Beta version v6.0.90 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

As quote the reply from others,
    the choice is :
    If you have HDR set to "Auto" and have a display that can play both Standard DV and LLDV, Compatibility Mode <on> will force Standard DV mode and Compatibility Mode <off> will force LLDV mode with DV material regardless of profile.
    and what about TV led or player led LLDV is :
    Oh yes, definitely a difference between Player led and TV led, but that's not what the Zidoo does - since it's only ever able to process single layer DV, it's neither - it's a single layer engine only, whether in standard DV or LLDV

I prefer to name it backward compatibility mode, just my personal opinion, please ignore me if anyone disagree.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  2. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

I just ask for information, I have not stated any words about what=what, which=which or imply anything.
    I do not or will not force others to agree with me.
    Please do not state anything like what=what or which=which and announced like that I stated that before. I haven't do that.
    You think you get the truth , good congratulations & happy new year.

3. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Another little bug: from time to time, the meteo app doesn’t display my own meteo when Zidoo starts. I have to open the app , my city is still there and that’s enough to make the app works again on the main page of the GUI.

Concerning Dolby Vision, I have the hobbit an unexpected journey that stutters within the first minute of the movie. If I press 0 on the remote to force the movie to restart, everything is ok. I have tried a remux found on the web (the 2 others movies of the collection play flawlessly) and a new one made by myself with makemkv from the orginal blu-ray files, but with same result.

4. Vismantas Bagdonas

Vismantas Bagdonas New Member

i have z1000pro trough denon 4500h to jvc N7 projector. in this firmware finaly i can get 1080p video at 12bit RGB to projector with corect color clipping at 16-235 color space , older FW displayed colors incorectly, (8 bit was ok only on older FW). good job zidoo team ! :)
    on 1080p resolution and (16-235) YCbCr 444 12bit color cliping is not corect , need fix.
    at 4k red,magenta is a little off... HDR color test shows oversaturation.but it is easy fix on projector side. (Projector is calibrated ! ).
    i still sometimes have anoying bug that after HDR movie projector stuck on HDR,and dont return to SDR mode. this is zidoo fault, as i click by mobile APP on HDR --> Auto, and projector goes to SDR mode.
    but overal media player now is very good.

5. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

so Compatibility Mode <off> then VS10 sdr to hdr uses lldv ??
    is there benefits to using VS10 for hdr with a set that accepts lldv for hdr10/hdr10+ content (set does not display 10+ sony 950h)

thanks for your time!

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Haven't got the time yet to test things out, but cheers for the Zidoo staff.

And a Happy New Year to you all.

DELUCAS likes this.
  7. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

Hello, it would be good to put an official firmware 0.85 changelog to see the difference with the 0.90.
    It might also be a good idea to do a Locked Post that includes all Firmware with their changelog and download links.
    So we do not mix everything (on the one hand firmware and on the other hand post on feedback).
    It would also be necessary to make a clear Post to explain in a comprehensible way to all the users the function 'Compatibility Mode', what it brings and when to use it according to the material (TV Oled, TV Led etc).
    Thanks to the staff for their work.
    I am in 0.85 and all my Dovi Films are working (profile 8 for encodes and profile 7 for Full or remux).

darkeyes909 likes this.
  8. papirus

papirus Member

Thanks to the Zidoo team for the software. Comments later .

Happy New Year to all...

9. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

The recent firmware of SONY 9000H have unique LLDV behaviour, some LG old model only support 2160P30.

10. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

WOW!!!! Thank you and Happy New Year 2021 even in China it will be later :)

11. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

Thanks!

did the update. Went smoothly.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  12. beefjazz

beefjazz New Member

did the update today and 3D is bricked.
    when i play 3D titles it wont force 3D on my pj. yesterday on previous beta firmware it was working fine.
    anyone else has this?

13. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

glad to hear it, you are welcome.

Topdude likes this.
  14. Mutiara65

Mutiara65 New Member

Since v6.0.90 zidoo z1000 pro i have no sound with pcm sources; my soundbar displays PCM but there's no sound at all; when i switch to for example Dolby Digital i have sound.
    Someone can help me?

15. Mutiara65

Mutiara65 New Member

i made a factory reset now it's working again.

16. wally

wally New Member

Thank you for fixing the flashing external subs problem and all you've done!

17. matty2k

matty2k New Member

Still have the problem that as long as z9x is connected via HDMI and is in Standby other devices have no audio output through AVR. I need to start z9x then the audio output is working. CEC option is switched off in z9x and all other devices.

LG OLED C7 and Zidoo x9z are connected to DENON x1400H with HDMI cable.

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Tested a couple of DTS demo blurays with a variety of DTS:X clips. Plays DTS:X fine.

19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

deleted my post

seems like my GZ1000 can do everything but dts-x and hadnt noticed id lost dts-x from amp when i swapped to earc from tv to watch HDR10+

rather have the full sound

20. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Now that frame rate switching has beend fixed, I tested Blu-ray 3D ISOs again:

- When you only "Play video", output in 3D is triggered, and playback is smooth
    - But when you "Play with Blu-ray menu", 3D is not triggered and movie plays only in 2D

No crashes anymore, like we had in an earlier firmware. But there is still something wrong with format detection when playing (3D) ISOs in menu mode.

Tested with: The Nightmare Before Christmas, Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker, and Rise of the Guardians, all complete Blu-ray 3D ISO clones.