When new Firmware

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by moal, Oct 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Any news? :rolleyes:

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Your in the beta test group, you tell us?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There is not such as thing as a "Beta test group". Those with that label "earned" the ribbon doing initial translation work in the very past for X9S. ;)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  4. rola

rola Member

It’s friday, maybe time for a new firmware?

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Here we go again ..........

just 21 Days have passed since last firmware release give them a chance to at least do some testing .

6. leviathan

leviathan New Member

Yes, but on the Z10, Z1000, etc. there have been no firmware for almost 3 months.
    And I just would like to know what they are working on now. Then it would have been easier to wait.:)

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  7. DELUCAS

My Z10 PRO is on new firmware 6.0.66 which came out 14th Nov

Mabon likes this.
  8. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

That was the question that has never been answered here. Would be great to see a list of confirmed bugs and when they will be fixed.

Whitfield and leviathan like this.
  9. DaMacFunkin

Yeah I remember, I had the X9S back in those early days, these days you just get it pushed to your box if you are deemed helpful.

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And just for the record then, you guys buy your boxes, the same as everyone else?

11. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

It doesn't have to give the impression that there is a push for new firmware here, it would just be interesting to know when? In 1 week, 1 month, 2020 or 2021?

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

maybe post a list of whats being worked on for the upcoming next firmware

people spending GOOD money on expensive products...and these are....shouldnt be treated like mushrooms , and kept in the dark so much

13. DELUCAS

Simply No !!
    it open up a huge can of worms
    There be another thread opened up saying they promised this .......
    They said it be on the next firmware ........
    Whens it coming .......
    Its been 24 hrs and it has not come they said today why................
    It be pointless

Does Apple ?

14. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I would agree to that. But I must say it is becoming tricky for owners to make out what is or isn't acknowledged. Let alone being worked on.

Instead of the can of worms one could think of just a simple feedback-list from the Zidoo staff which states what issues they are aware of. Like @leviathan said, it will be much easier to wait for, instead of wondering if certain matters are picked up and addressed to. It'll also reduce double postings, thus maybe a bit more oversight @ the forums, IMHO.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  15. DaMacFunkin

To be fair Apple doesn't disappear of the face of the earth for a month when it is spring festival.
    You can't compare Apple's with pears lol.

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

tbh i couldnt say

honestly Never owned an apple product in my life....cant say any of my family members have either :p

plus
    Maybe its just my 20 odd years in the Telecomms industry most in PABX ,where if something wasnt performing as promised,we had a LOT of customers on the phone everyday demanding answers
    part of being in a service industry is providing an actual service ,and owning up to issues that exist is a big part of that

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Bill-Z9X and DaMacFunkin like this.
  17. DELUCAS

If Zidoo was like a Billion dollar company like Apple
    There would be mods on here giving us whats coming up soon , a help desk ;)
    How to get the most out of a zidoo product
    1/4 yearly Firmware updates as the updates be so stable as they would of a huge team of firmware experts on hand .

But sadly Zidoo are a small company but they do update and work hard addressing issues as best they can

so firmware comes when it comes .

“ This is the Way “ ;)

18. DaMacFunkin

I agree, I work in sales and customer service and if there is something wrong you are expected to fix it, or the customer is never of the phone, if it isnt that easy to fix you are expected to acknowledge and provide a timeline and provide regular reports.
    Occasionally Mirror will say they are looking at something but it is usually tumbleweed.

19. DaMacFunkin

Hi, Zidoo will never become a billion $ company until they improve their customer experience.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  20. DELUCAS

Maybe its the Chinese way of doing things ?