Unable to wake z9x when pressing on/off button on remote

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by A Wong, Dec 2, 2020.

1. A Wong

A Wong New Member

I bought a z9x yesterday. I connected it to my Onkyo 808 av reciever (does not support 4K) and after the initial boot up with the zidoo logo, it went black. I then connected the zidoo to a normal monitor and it worked. I then changed the display mode from auto to 1080/60Hz and connected it back to the Onkyo and it worked.

I set it to standby mode when I went to sleep last night. This morning, when I tried to turn it on using the remote, it did not wake up. I had to turn it off using the button at the back to turn it on. Tried a few times, same result. I have no problem putting it to standby mode though.

Can anyone help?

2. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

what if you configure the remote control power button to shutdown instead of standby, does this work?

3. A Wong

A Wong New Member

Tried. doesn't work

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Do a factory reset.

5. A Wong

A Wong New Member

How do I do that? I cannot turn it on now. I tried the button at the back and all I can get is a red light. No booting at all. Just a red boring light. Remote does not able to turn it back on too.

6. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Deactivate CEC on the Zidoo, standby does not work for me if CEC is activated.

I don't know the problem with boooting, I can't help.
    Z9X bootloader crash | Zidoo forum

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Totally Agree in fact have it Permanantly off more hassle than what its worth long term .

8. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

The CEC bug is even bigger, even if it is deactivated it starts my TV and AVR with it, which is stupid if I start Zidoo via WoL and only access the SMB server.
    I would also have to deactivate CEC on the TV and AVR, so ARC no longer works, so I still have to see how I can get it to work again.

9. Nice Monkey

I use a CEC-blocker for that. The CEC pin is then interrupted.

10. Nice Monkey

That is nasty. You need to an Emergency flashing then. Described in detail on this site for all models (or the excellent McBluma site).

11. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

CEC-blocker? I know, but I'm waiting for Zidoo to fix the problem.