Z9x: Netflix was working, now error 1044

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by robin staal, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

;)

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

As paying subscribers to Netflix we should be able to decide what device we want to use. At the end it's easier to download an alternative version and don't pay for it.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I wasn't bothered too much about this until I read the above. I too would like to try it. Before I do, does it affect all countries trying to view? I'm in UK.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Quite honestly, stick to the app on your Samsung.

5. McBluna

Or get a Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K when it is for sale for half the price (30€)

6. Markswift2003

Yeah, I got one last time they were that price to take on holiday!! Not entirely sure when I'll get to use it....

7. McBluna

I also have one in reserve ;)

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Can't cos ARC screws up my setup. I would like to but how do I get the sound through to my Receiver? Would I lose any sound quality connecting via either SPDIF or Coax?

I have both an Amazon Fire TV 4k Stick and a Roku - used these extensively before getting my current Samsung but the PQ from this TV is quite breathtaking to be honest. But everyone goes mad for ARC. My TV doesn't do EARC. Not sure if I'd get DD+ 5.1/Atmos using SPDIF or COAX. My gut feeling is I'd just get DD+ 5.1 - anyone please? Then maybe my Vertex2 could help in some way?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  9. Markswift2003

Unfortunately S/PDIF or coax don't support E-AC3 so no Atmos using them - Can't remember if we decided Sky Q did Atmos or not, but if not, as @McBluna says, use the Fire TV 4K - it's a great bit of kit!

The Zidoo is ok for casually dipping into Netflix but it'll never beat a dedicated licensed device. My favourite is a Shield because it's neither Appled, Amazoned nor Googled (other than the fact it runs Android TV) but if you have the Fire TV Stick, I'd use that - the branding isn't too intrusive.

10. mutt

mutt New Member

Same problem with Z9X...
    I always think it can't get any worse, but this fu**ing device will always surprise me again in the end

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks, what I thought. I'd really like to know tbough: -

1. Will the UK's use of the Zidoo be similarly affected
    2. Can the Vertex2 be used the extract the ARC signals and pump them into my Receiver somehow? Invoking Anytime Net+on TV and ARC / HDMI Control in Yamaha, screws everything up and TV loses connections.

I know the best PQ will be by using the TV's native apps

12. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

13. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Not necessary...
    Shield tube and firestick4k have also great image, and the are ‘flexible’ streaming devices...

14. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

I suggest you don't have any hope. Buying a dedicated streaming device is the best choice. As I said a long time ago that we can't guarantee how long it will last, Because of well-known reasons.
    So we never publicized it

Markswift2003 and ammar11 like this.
  15. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Agreed with @mirror . In my living room for my family we just use the TV app. Streaming is compressed low bitrate video and lossy audio anyway you only need the old ARC to send the audio to the receiver.

But of course, you can also get a separate streaming box if you want.

16. oro

oro New Member

I also encountered the same problem, error 1044, my device is z10pro.

17. Support1

Support1 New Member

Hi, there is another problem except of NETFLIX. Google Play does not recognize device /Z1000 PRO/, no app from Google Play can be instaled on it. And with NETFLIX I have same experiences.Till 6-th of jan NETFLIX worked correctly, not now. 1044 mistake appears. But all trilers work perfectly, which is "funny". I think, that NETFLIX knows where the problem is, but ZIDOO team is closeing their eyes. 490 Eur is not so low price they do this fucking strategy with certificates... So I am in protected time, till 15 days I am able to return device and have my money back, perhaps ZIDOO try to solve this problem till this deadline.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I have a HDfury Vertex2 which is seriously more expensive than the Arcana. I would like to know how to use the Vertex2 to get ARC - if that is possible please

Thanks, much appreciated. I have various ways to stream Netfliz/Amazon Prime/You Tube etal: Sky Q, "Zidoo 1000 Pro" (maybe not), Roku Streaming Stick + (4K), Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and last but not least my Samsung TV's Apps. I've tried them all apart from the Zidoo but now understand that this isn't going to be possible. I was looking forward to checking out my 1000 Pro based on the post by @robin staal who said it would give impressive results. I believe (until told otherwise) that the best way is via your TV Apps. Certainly the PQ was magnificent when I tried on my Samsung but had no sound and as I've said many times CEC screws up the connections. Sky Q seems good, yes @Markswift2003 , it does do Atmos, but there are issues at the moment with sound drop outs etc.

Thanks but I know all that and feel that my best course of action right now is to stick with Sky Q, see how the Amazon Fire Stick performs on this TV or, which I really want to find out more, if my HDfury Vertex2 can be used to extract the ARC from my TV (it does not do eARC).

I know I'm drifting off the point of this thread but I would like to bottom out my best way forward as I had hoped my Zidoo was going to be it.

19. Markswift2003

From the HDFury website:

"World First: Vertex² is also capable of extracting full audio from any TV ARC or eARC (HDMI2.1) up to Atmos High Bit Rate over True HD and forward it via 720p/1080p HDMI to ANY capable AVR input!"

Have a look at the CEC/EARC tab on the Vertex...

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you Mark - I will. I saw this when I first got the Vertex2 but was more preoccupied setting it up for the correct EDID and integrating into my setup.