HDR10+

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Oct 21, 2020.

1. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

What version was you on before when things seemed to work?

2. Darren Shackleton

Darren Shackleton New Member

Was on .45 then upgraded to.60 but the colours on hdr10+ don't look right

3. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

You're not getting the green tinge after too much messing with the settings are you?
    I may downgrade to .45

4. Darren Shackleton

Yep it might be that only changed some stuff it only happened on Hdr10plus hdr10 was fine

5. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Yep had that several times including today, they quite obviously haven't got HDR10+ sorted properly.

6. Darren Shackleton

Going to upgrade to 66 see i thats makes a difference

7. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Not sure it'll be the best move but let us know hoe you get on with 66 and hdr10+

8. Darren Shackleton

Right don't know if this will work for you but updated to .66 and was still the same so I thought I would do a hard reset ot tv by keeping power button pressed until the qled sign comes on and now everything works fine even BTTF works and isn't dark

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi all - as most of you know I too have experienced Dark PQ when viewing HDR10+ titles and although not the reason I started this thread in the first place, I have mentioned this issue on a number of occasions in various posts both in this thread and elsewhere on the forums, particularly here: - http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-from-lldv-source-on-any-hdr10-display.82831/ I still haven't categorically found the answer but during the past few weeks I haven't seen this issue.

Someone mentioned about constant fiddling with settings - well I have always thought it was down to 2 areas, namely Handshaking and/or the Media itself. I've ruled out the Zidoo, ohh and have replaced my cables to make sure these were not the culprit.

Originally I bought the HDfury AVR Key to split the combined video/audio signal from the Zidoo. I honestly could not believe that the then flagship model (Z1000 Pro) shipped with only one HDMI Out socket. The splitting worked perfectly and as far as I recall I experienced no issues with the AVR Key. That said I didn't have it very long before I traded it back for the HDfury Vertex2 so I could experiment with the Zidoo's VS10 engine and LLDV signals in particular. I received seriously good help with the Vertex2 from @Markswift2003 as this bit of kit was (and still is) way above my knowledge base. However almost from the start I experienced video darkness playing HDR10+ titles - not all the time but after fiddling around with the Zidoo, the Vertex2 and of course various media. When the darkness kicked in I could not erradicate it, so gave up and left things for another day. Every time I did this (on at least half a dozen times) when I went back, HDR10+ titles played back perfectly. Then I fiddled around again and once more the darkness kicked in - this went on for about 5/6 weeks.

During this time my aim was to get the Zidoo to playback HDR10+ titles so I spent little time fiddling around getting LLDV through my Samsung TV, which was the aim in getting the Vertex2. I believe I'm there with HDR10+ now but will wait until we have a better firmware before fiddling with LLDV again. I have however always upgraded to the latest Beta and am using 6.0.80 right now.

The mention of the Back To The Future Trilogy got me enthused, given recent posts, to post my settings etc in the hope they may help.

You'll see I've turned the Frame-Rate Switch off - this so I can cut down on the re-syncs after starting and stopping a title. I've left HDMI Mode in "Auto" - I have of course tried playback in 23/24/25Hz as well as 50Hz and 60Hz - HDR10+ plays every time and as this setting defaults back by itself when you fiddle with the HDR settings, I have left it on this setting. I leave on "HDR Auto" primarily as I have a bespoke EDID which my Vertex2 uses, essentialy so I don't have to mess with the Zidoo if I leave it in this position. The video will display whatever is fed into the Zidoo, either HDR10 (displayed as HDR on the Samsung), HDR10+ or LLDV. The Vertex2's OS info appears bottom left of pic 5, of course pressing "Info" on the TV's remote reveals what is displayed top right of pic 6 and pic 7 shows the Sound Format feeding my Receiver.

So stopping fiddling around seems to have cured my Dark PQ on HDR10+ titles - this points, I think to handshaking issues but just where, I don't know. I now suspect "fiddling around", particularly with a Vertex2 in my chain. FWIW I'm damned too if I can get a Harmony Acivity (involving my TV, Soundbar, SkyQ and Receiver) working properly. I'm suspecting my Receiver and Handshaking is a strong contender there too.

Ok hope this helps someone - as I said I'll renew my efforts with LLDV once everything has settled down both Zidoo Firmware and Ripping - wise.

20201219_143829.jpg 20201219_143913.jpg 20201219_143929.jpg 20201219_143958.jpg 20201219_144054.jpg 20201219_144252.jpg 20201219_144338.jpg

mijacmad and Markswift2003 like this.
  10. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Really odd. I have to reset the TV anyhow as the eArc pairing is messed up. Samsung seem to be half arsed like Zidoo.

11. Darren Shackleton

Don't use earc as it always cuts out

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

mines permanently on earc back to the reciever since my sony cant pass hdr10+ and never have cttting out issues

13. Darren Shackleton

Well had amazon fire cube and half through program has turn reciever off and on

14. Xiro

Xiro New Member

hi, the hdr10 + problem in 24hz is solved, and it is not because of the update 6.090. had the setting to 444 12b, it was change to 444 10b and problem solved, now it works fine

15. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Mine's always been set to 444 10bit, still does it. The HDR symbol flickers to as though trying to output HDR10+ but it never quite makes it. I've come to the conclusion it's a Zidoo/Samsung thing and will probably never be fixed.

16. Xiro

Xiro New Member

[QUOTE = "mijacmad, post: 142228, member: 13879"] El mío siempre se ha establecido en 444 10 bits, todavía lo hace. El símbolo HDR parpadea como si intentara emitir HDR10 + pero nunca lo logra. Llegué a la conclusión de que es una cosa de Zidoo / Samsung y probablemente nunca se solucionará. [/ QUOTE]

Yo uso q90r y también hw-q90r, en las primeras versiones de zidoo hasta 6.045 funcionó correctamente en 444 12b, de 6.060 se rompió, ayer decidí cambiar a 444 10b y funcionó

17. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

I have the Q90T so possibly it's the newer models with Zidoo, because everything else plays back HDR10+ faultless, either that or I have a crapolla Z9X unit.

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Mine's a QE75Q950R - 2019 model, and have zero issues other than ARC (telly doesn't do eARC yet), which screws my system.

19. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

I just purchased another Amazon fire cube and it plays back HDR10+ on the Q90T without issue, only thing with the cube is it doesn't passthrough Dolby as standard.

20. turbomaxBG

turbomaxBG New Member

Not work for me

mijacmad likes this.