New firmware v1.0.40 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by HoneCharles, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electron3d

Electron3d New Member

@warren_wh Can you post a firmware img for 1.0.40 please?

2. Android arun

Android arun Member

hi,
    Already i ask so many times, plzfix Aac 5.1, audio passthru@ native player.( shows only pcm 2.0 stereo only but zdmc plays well)
    i requested so many times n i send the video samples too, still not fix my problem.
    hopes fix at next update.
    if any one know how to fix the issue, guide me plz.
    thanks

3. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

i need a commitment about the next firmware release.. since zidoo is refusing to take back/refund my box..

4. neamielu

neamielu Member

lol. I need a new car, also.

5. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

dude, you realize you wasted time and money too, right?
    i hope you drive better than you are smart :)

6. neamielu

neamielu Member

dude, yeah, it was a pretty good waste, since I could have bought a stupid android stick for 25 bucks only..
    but in exchange, to show my gratitude for zidoo team's good work, I stopped recommending them to my friends. They lost more than I did, so we are even :D
    now I use the box as I can, not too much to ask for, just kodi, which runs quite decent now on 1.0.40. not much to ask, no complains, you see..

7. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

Anyway, thanks Zidoo 99% of us continue to love our boxes and couldn't be more satisfied. Thanks again for another update when the competition can't even do a release twice a year.
    You can't please everyone.

8. phuhuunew

phuhuunew New Member

I want to set the wallpaper, I installed the Nova launcher, but you select the images to set as wallpaper it has been enlarged compared to the original size of the image

9. phuhuunew

phuhuunew New Member

I and some others or lost the mouse icon on the screen, not my wireless mouse fails, the problem is due x6

10. gridlock

gridlock Member

thank you big time team zidoo.... with this firmware , no more video playback stutter using zidoo video player... truly awesome.
    i really hope you can do the same with the x9s coz for me , the zidoo video player still suffers minor stutter even with the latest firmware....
    thanks

11. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

I also wanted to chime in thanking Zidoo for their continued support of the box. Sure it has it's problems, but you're constantly working to fix them.
    When you're back from holiday, @freeroc, can you let me know when .40 will go live OTA?

12. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

No problem. I need confirm the schedule.
    By the way,
    What's your purpose of demand a OTA?
    I mean you have ability to download it from here and update manually.Just curious.No offense .
    Sometimes we received feedbacks which complained the OTA notification bothered them, for they just want to enjoy the old version,and have nothing expectation of new version.

13. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

cannot follow this, because for zidoo it is NOT possible to get all the promised stuff into X6Pro within one year
    so they promised stuff and could not check it - so device back and money back - easy stuff
    i had the same problem within AMAZON, but when i send them the original list of specifications and some excerpts from this forum here and the german forum from lony they got me back my money immediatly
    the same with others - i helped

14. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

My interest is that I sell your product, I've sold about 40 X6 Pros to people and they're very happy with it, but many of my customers are not tech savvy enough to do the firmware upgrade themselves. So OTA is the best way. I know for some people the notifications bothered them, but they have an option to turn that off right in the update app so I don't know why people complain, if they don't like the notification, they can just turn it off.
    Please don't stop the OTAs because people complain.

15. neamielu

neamielu Member

@bigpoppapaul is right. I'm bothered too by OTA missing/delayed.

- first of all you have to be member of this forum to notice there is an update.
    - second, it's always complicated to get the file manually on an USB drive (which you never find because they are so tiny) and to shove it in zidoo's box usb port which is usually occupied with a keyboard and who knows what else... since there are tones of usb devices which needs to be shoved in only two ports.

so, you should stick on the old good rule - put the new updated fw on ftp, let the crazy testers and forum members to swear you because missing this or that, then, if no catastrophic failure detected, move it to OTA after a week.

when you miss one version on OTA you need sometimes to proceed to full upgrade or manually update, which is also annoying, people get confused. which version should I use, the small one? nooo, the big one must be better, got more content, neah? which is usually not necessary...

think on these, @freeroc and welcome back from holiday :D

oh, @grummel2005, my old friend.. so you manage to get ride of the old good x6pro? :D then why bother to stick around? what did you get instead? I guess you are not staying without an android player, by now you should be addicted, like all of us.. got sth. with better support? :D

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  16. grummel2005

yes
    to help people with same problems as i had
    look here :) http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?forums/zidoo-x9s.23/
    no

17. dimtris

dimtris Member

You are right matte
    Because I'm waiting the good one firmware update were the live TV is fixed in that moment I will update
    I'm interested on new firmwares but live the exited first to try

From the feedbacks I'm looking
    Live TV still needs works

Have you a good days relaxing

But not too much
    We are waiting the new firmware

18. neamielu

neamielu Member

19. grummel2005

do not know yet where the way leads us to :)
    at the moment more problems as in the beginning of the X6Pro
    read there and you know

20. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

For me X9S is undoubtly better, and have more feature (but some are missing, could be added again in the future), but FW is still a bit unripe.
    Right now, for me is usable, and I'm patient...
    Maybe my point of view will change when (hope soon, I have to find the money.......) I'll change my environment (TV) :)
    As usual, these are my two cents...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.