List of penalizing BUGs

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ghostshadow, Dec 12, 2020.

1. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

1.Non-functional MKV DV playback (stuttering ) DV Atmos OK
    4.Noticed since the update, when you pause and resume playback there is no sound for a few seconds. OK

SandorM likes this.
  2. SandorM

SandorM New Member

18 - Screen saver pictures (from image player) is not working after reboot with SMB
    (Zidoo is forget network path SOMETIMES or after a longer OFF period - you must open SMB folder again to see these files and to use it - there is no proper SMB auto scan after reboot) - no problem with local files in image player.

tom68 likes this.
  3. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

New list of 0.90
    1. LG B6 TV now read Dovi in 3840 * 2160p But the mode is RGB 8Bits BT2020 DV instead of YUV 10Bits

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Standard DV is output in 8-bit RGB using HDMI Tunneling, so the 12-bit DV signal is encapsulated in 8-bit RGB and decoded by the TV. This is a neat Dolby trick to allow the use of HDMI 1.4 in DV.

LLDV is usually output in 12-bit 422, again HDMI 1.4 compatible, however some EDIDs will allow 10/12-bit 444/RGB for LLDV.

The Zidoo respects this convention correctly.

SandorM likes this.
  5. SandorM

SandorM New Member

Timeline issue if you change audio (from ENG to other language or back).
    When you are in the middle of a movie and change audio the time line will show actual status of the movie incorrectly.

6. SandorM

SandorM New Member

Here you can see two pictures about this issue.
    One before audio change and an other one after a track change. As you can see it is a same period of “A Star is Born” movie with two different timeline statuses.

Attached Files:

7. vale69

vale69 New Member

Actually just testing my new Z10 PRO and would say - sadly and very disappontingly - that it stutters over nearly and file over 20 GB via SMB LAN to NAS.
    My Dune does not skip a single bit in no whtasoever scenario. Very disappointed so far. Have to force everything via NFS.

Furthermore very disappointing and poor menu navigation (BD/DVD) both in SMB and NFS: also here comparison with Dune - I'm afraid - is very hurting and dramatic.
    It stutters, hangs or does not even start reproduction with nearly half of my BD rips.
    If a firmware will not fix this soon I don't think I'll be owning a Zidoo for much longer....sorry

8. SandorM

SandorM New Member

Thank you for your test - I will try to find the dependencies or formats...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  9. Philomen

Philomen New Member

z10pro - firmware 6.0.90G - internal sata hard-disk can't be read after the wake-up of box

10. SandorM

SandorM New Member

mpeg-ts Dolby Vision Single Layer movies
    I reseted my z10Pro but this problem still exist.
    Do you have any idea what is the problem with this format?

Attached Files:

11. fedofed

fedofed New Member

90% of the movies are turned on immediately on the film, skipping the blue-ray menu. It worked perfectly on older models. Please fix it!

12. leviathan

leviathan New Member

The Z1000 has the same problem.
    Maybe not 90% of the time, but there is.

13. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

What version of Firmware do you have?

For others please Make an understandable Title of the problem, with the description of the problem below
    And similar HERE we post that the problems no need to start commenting on this or that problem, it is a Post where the problems are described, as you do on your Post
    @Nice Monkey so please apply what you asked here too otherwise this Thread will not be clear.

14. SandorM

SandorM New Member

thank you!
    I hope they will solve this mpeg-ts dolby vision issue.

15. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Just to let you know I've read your post and will be back with answers after I have done more thorough testing. I simply didn't have time yet.

As for point 10: VS10 engine advertises in the GUI being able to convert HDR to SDR. I'd like to see that happen. When HDR set to VS10 however, the picture is unwatchable. Blacks are elevated and my Panny plasma looks bleached. Also, some (not all) SUP subtitles are played black in light-blue instead of (light-)grey.

When HDR to SDR set to auto, PQ is better I agree, but not good yet. But this is is not done by the VS10 engine, if I still understand it correctly.

After some very quick & dirty tests, at least two 3D-BD "movie-only" ISO files could not be played.

Will be continued after proper testing.

16. vale69

vale69 New Member

Yep, sorry I have last official available (online) firmware. Did not test the beta version (which I imagine would not change much the situation....)
    thanks

17. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Not very tricky, but this is another matter. It's not about editing in the first place:

Creating a movie only 3d-BD ISO from a fully ripped 3D blu-ray rip is quite simple. All you have to do is import the proper playlist in tsMuxer and remux to new 3D-BD ISO. Nothing is edited or transcoded: the elementary streams H264, MVC and chosen audio and subtitles are copied 1:1 into the new "movie only" ISO.
    Have been doing this for years and I can confirm every 3D player I have/have had played these ISO's without a hitch.

Additionally some time ago, I remuxed quite some 3D movies with a later version of tsMuxer to see if the Zidoo would play them, where they were previously denied. They (almost all of them) did so. The two formentioned ISO's that - now on fw 0.90 - are refused, played ok on earlier firmware.

So, IMHO: next to the fact that different tsMuxer's output can yield different results in playback ability, there is definitely a firmware issue too.

Thereby: Please note that ALL 3D ISOs I create are tested on multiple players. Even on "2D" mediaplayers (that can't handle 3D), to see if the backwards compatibility with 2D blu-ray (which is mandatory in 3D blu-ray specs) still stands.
    The Zidoo Z9X is the only player (at my place, that is) that refuses some of them evry now & then.

18. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Will do.

19. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

No comment or debate there are posts for that

I indicated it on the first page thank you

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Obviously you are 100% right and offer my sincere excuses. Will comply as promised and removed my debate accordingly.

ghostshadow likes this.