Beta version 6.0.60 for Z1000pro and z10pro release date?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Polypenko, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Z1000pro and Z10pro owners would highly appreciate to know when the latest fw 6.0.60 will be released for these two models?

fsim2000, SandorM and Choubs like this.
  2. skelton

skelton Member

mirror already answered this in the other thread, said it will come this week.

DELUCAS likes this.
  3. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Yes but is this today or could it even be later?

Everybody is anxiously awaiting this new update, eventhough we have already seen on
    this forum that not all changes are effective or working as advised in the prenote.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  4. afss

afss Active Member

I understand the need to test a beta firmware on the Z9X community first, but I think in those early days when there are a lot of bugs being fixed, it would greatly benefit to quickly release the Z10 Pro and Z1000 Pro beta versions just a couple days after, once confirmed there are no major drawbacks identified. This would mean a lot in terms of customer satisfaction :)

5. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

I'm not anxious :)! Chill out man, there are more important things going on in the world today o_O!
    It will come when it's ready!

DELUCAS likes this.
  6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Quite correct !
    Wish people would stop repeating the same old thing

the 9 series gets it first to be tested on that platform then if all good other models follow later

“ This is The way “ ( Mandalorian )

Miguel Ramos, skelton and Mabon like this.
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I think Z10 & Z1000 Pro users are being treated unfairly. These owners have paid a premium for their products over Z9X owners. You'd expect manufacturers to recognize this and act accordingly. I now believe our "Pro" models don't qualify as "HIFI" ones - that became only known when someone asked if "gapless playback" would be supported - yes on forthcoming HIFI models! No I think "to some extent" our models have become inferior ones and so are not focused on. Given this thread, I'd expect Zidoo themselves to chip in and explain but of course they won't, leaving it to owners who are so called "testing" to defend matters. I'm still not convinced that the so called testers paid for their products. But what really galls me is that all owners became "beta-testers" on purchase - this was not advised beforehand - and even, when we get it, the new firmware will still have bugs, will be termed "Beta-Firmware" and not available "OTA".

Just my tuppence worth here.

jwort93, ThomasP and Choubs like this.
  8. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

This is definitely the wrong way. Every developer knows that you not test with the majority of users but start with a smaller group. Normally one of the other players 10 or 1000 Pro would be the right choice.

rozel likes this.
  9. DELUCAS

where is the logic in that ?

Ok scenario
    Lets say only release a new beta firmware for say the z1000 PRO ( The expensive model )
    And for an unknown reason it Bricks half of them ( a flaw in the release lets just say )
    Then you have a few hundred people fuming there expensive Pro is useless .
    Zidoo would have to step in and poss replace or send back to be re flashed etc

a few refuse and want there money back ?

If that happened would it make sense to release a firmware first for the cheaper model just in case that scenrio happened .

Saving Zidoo $$$

or release new beta firmaware to everymodel out !!!
    Find out theres an issue or its worse then you have a few thousand people complaining on these forums flooded with issues ........
    Or release to one cheaper model and have a handful of people complain
    and re tweak the firmware then release for the handful to give it a thumbs up
    Then ROLL IT OUT TO ALL

“ This is The way “

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I would suggest there's one hell of a lot more Z9X's out there than the combined total of Pro models, so I believe your "argument" is flawed

11. DELUCAS

Id rather test / Brick my cheaper 9X model than a more expensive Z1000 Pro
    If a beta firmware came out with some kinda issue .

what would you Brick then if ?

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm just looking at the total cost to Zidoo if they brick the Z9X models - a lot more than the combined cost of replacement of the Z10 and Z1000 Pro models.

jwort93 and ThomasP like this.
  13. DELUCAS

So they release a beta to 100 beta testers
    and firmware bricks .....

z9X. Bricked = £179.99 x 100 £17,999
    Z10pro Bricked = £269.99 x 100 £26,999
    Z1000 pro Bricked = £349.99 x 100 £34,999

hence one of the reasons Zidoo release first to the Z9X model first .

now back to main topic of beta firmware issues and solving them first on the X9x Model .

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Well they don't do that - they release the beta firmware TO ALL Z9X owners.

jwort93 likes this.
  15. jwort93

jwort93 Member

This argument is flawed because there are significantly more people using a Z9X, than a Z1000 Pro. So if the firmware did cause a brick, it’d affect way more individuals, and probably be much more expensive to repair/replace all the Z9Xs that were affected, than the smaller number of Z1000 Pros. Also, you’re listing retail prices, not how much it actually costs to manufacture the devices (no way it actually costs them £170 more to manufacture a Z1000 Pro than a Z9X), which would be their actual cost incurred if such a situation were to happen. And even then, it probably wouldn’t even cost that, because chances are they’d be able to re-load the firmware using a special tool, rather than actually needing to replace the device itself.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Lony and rozel like this.
  16. DELUCAS

If the beta firmware is not leaked out from the beta Z9x testers then it is not flawed .
    Originaly it was released to a select few to test .
    hence would only brick a few 9 models numbers .

you can argue and argue which will be pointless
    The 9 series always got the firmware first .

17. DELUCAS

Zidoo can easily put a stop to that if they so wish . ;)

18. jwort93

jwort93 Member

Beta v6.0.60 was not leaked though. It was publicly released to all Z9X users, which again, vastly outnumber the users of the higher end models. I agree with the need to use a limited number of people in a private beta test, but once a beta has been publicly released by Zidoo themselves to the Z9X, there is no reason not to release it for all the other models at the same time. It would have been sufficiently tested for any major bugs that could cause a full brick by the time it reaches that stage.

19. DELUCAS

Zidoo could very easily put a stop to the beta release as such
    But a majority on here would like the latest release to test / tinker etc
    As mentioned only 4 Days to wait but then there will be even more people complaining about the same issues as the Z9x owners .....

and potentially bricked Pro models
    Also some have issues updating firmware it seems .

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Only public betas.

DELUCAS likes this.