Beta version v6.0.85 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ammar11, Dec 28, 2020.

1. djslmft

djslmft New Member

I'm using my Zidoo for a while and didn't have such a problem till the current version.

I see the improvements and I'm happy for them, but I had playback issues with 6.0.80 and the current too.
    One of my clients have Z9X too and he reported me same issues that I had while using .80 (when it came out, we rolled back to .66), he's waiting for my approval for .85 but I will advise to wait for the next FW 'cause of these stutters, dropouts

2. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

No need to be sarcastic.......I would have thought we should report bugs / experience with 6.0.85 here? The subtitle one is existing a LONG time, maybe not that important for HDR DV people......

best regards,

Armin

darkeyes909 likes this.
  3. Armin Moesslacher

True, but some here have experience in Router/Protocoll Business since 20 years........so I know my stuff and how to test latency, or packet loss etc. etc. I hope the young developer would try more things before releasing and developing on customer side........Customer support is one thing, but stable QUALITY another and that's what I personally miss with the Zidoo players (X9S and Z9X). When a native developed player has more flaws then ZDMC (which works flawless in my case) I would assume it is not in a 1.0 state and that since years.....

4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Did you read what you quoted? Stop discussing it here. There’s a thread for this already. Be nice.

5. Armin Moesslacher

understood

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

What process are you following to convert FEL to MEL? Cheers

thaworn R likes this.
  7. matty2k

matty2k New Member

To discuss SMB performance issue I have opened a new thread.
    Cannot post link since message says it’s SPAM ...

8. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Changelog please.
    Is this only DV update or are there other bugs fixed or usefull functions added for non oled owners?

9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

10. djslmft

djslmft New Member

I need to correct myself!

My NAS was scrubbing, it looks like that caused the stuttering/dropout issues, but I'm still testing!

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

What you mean to say is there anything for Samsung owners;). There are many non OLED TV's that support DV.

12. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

Noob question, i'm getting my Z9X today, this firmware can be instaled via OTA?

13. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Glorioso likes this.
  14. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

You're right ;)

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

ATM im trying Gamma found here https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&start=3360

Edit
    heres the command lines im using atm for the fel to mels

first line : python-3.7.6.amd64\python.exe src\app.py -fel_to_mel -mux -exp 00003.m2ts

second line : src\Gpac\gpac.exe -i pipe://video:ext=hevc:audelim=true -o stdout:ext=ts:pes_pack=none | src\FFmpeg\ffmpeg_win_x64.exe -hide_banner -y -i - -i 00003.m2ts -map 0:0 -map 1:2 -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=aud=insert -metadata title="War_________________________________________________________________________" War.mkv

All of the gamma files are in this same folder
    run the cmd line twice then add in 1st line to one enter then 2nd command line in 2nd and enter

00003.m2ts is the main file copied to this work folder (for war of the worlds in this case )
    War is just easy name while working

The resulting mkv file i then run thru makemkv .15.4
    making sure NOT to change the name structure ie War_________________________________________________________________________ which is showing on right side of makemkv

Running tht atm so will test file shortly but rough idea of what im doing atm

i tried yuescopes earlier ones but not much success ,thou i think that was due to wrong ffmpeg prog...one he linked at the time was dead link

basicly i just have all the apps and m2ts in same folder and do all work from there

im not making them dvhe8.1 yet , just fel to mel added in the cmd line
    Justice league worked fine cept for maybe 5 slight pauses but no synch issues
    Running it thru in the bckground atm but via usb3 not smb ,since some are saying it has issues now ..on a new thread(ill post this test result there once movie run thru)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    thaworn R likes this.
  16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I followed the process here https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&start=3360#p97878

I did one tonight. Midsommar DC UHD. Converted FEL to MEL using above process. I follow steps to end up with profile 7. It plays back in DV OK on my LG CX.

17. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hey, Good to see FEL to MEL profile 7 is triggering DV what difference if any are you seeing as opposed to conversion to 8.1?
    Can't participate at the moment, building a new NAS which at the current rate may take me about 3 weeks to transfer all my files (ffs).

18. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

So far so good, 85G has been stable.
    SMB playback over GigaLAN is working smoothly.

ammar11 likes this.
  19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes, this is a good update forget about v6.0.80 and go for this one. :)
    A few more fixes and ready for a general update for all models.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    ammar11 likes this.
  20. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Agree.

It’s time for Zidoo team to focus in VS10 engine capabilities now....:rolleyes:

ammar11 likes this.