Dolby Vision Atmos update

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Dec 20, 2020.

1. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I know but like I said there is a new option called Peak Luminance in the Realtek developer system settings. What does this slider do ?
    Or was this option also available before the v6.0.85 update ?

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

hadnt seen it before this update testing it now on The matrix

think it was always there now ive seen it

changing slider 5 to 7 did nothing in
    Matrix thou DV should set all that id think

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    DennisTheMenace likes this.
  3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Looking good!

Tested on my own 1917 DV remux and The Hobbit - someone elses remux. Both with Dolby Atmos sound. After about 15 mins play on each still running super smooth! Never got beyond 3 or 4 minutes before.

Great job!

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Was in 6.0.66 firmware and think before that .

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

didnt make noticable diff in DV but HLG re His Dark MAterial epi lowering from 7 id moved it to down to 3 removed the slightly washed out look . ill try find some hdr10/10+ epis to test it on too

6. SandorM

SandorM New Member

Do you have any news about Z10Pro 0.85 version?
    Thx

7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Which makes sense as Dolby Vision will either be set to the TV for processing or processed via the VS engine.
    As people have noted it was there on previous firmwares, and it obviously sets the point in the tone map as to where HDR roll off starts, too low and the picture will be too dark, too high and the picture will clip heavily.
    I have a custom tone map set in my TV already via Calman so I have no need for this.

8. xskip

xskip Active Member

SandorM and thaworn R like this.
  9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's always been there.

Realtek Developer Options are just a subset of Developer Options but made available without having to activate them. Any options that are pertinent to the operation of the Zidoo are brought forward into the Shell.

I believe "Peak Luminance" is a value related to Android tablet screens so has no affect on the Zidoo output

leonkoum, xskip and DennisTheMenace like this.
  10. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Is this update applicable for mkv file with dvhe.07.06 BL+EL+RPU MEL only or will it also work with BD rip with dvhe.07.06 BL+EL+RPU MEL.?

11. Markswift2003

This is an update that fixes the DV/Atmos bug in MKV files only.

12. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Ok, so need to transfer bd rip to mkv file. Correct?

13. Markswift2003

Yes - use MakeMKV latest (v1.15.4)

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Fel files will still need to be converted to Mel types

15. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

yes

16. Dan

Dan Member

I have a MEL disk and have downloaded Makemkv. what is the process to make DV mkv to play on Z9x with latest firmware?

17. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

20201229_210718.jpg 20201229_211903.jpg

Dan likes this.
  18. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

jak zgrać materiał ultra bluray z fel do mel ?? can makemkv do it ??

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  19. Dan

Dan Member

Ok, I did my first convert.

Couple of questions, in the log at the bottom it shows AV synchronization issues were found in file - Is this normal?

I get 3 titles all the same size 58.7GB when I load into MakeMkv, does it matter which one i tick as they all appear the same?

20. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

No matter, select the one with the audio you want, sometimes makemkv or dvdfab show multiple times the same movie I don't know exactly why.

Dan likes this.