z1000pro Can you simply refresh?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by darkeyes909, Nov 13, 2020.

1. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

I watch a vid on a network drive. Can I then delete the vid file and "refresh" the page, so to speak or do I have to do a full rescan of drive to show the drive as having updated to show the vid file is no longer there? The Dune has a simple refresh page function. On the zidoo, I used the menu function to delete the file, but it does not reflect that in the contents.

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I've understood your question correctly. Are you looking for update source?
    Screenshot_20201113-081712.png

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If you're talking about HT4, as long as you have "Automatic Updating Sources" on then any file activity related to the library is reflected immediately whether it's an addition or a deletion.

If you're talking about Media Center, if you use Media Center to delete the file then that is reflected immediately. If you use another device (PC etc) to delete it and Media Center is currently showing the containing folder you navigate away from the folder (say up one level) and return to it and the contents are refreshed.

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

thank you @Markswift2003

Home Theater Settings - Preferences - Automatic updating sources
    Screenshot_20201113-120303.png

Media Center - Menu - Refresh
    Screenshot_20201113-120703.png

Cyclion likes this.
  5. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

He simply wants to take the old hdd and put it in the new player without rescanning all movies. Or use the old network conections.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  6. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

Wow, so many great replies, the refresh choice was what I was looking for, and the navigate away from folder to refresh. Most forums don't give such active useful replies. Thanks so very much folks.

McBluna and Markswift2003 like this.