issue when I noticed my Marantz AVR was accepting signal only as PCM. It solved the issue by a high speed hdmi cable. Just sharing.

16. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

A lot of problems can be solved by changing cables, I still get in various forums ‘it’s not the cable before you start’ or ‘I paid £80 for this Pearl, it WONT be the cable’.... sometimes it is.
    SMB seems to be working great on the Z9X in my opinion.

17. vale69

vale69 New Member

Guys....I don'w want to be rude, it was not the cable: I have changed 2 different cables before returing the unit....the same cables worked perfectly fine with the other machine (Dune hd pro 4K II).
    It was either a defective unit (doubtful with a box consisting of only a chipset and software and no mechanical bottlenecks) or a bugful firmware....in my opinion the latter. With NFS no problem whatsover....but again - full BD/DVD navigation - another nightmare: simply not yet well developed. It needs some extra months of developing before considering it a definitive solution.