I am happy with HT 4.0, please keep going.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Peter Cheung, Sep 2, 2020.

1. vaskorn

vaskorn New Member

Installed v6.0.66. Found that HT4 scraper changed most of cover art totally ignoring my setting to prefer my own posters. Something new in this area? What settings should force HT4 scraper to use my posters? Will there be a possibility to switch scraping totally off, just use existing data?

2. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

I face the same situation several time no matter it is HT3.0 or 4.0, I just restore my recent HT backup .
    I had tried the settings to save poster & nfo into the hard disk and set to use nfo in piority, it also solve the problems but it consume hard disk to zero byte free as times goes by - you update your movie data base and update poster, backdrops and nfo in your hard disk - and it is not healthy**.
    My back up method :
    I save all poster in self defined directory which is located in a 2.5 inch HDD (may be SSD faster to display) connected by SATA separated from all the other hard disks use to keep movie files, and I save the HT back up file also in that HDD and one more copy in Internal storage for safety. This method may also help you to swift from Z9S to Z9X. (change the directory, reboot, copy the .Home Theater - as retrive from my bad memory).
    By changing to use self defined directory there are something change in the hidden file (may be inside .Home Theater , I forgot which one, need time to verify and recall my bad memory) make sure reboot after the changed of the self defined directory in order to trigger the system to overwrite the setting (sometimes needed).
    **If I am offenced , please forgive and let me know, i will keep myself as CDROM.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  3. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Same here. Mark has posted a fix:
    Beta version 6.0.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro | Page 4 | Zidoo forum

4. vaskorn

vaskorn New Member

Thanks guys! I see, HT and library are products from Zidoo, which are not cooked yet, if ever will be, it's a pity.

5. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

6. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

One function would be well implemented in the HT.
    Deleting files via menu, like in the media center.