Z9X - SMB playback issues while streaming from NAS

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by matty2k, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Okay thanks. I will try and rollback soon let me know if 66 is working for you also. Looks like it's not the Ipv6 issue as Mark Swift tested for it but strange that it works without freezes on 45 for you.

What setup are you using for shares? I'm using Windows 10 LTSC.

2. Just using normal SMB share option in win10

3. MovieUwe

MovieUwe New Member

I have exactly the same problem. All movies are jerky over the smb network. I have installed the latest beta 0.90.

4. Try the x45 beta.. it seems to work better..

I have tried x60 and x66 no go... only x45 was much better and not using movie theater app. It causes stutter again..Use media Browser app

5. MovieUwe

MovieUwe New Member

Thank you for your reply. How do I get back to a previous FW. Is there a tutorial somewhere? At the moment I have the 0.90 beta FW.

6. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Did you try a factory reset before ? I watch everything from my NAS in SMB and I haven't any issue, even Lord of The Ring in Atmos and DV (90mb/s).

7. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I have the 0.90 beta FW

8. I know I did many times..

Maybe it's a issue with connecting smooth to win10 SMB shares?

You are using a Nas, so maybe Nas devices are better matched somehow..
    Either way, my z9s and x9s using same win10 SMB shares works perfect also...
    Just my Z9X that has issues.

Will find out in next few when I get my next 2 zidoo Z9X players that were stuck in mail..
    I will test them.. Maybe my current player is faulty.. Or there are bad batches of this model.. Hence why me and others have issues and some other people do not

9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

The eternal question, why does it work for one and not for the other?

There are certainly many variants that come into play and that cause problems for some and not for others.

10. MovieUwe

MovieUwe New Member

I will try...

11. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Yes maybe it's a compatibility issue with windows. I use OMV 5 (Debian)

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I mentioned this on another discussion - there seem to be suddenly a load of people having issues streaming over SMB where previously there weren't - or if there were, they were generally down to poor networking - IP address in DHCP range, finger trouble - that sort of thing. It's just not an issue any of the Zidoo models have suffered from since the days of yore (my experience goes back to the X9S).

But there's definitely something going on here and I can't help thinking it maybe something to do with a Windows update since a lot seem to be running their shares from Windows.

I'm running from Western Digital NAS drives with SMB shares and haven't seen any of these problems on any firmware going right back to the beginning.

13. Just sucks my older zidoo x9s and z9s work fine with same windows 10 shares...

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

whether it's my x20 pro or my z9x with same windows 10 shares....i don't have a problem.

15. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Yes, I noticed that too. Also, troubles accessing NFS shares arise. I've experienced the latter myself. I had to change the fixed IP back & forth to be able to access my NFS shares again. During scanning an added NFS musicfolder in the musicplayer app, the screen suddenly pops back to the homescreen, leaving my added folder "Invalid". I still can't add a NFS share that has too many files :-(
    So I also would definitely say that since last fw there's something changed in network behaviour, not for the better.

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The plot thickens.

17. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Both my NAS boxes run on Linux and "0" SMB problems on Z9S, Z9X and Z1000Pro (.90 beta FW)

18. At leat that makes me feel little better that at least the hardware can play files ok..

Now to find the issue.. arggg..

19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

ive posted about getting these micro freezes too on other threads already
    Something i never had issues with( besides the obvious DV DA issues fixed in .85 .90)
    run the same file direct to usb 3 from a sata 6 hdd and smooth as

smaller files like tv episodes im having zero issues with , over SMB , even with jdownloader running and Tera MMO running and 2 ip cameras all on same pc ( and before .85 .90 i would have similar running WHILE smoothly playing full 4k movies)
    it defintly fells like smb bandwidth being throttled accassionly

ive pretty much stopped watching DV DA movies via smb while im on this firmware,just becuase it happens on almost all 4k DV DA movies now