When new Firmware

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by moal, Oct 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i do enjoy the zidoo products
    having had several other brands of mediaplayers ,theyre miles ahead compared to most
    and having the Z9S (retired to bedroom 4k duties now) ,i know the total lack of comminication from Zidoo

BUT
    theyre not , say even close to a stable well made product like the WDTV live range
    Those things were built rock solid and had almost zero issues ...still got 3 of them atm and weirdly enuff i fired one up and could load Plex on to it and play all my 1080- x265 tv series just fine

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Trouble is on Any new product out today they play back and have to support ten times more spec : than say years ago .......dvd spec playback with just vanilla 5.1 Audio etc

years ago 1080p 5.1 DD / dts etc that was it

now Dvd , 1080p . 4K , Dolby Vision Vs10 , HDR10 + , Atmos . And on and on

wait next year when 8K playback comes and another Visual additive Dolby Vision HQ ;)
    One big headache to resolve and release a firmware for everything to work together .

While we debate oh look new firmware out ;) :)

3. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Nobody asks to set deadlines, it is a list of recognized bugs where it says:
    already fixed
    is being worked
    planned

This minimizes the number of unnecessary / duplicate threads and posts and increases the satisfaction of Zidoo customers.

4. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

You can’t mux the THD+ac3 track into MKV, ac3 (core) gets discarded....
    THD+ac3 is how the stream is in the original M2TS.

5. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I fully agree - I've suggested this before. There should be sub-forums for various matters that continue to be raised

I was expecting "Oh yes we do!" whereas the reality is probably "Oh no you don't!" - thought I'd bring in some Christmas joviality :)

7. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

@Bill-Z9X @rozel
    no problem, I deleted absolutely all my posts from the Z9x, so the forum will seem clearer to you.
    Sorry to bother you.
    Merry Christmas

8. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

He's behind you :)! (But I doubt whether many people on this forum understand the intricacies of pantomime :D?)

"Penelope the pony has a sore throat. Well, she’s a little hoarse. She’s currently dating Denis the donkey - it’s a stable relationship. o_O"

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Lol - love it! - they're missing out then aren't they?!

10. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Absolutely!

"A pantomime horse walks into a bar. The barman says 'would you like a pint'? The horse says, 'no thanks, two halves'.

"I had a job as part of a pantomime horse once, but I quit when I was a head".

"Your balls get bigger every year Prince Charming!"

11. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Have a look in the forum to see which topics are identical? Everything is already spread over 7 pages and a lot of it is still on foreign topics.
    When you're looking for something you don't know where to look.
    There is no admin here to fix it, everything depends on the user of the portal.

You overreacted a bit, I'm sorry.

12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

4K bedroom material you say?! Wow!
    Wanna trade for some "3D action" that will be all around ya? :D

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Hopefully in the next firmware they will at last fix the annoying bug where 1080p blurays play at the native GUI resolution and not 1080p. This one been around for a few releases now.

maglione likes this.
  14. maglione

maglione Member

I hope so!

15. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hi blenky,

I don't understand, your full hd bluray is not playing in 1080p

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

If your set the Z9X GUI to 3840 x 2160 and play a full bluray it will play in 3840 x 2160 and not 1080p. This is a bug that has been present in the last three firmwares. If you play the movie direct, bypassing the menu, it is OK and so are all other 1080p files.

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's been on my bug report since 7th September...

blenky likes this.
  18. OlivierQC

thank you for the information,

But what is the point of forcing the resolution to 2160p ?

The '' AUTO '' mode does this automatically and correctly doesn't it ?

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, not for full rips.

Auto will set a gui resolution of 3840x2160 (EDID allowing) and you have exactly the same problem with HD BluRay..

You can set the GUI to 1080 but then you have the reverse problem with UHD BluRay.

20. OlivierQC

Hello Markwift2003,

It means that Direct Output Mode do not work properly with ISO fullHD ? (since the 3 last FW)